Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: herw's cards  (Read 28352 times)

herw

• Golem
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: herw's cards
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2020, 01:46:13 am »
+1

Also, having Curse type on Dark Path is confusing. It makes it so that all the existing cards that refer to "Curse" now are ambiguous as to whether they mean the name or the type. Not sure if you intended to have that type on the other treasures also.

iirc, this was herw's entry in WDC51 (Curses) and they replaced the stock curses.
my intention is, to have additional curses. So don't remove the original curses. I have tested in several games and it is a good decision.
Donald has created only one curse as card and type but didn't mentioned more about the color.
As there are negative victory points i decide, that the banner color only depends on this: negative victory points, because you remember them when counting at the end of the game.
The type curse is given only for the starter card dark path. If the other cards would be curses too, there would be unnecessary problems with choosing them.
So there is only the alternative whether you get a normal curse card or dark path.
Best is that the gainer decides which he gets (if you don't like, you can choose the more aggressive variant). If the normal curse pile is empty you have to gain dark path.

Indeed is the arc of suspense the doubts, whether you reach the end of line or not. But you get much money in the meantime.
We have tested in several games and it is no problem to play a strategy with more than one line beside other strategy.

You can test it by yourself very easy because the text is minimal and can add some blanko cards with this text.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:14:07 am by herw »

herw

• Golem
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: herw's cards
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2020, 05:02:23 am »
+2

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.773 seconds with 20 queries.