Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163885 times)

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Is it just me or is it REALLY WEIRD we aren't talking about LaLight more? Either (1) he performed the kill or (2) he was the one being targeted.

I don't think #2 is realistic. I don't see him as a great person for scum choosing to kill. Can anyone give reasons WHY scum would kill LaLight? There was scum suspicion on him during D1 so it would make more sense to kill someone who was generally read as town. LaLight seems like a stupid choice to NK.

That leaves LaLight as scum. I'm really weirded out there has been such little discussion on LaLight. I'm going to reread and pull quotes for people defending him.

Vote: LaLight

PPE: 5
Ha ha, we're totally gonna lynch Lalight.

Have I mentioned that kkrieg is towny?

What happened to lynch jake before LaLight?

And I disagree with kk. I think she could fit the mold of newbie scum. Not saying she is, but she might need a closer look at a later time and feel like that might get lost down the road if this attitude prevails.
I just think LaLight is a silly NK.
100% win rate at RLM

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Does it make that much of a difference to you?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

Is it just me or is it REALLY WEIRD we aren't talking about LaLight more? Either (1) he performed the kill or (2) he was the one being targeted.

I don't think #2 is realistic. I don't see him as a great person for scum choosing to kill. Can anyone give reasons WHY scum would kill LaLight? There was scum suspicion on him during D1 so it would make more sense to kill someone who was generally read as town. LaLight seems like a stupid choice to NK.

That leaves LaLight as scum. I'm really weirded out there has been such little discussion on LaLight. I'm going to reread and pull quotes for people defending him.

And I disagree with kk. I think she could fit the mold of newbie scum. Not saying she is, but she might need a closer look at a later time and feel like that might get lost down the road if this attitude prevails.

He is a great NK if he is town.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

It helps me on my read of you.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

If Jake is scum, I'm town?

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

if scum somehow knew there was a jk (1 in 4, given they wouldn't have an rb) and that they would target ll, then yes, it would be as good a play as no kill
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Can you give me reasons why? I don't think anyone's given any solid reasons.
100% win rate at RLM

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

If Jake is scum, I'm town?

No.
if jake is scum then i am townreading rr really hard, and we are proven to not be partners
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

and if you do think that shouldn't you be trying to convince us at all?
You won't listen to me anyways so i'll just wait for a flip to validate my points.
I'll listen. I really want to know why scum would target scummy town.
Let's talk in hypothetically. If you were scum who would you have NKed?

kkrieg: Sorry but no one here would Nk you
LL: I would
Awaclus: Very common mislynch
SA: Been absent most of the game it seems like more likely to be a N2 lynch
TWM: Has been very good as scum and had suspicion on him from the start
Me: Literally no reason to
Schadd: I wouldn't another common mislynch
RR: Why?
and you are more confident that all of us are wrong and not considering something obvious to you than that you are not considering something obvious to the rest of us (e.g. record of how it's gone the past 10 games)
Well let's see at the end.
in the weird corner of probabilities where you're both town and we lose, it's your fault. i can't work with nothing, and even if we lynched you instead and you flipped town or something i would still go for lalight the next day.
I gave plenty of good reasons of why RR is scum and why it makes sense that he is partners with awaclus. I guess I could see LL being his partner but I find it much more likely awaclus is the partner. But when I flip town will you scum read RR really hard?
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Can you give me reasons why? I don't think anyone's given any solid reasons.

From what I have seen active vets get killed first. He fit the bill of who I would have killed in my previous scum games. Posting, active, don't know about content of reads, had some suspicion, but generally unless there is something egregious day one suspicion doesn't translate from day one to day two very well. He came looking decent from the day one lynch. And it depends one who else there is to NK. I can say I would be unlikely to NK you, jake, RR or schadd. Probably not awaclus either. So that leaves me, space and lalight that a hypothetical me would NK.

That said I was suspicious of him and he probably should be the lynch. I just don't think it is a given and do t agree with your reasoning of how you got there. I am more interested in actually looking at his day one and whe he has time to post his day 2 (with the given that it will be heavily tinted with his knowing he is likely to be lynched)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I gave plenty of good reasons of why RR is scum?
Jake is a humorous fellow.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I gave plenty of good reasons of why RR is scum?
Jake is a humorous fellow.
REALLY?!?!? Finally I can get my comedy career going. Just lynch RR tomorrow schadd. @TWM preach man preach (minus that LL should be the lynch)
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

i'm gonna go through and address all of them

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Also by that reasoning that means the IC is not confirmed town because he was on 2.7.
something can confirm townies without confirming every townie. twm is not the paragon of things that town should have done.

