Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 164918 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Giving scum information helps scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

So we should never say anything because it'll give scum info?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

So we should never say anything because it'll give scum info?
Really your gonna try to get awaclus to give reads?
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Wow, lots of this game is happening while I'm asleep, so apologies that my thoughts are coming in a little asynchronously.

I think it's certainly true that Jake is playing more carefully than his previous self, but I'd like to attribute that to his maturing as a player, and not necessarily scumread him for it. I kind of like that while RR is keen to go after Jake, Jake isn't actually being that OMGUSy.

They're both displaying flawed reasoning, though. @Jake, at #673 you seem to imply that TWM shouldn't be an IC because he's not ICd by wagon analysis, ignoring the fact that he's been ICd by the role claims. And @RR, you seem to be implying that no partner of Jake's could ever bus him, which is a dangerous mindset to get into if he is scum.

Oh, and reading back over the end of D1, I think e was being well-intentioned, and doesn't really deserve the criticism he seems to have been given for it. Wagon analysis is a nice tool to have, and there are only four of us on there now. However, it would have been much neater if TWM had gotten his vote on Jake in there first, since Jake's the one on whom suspicion was really growing. Too many people on e were just locked in by the timing, so I think the still-growing wagon deserved more attention.
I said the opposite at 673. I was saying that by RR's conf town strategy it would mean that the IC was not conf town. I was using this example to point out how his strategy was flawed.
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I don't think it's a confirmed townslip. It's possible that he'd make that slip as scum (if he knows that Jake is town, he could subconsciously not include Jake himself in the hypothetical scum team when talking about his partners) and it's super easy to fake.
In general, do you think I'm towny or scummy?
Super scummy
Baseball For Life

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

So here if my thought about Lalight and not lynching him today.

We already have the info from today. It is not going away. La was either the killer or the person being killed.

If he stays alive and is town mafia isn't going to kill him. He is too good of a mislynch tomorrow opportunity.

What I am thinking is tonight I do a dice roll. If 1 or 2 I JK Lalight. If 3 or 4 I jail keep someone else that I announce before the night ends. Basically there is one less person to have to worry about being killed and can hopefully use that information plus the info from last nog together tomorrow.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Oh shoot that only works if we lynch scum tonight otherwise the other scum player could just perform the scum kill and kill me easy peasy.

Lt me think on this more, but if anyone has ideas to add toot let me know.

I especially want awaclus input to make sure we aren't giving undue info to mafia as that is his mantra.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

We already have the info from today. It is not going away. La was either the killer or the person being killed.

If he stays alive and is town mafia isn't going to kill him. He is too good of a mislynch tomorrow opportunity.

What I am thinking is tonight I do a dice roll. If 1 or 2 I JK Lalight. If 3 or 4 I jail keep someone else that I announce before the night ends. Basically there is one less person to have to worry about being killed and can hopefully use that information plus the info from last nog together tomorrow.
I think he was the actual NK target so I definitely don't think we should lynch him.
Baseball For Life

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Well I JKed him cause I thought he was scummy so I don't have your complete confidenc in that.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I don't think it's a confirmed townslip. It's possible that he'd make that slip as scum (if he knows that Jake is town, he could subconsciously not include Jake himself in the hypothetical scum team when talking about his partners) and it's super easy to fake.
In general, do you think I'm towny or scummy?
Super scummy
That wasn't addressed to you, but thanks. Care to explain why?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I think he was the actual NK target so I definitely don't think we should lynch him.
What makes you think that?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Is 719-726 a fake fight between partners to try and make themselves seem more separate? I mean I'm 99% sure RR knows by now that awaclus never gives his reads because he believes it to be anti town so why were those posts like that then. I mean we discussed that earlier in D1.
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

What makes you think that?
Did you even read my case on you where I explained why I think your scummy, why I think LL would be the NK and why you and awaclus make really good sense as partners.
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Is 719-726 a fake fight between partners to try and make themselves seem more separate? I mean I'm 99% sure RR knows by now that awaclus never gives his reads because he believes it to be anti town so why were those posts like that then. I mean we discussed that earlier in D1.
Please stop.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Please stop.
Why because I'm right?
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

JaketheBaseballGod22 (3): RoadRunner7671, schadd, kkrieg
e (5): SpaceAnemone, The_Wine_Merchant, JaketheBaseballGod22, LaLight, e
The_Wine_Merchant (1): Awaclus
If Jake is mafia, then RR, schadd, kkrieg and Awaclus are confirmed town. I think we can all agree on this.

If Jake is town, it gets more interesting.  Actually, does it? Even if Jake is town, 2.7 was just so much more likely to get lynched, so I would still give massive town points to the people listed above. So my lynch pool just got cut in half.
So your giving town points to people who off wagon right? Its wayyyyy more likely that scum would be off wagon knowing that both of the possible lynches would be town. I am doing the opposite. I think everyone on the e wagon is towny. (3 are already conf!town to me at least with SA very likely to be town in my eyes.) That leaves LL (on wagon), You (off), awaclus (way off), Schadd (off) and kkrieg (off). Now I think schadd is town and kkrieg seems sorta towny. That leaves LL, Awaclus and RR. Now I give LL the benefit of the doubt here when he say he was the NK

1) sux. if there's a cop (1 in 3) it's a huge waste, any setup with a protective it gives a chance of getting a false inno/guilty but consider that you doc someone you already think they're town and jk is also just an intensification of a read you already had
2) no
3) what?
4) cool. you said you believe him though

3) I was the NK target
4) Yes, I mean I believe him if there's no counterclaim in which case I will consider

That's because if I was scum that's who I would target. (Looked towny D1 and was never really had any chance of being called out for being scum D1) That leaves Awaclus and you (RR). It's called POE or Process of Elimination.
I guess you're talking about this. Your assumption that scum would be off wagon is a huge one and one that can only be made if we all know you're town. However, even if we did know you're town, you don't explain why scum would be off wagon at all.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Interactions with 2.7!

Schadd thinking that IDPTG was subbing out because he was scum is slightly scummy on schadd.

IDP/e (3 posts from e, 17 from IDP) -- leaning townish for meta reasons, though I think schadd's narrative makes that look more cut-and-dried that it is. Need to keep an eye on e.
This is towny.

but I think you're saying you're all set to scumread me if I'm not actually Calamitas.
uh, no, this is not in fact my plan

Okay, good!

Vote: e
for the defending jake thing?
But then this is scummy on space, the vote is slightly scummy but the unanswered question by scahdd is more scummy.

oh another thing
I always defend Jake and he flips scum, so maybe if I don't defend him he will flip town?
you uh weren't in any of jake's three scum games

hmm.  That is interesting.  Maybe I was just in the speccy thinking he is town when he flipped scum.
I doubt it because my first game as scum (my first game in general) M87 the town figured out I was scum like 1/4 of the way through D1 so I doubt that this applies there, my next scum game M94 was impossible for this to be true because it was a flawless scum win so no flips, ZM23 was almost the same as M87 where by the end of D1 all three scum were trying to bus each other (to no avail) so I doubt it was true there so where does this apply?
I mean thanks for defending me but  that was just bad.
This seems sort of off to me. Slight scum points for Jake.

lynch preference

jake = lalight > twm = space > kkrieg = rr > e = awaclus
Towny from schadd.

I think I could lynch TWM but I feel like 1 that wagon is scum driven and 2 there's no real reason to besides his "meta" and gut feelings. If there's anything else can someone who is voting him say why? Also I'll only be online till like 1:45 btw.

"I feel like that wagon is scum driven."

Yet you are voting schadd, who is voting you. "That wagon is scum driven" is such a cop-out and hedgy response so that if TWM does flip town you can be absolved of responsibility. I could see myself switching to Jake if the opportunity presents itself
Even though this isn’t really an interaction with 2.7, I still think he brings up a good point, so scummy on Jake.

Vote: 2.71828 I can probably change this later if need be but I'm happy with it here for now.
More scumminess. I think he only did this because 2.7 called him out and it was sort of ‘2.7 doesn’t agree with me so he must be scum,’ which is an awful argument.

Oh man, I am really going to have to rely on the ultra-towniness of IDPTG with all these votes. That's my problem when I am an IC- I play way too free and loose then go and get myself lynched

This feels scummy as hell
But now the tables are turned, and it is you who is scummy for saying this!

yes, I think.

Vote: e (L-1)
The best justification I can find for this is that 2.7 called himself an IC, which is a bad reason to vote.

PS: Just remembered LA's schadd/TWM/x mafia scum team comment.

Either he deliberately faked this, or he legitimately forgot this was a 9 player game with only 2 mafia. Can't see him forgetting as a mafia player.

Is LA someone to fake something like this?
Forgot about Lalight’s town slip. I thought it was towny at the time, but a comment like x/y/z is easier to fake then just saying something about 3 mafia. So, 2.7 interactions aside, I’m scummier on LaLight.

e: i still buy into the replacement thing, largely. idptg had no stake in the game for a long time and continued to post; as scum, one probably would just stop posting and try not to fuck anything up for one's replacement (idp especially, given his attitude towards playing town, and he would have perfect excuse to do so), whereas it is natural to just keep at it for town because that's what town does any other time, especially one not really under any suspicion. additionally, he dumped the card of "i have been excited to play this game" which, if a scum ploy, i think would be one that he has thought about, and one that he wouldn't want to waste on a game he was replacing out of.

e's play hasn't been exciting; i initially considered in asking him about the idptg thing that, if town, he would be more likely to consider himself IC if he personally understood and bought into the argument. but at the same time i would imagine if he were scum he would know it like the back of his hand. so, e is null in a town slot.
More town on schadd.

Vote Count 1.e

JaketheBaseballGod22 (3): RoadRunner7671, schadd, e
e (4): SpaceAnemone, The_Wine_Merchant, JaketheBaseballGod22, LaLight
The_Wine_Merchant (2): Awaclus, kkrieg

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday April 11 at 9pm forum time.
This is still up to date!

Thank you RR! I think I'm still sticking with TWM....
Wowie you’re a townie.

Yeah but the great thing is that he is scum!! ;D
For the most part I think Jake’s tunneling of 2.7 is actually towny, but this isn’t to me. Mostly because of the emote.

Literally typed out to vote jake. But I won't back down to peer pressure. But klieg totally should!
I haven’t made a post on TWM because he’s an ‘IC,’ but this is such crap.

You were confirmed scum
Fixed
This is scummy as well.

You were confirmed scum
Fixed
You really still think he's scum? Oh my god
While now I doubt it.
Especially because he posted this like two  minutes after. What changed in two minutes? Or is Jake just trying to save face as scum? I’d imagine Jake would think his tunneling was scummy if 2.7 flipped town, so as scum he’s flip his position.

And tha’s it. So schadd and kkrieg get townier, Jake and LaLight get scummier, SA is pretty null, and TWM made me sad.
Wait so you think I'm scum because I used a emote. I can go back and find at least 5 posts where I used emotes in EVERY SINGLE ONE of my games.
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

If Jake is mafia, then RR, schadd, kkrieg and Awaclus are confirmed town. I think we can all agree on this.

If Jake is town, it gets more interesting.  Actually, does it? Even if Jake is town, 2.7 was just so much more likely to get lynched, so I would still give massive town points to the people listed above. So my lynch pool just got cut in half.
So your giving town points to people who off wagon right? Its wayyyyy more likely that scum would be off wagon knowing that both of the possible lynches would be town. I am doing the opposite. I think everyone on the e wagon is towny. (3 are already conf!town to me at least with SA very likely to be town in my eyes.) That leaves LL (on wagon), You (off), awaclus (way off), Schadd (off) and kkrieg (off). Now I think schadd is town and kkrieg seems sorta towny. That leaves LL, Awaclus and RR. Now I give LL the benefit of the doubt here when he say he was the NK

1) sux. if there's a cop (1 in 3) it's a huge waste, any setup with a protective it gives a chance of getting a false inno/guilty but consider that you doc someone you already think they're town and jk is also just an intensification of a read you already had
2) no
3) what?

3) I was the NK target
4) Yes, I mean I believe him if there's no counterclaim in which case I will consider

That's because if I was scum that's who I would target. (Looked towny D1 and was never really had any chance of being called out for being scum D1) That leaves Awaclus and you (RR). It's called POE or Process of Elimination.
I guess you're talking about this. Your assumption that scum would be off wagon is a huge one and one that can only be made if we all know you're town. However, even if we did know you're town, you don't explain why scum would be off wagon at all.
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Wait so you think I'm scum because I used a emote. I can go back and find at least 5 posts where I used emotes in EVERY SINGLE ONE of my games.
Glad you focused on the most important part of my reread. And it's not the fact that you used an emote, it's the fact that you used the emote that is smugly grinning.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

2) no
3) what?

3) I was the NK target

Why is it way more likely that scum would be off wagon? That's just opening a can of WIFOM, but if you look at other games, it's rare that the entire scum team is off wagon on a mislynch, especially D1.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

2) no
3) what?

3) I was the NK target

oh, just saw this. you mean, other than:

2. LaLight: Posting a lot and I feel like he's trying to figure out too many things this early in the game without enough information (except I feel really bad about this because you quoted Wonderwall earlier so you must be a good guy?). He also started the kkrieg vote which (is fine) is scummy because of my impressive mafia history. And he feels like Schadd is scummy but I just don't get that read at all.
Calling a LaLight/TWM scum team.
TWM and LaLight are both on my scummy radar.

lynch preference

jake = lalight > twm = space > kkrieg = rr > e = awaclus
and post-hoc, but still:
Well I JKed him cause I thought he was scummy so I don't have your complete confidenc in that.

and also the fact that he super pushed against a townie being IC'd and then went on to vote that townie to lynch, which nobody other than me has seemed to give a shit about

I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Please stop. Remember M92 and how this sort of hint totally played into mafia's hands?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Sorry. M91

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Time to look at Jake!

First, I want to look at Kubo Mafia:
Yeah sorry but I think that RR may be scum here. I also dislike the idea of lynching LL because just by a numbers perspective he's been scum a lot recently (M94 etc) and I doubt that he can be scum so many games in a row.
Jake was scum, and he wanted to lynch me but keep LaLight around. Could this be because I tend to scum read him and LaLight tends to town read him? Keep in mind that in this game, Lalight was his partner.

because just by a numbers perspective he's been scum a lot recently (M94 etc) and I doubt that he can be scum so many games in a row.
Jake uses poor reasoning as scum.

Yeah
First, