Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163969 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

idk probably no lynch and then lynch space tomorrow in the .00002% chance jake is town
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

i'm also flattered twm had any notion i'm capable of this sort of performance
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

town: awaclus, rr
towbn: space, twm, idp
hmmmm: jake, kk
fortunately i have other things than tone read now (though i haven't checked if the thing is a scumtell yet): lalight
one hundred and forty-hecking-nine

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

you must not know bout me, you must not know bout meeeee

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

something you guys might want to do in the little while before j8k is lynched is make the case why you're town. not why anyone else in particular is scum, just what makes you townie.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

also don't put him to l-1 if i'm not around

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

hey fucks

Um.. could you reign your general tone in a little, please? Thanks :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

something you guys might want to do in the little while before j8k is lynched is make the case why you're town. not why anyone else in particular is scum, just what makes you townie.

heh.. I'd like to see Awaclus's response to this suggestion.

What's the improvement of making towniness cases over making scumminess ones on other people, though? Other than being less work in general, I guess.

I feel like partner analysis and voting history with LL should be the way to go here really, though.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

hey fucks

i thought u weren't a tone reader

I feel like partner analysis and voting history with LL should be the way to go here really, though.
agreed. which is why we desperately need something else

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Why can't we lynch Jake and take the W?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

because, my dear child, only three of us have posted

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

What's the improvement of making towniness cases over making scumminess ones on other people, though? Other than being less work in general, I guess.

There are numerous improvements.

1) Making scumminess cases on scum allows scum to respond to those cases and adjust their playstyle and get away with everything.
2) Making scumminess cases on scum is usually not based on confirmed facts, making a towniness case on yourself is. That's why it's much easier to do the latter in a convincing way.
3) For the same reason, it's trivially easy for scum to fabricate a scumminess case on a townie, because it isn't based on confirmed facts anyway so they can come up with whatever arbitrary fake reason and it immediately seems plausible. Fabricating a case that's supposed to be based on true facts but actually isn't is a lot more difficult, and scum probably doesn't want to put the spotlight on their own posts because they know where they have scumslipped and forcing them to make a towniness case on themselves forces them to do that anyway.
4) Towniness cases naturally flow from the rules of the game — I'm allowed to place votes on people for any reason or no reason at all, but I'm not allowed to remove votes that are on me, so I can't demand that people make a case against me before voting for me, I have to make a case for myself being town to convince them to not vote me.

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

As for why I'm town, I have revealed that I have information that scum might not have (which is that I don't have a QT), I pushed the case against a flipped scum since D1, and at no point have I said anything that would suggest that I have more information than town should have or that I'm looking to make plays with a different objective in mind.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

4. SpaceAnemone
7. JaketheBaseballGod22

Here's a list of people I don't have a super duper strong town read on. I'm pretty null on space and super scummy on Jake, but it doesn't even really matter because the only way we don't lynch Jake is if he claims a PR and doesn't get counterclaimed.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

do the thing

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

hey fucks

i thought u weren't a tone reader

Really? I tend to scumread anyone at the first sign of aggressive language. Pretty sure I don't manage to filter it that very well much of the time.

Would it surprise you to find I don't follow your logic here?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Would it surprise you to find I don't follow your logic here?
related reading

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

4. SpaceAnemone
7. JaketheBaseballGod22

Here's a list of people I don't have a super duper strong town read on. I'm pretty null on space and super scummy on Jake, but it doesn't even really matter because the only way we don't lynch Jake is if he claims a PR and doesn't get counterclaimed.
You do know that I claimed D1 right? And GG good luck tomorrow. Vote: Jake I can help narrow the lynch pool
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I hope you know that if you're town, that's a poor play, and if you're scum, simply you voting for yourself isn't going to convince anyone.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I hope you know that if you're town, that's a poor play, and if you're scum, simply you voting for yourself isn't going to convince anyone.
I hope the rest of the town can see that your scum tomorrow
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I hope the rest of the town can see that your scum tomorrow
How do you still think I'm scum? I was the driving force against the 2.7 wagon and I was super cool about voting for Lalight. What have I done that's scummy in your eyes, besides going after you?

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Don't have a lot of time to look into this tonight but my gut feel is RR or Jake
100% win rate at RLM

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Actually just Jake.
100% win rate at RLM

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

It hurts that there was over a minute between those two posts.  :(

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

You do know that I claimed D1 right?
forgetting it is townie m8
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.