This leaves only awaclus who I don't think has been towny.
this is like your only discussion of awaclus

Calling a RR/awaclus scum team by this because scum!RR knows I will flip town.
yeah, and if you're town, town!rr doesn't know that. town is allowed to do things for a large potential upside.

You should JK awaclus tonight.
unrelated but there is no way this is pro-town to say

So your giving town points to people who off wagon right? Its wayyyyy more likely that scum would be off wagon knowing that both of the possible lynches would be town.
this seems to operate under the assumption gets to just choose where they are in the votecount. awaclus and rr would just park themselves off wagon, confident with the notion that 5 townies would scramble together and vote e?

Or I could've not defended 2.7 as much as I did instead of completely reverse tunneling him.
Yes but if you know he's town you can fiercely defend him and claim town cred (like your doing now) for it and cast blame on more town to get more mislynches from it.
ditto. M97 was the first game in a while with no scum on a d1 town wagon, gkrieg flipflopped on andrew because he thought the idea of that was ridiculous. if you have any faith in scumhunting during the day, scum hard defending the town that gets mislynched should work very rarely.

So we should never say anything because it'll give scum info?
Really your gonna try to get awaclus to give reads?
wouldn't that not be indicative of a rr/awaclus team? awaclus will get scumread for that playstyle until society crumbles into ruin, why bring it up again?

Did you even read my case on you where I explained why I think your scummy, why I think LL would be the NK and why you and awaclus make really good sense as partners.
i did! i think your thing on why ll would be the NK doesn't count as a case, rather a... sort of... incorrect sentence?

Also if I remember right you were scum in M91 and only targeted me (like now).

Also why are you comparing with a blitz game instead of comparing with a recent game where I was scum (M94) and played completely differently.
i think you are playing similarly to M94 as well. why aren't blitzes fair game as a point of comparison?

OMG I just read some of M91 and your just like it now.
same shit as with me D1. you can't just say "oh you're like {other game}" without pointing to anything, especially considering you were wrong about it with me.

in your response to his case on you, there was stuff that you just ignored (like how you said "i would never use caps as scum," apparently not having noticed the part of his case where he pointed out you using caps as scum) which i have found so much more often to come from scum whomst has just been criticized accurately and doesn't have a response.

well, thassit. after that is the part where you're like "idc lynch me i don't have anything else interesting to do than AtE"

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Alright. I actually went back and reread everything. It was painful and you are welcome. I like neither of the RR or jake lynches today and probably forever (subject to change, not that I am likely to be around to change it, but still).

I think there an some good compelling points for RR being town and the same goes for jake. I see themselves getting worked up over each other because three know each other and seem to do this every game they are in in the hopes that they will be right and can rub it into each others faces once that ever happens.

Unvote

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

What I am thinking is tonight I do a dice roll. If 1 or 2 I JK Lalight. If 3 or 4 I jail keep someone else that I announce before the night ends. Basically there is one less person to have to worry about being killed and can hopefully use that information plus the info from last nog together tomorrow.

Where are you going to announce anything during the night before the night ends?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

So we should never say anything because it'll give scum info?

You can say stuff that helps town more than it helps scum. Reads don't fall into that category because they don't do anything to help town and everything to help scum.

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Then make a post like I did! Don't withhold information! If you really want my lynch, share your findings and let us discuss them!

If you really don't want your lynch, share your findings that prove that you're town.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

In other news, Vote: LaLight

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

if scum somehow knew there was a jk (1 in 4, given they wouldn't have an rb) and that they would target ll, then yes, it would be as good a play as no kill

Erm, schadd? That was maybe careless. Do we know for sure that scum can't no-kill? I was deliberately avoiding all talk of TWM's plan in case anyone else (especially anyone scummy) stumbled into the realisation that it's messed up by a no-NK, because that effectively frames whomever TWM targets.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

Fear of framing aside, I think vote: LL is in order here.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I might have been a nightkill because scum might've thought i am a pr
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Fear of framing aside, I think vote: LL is in order here.

Isn't it unannounced L-1?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.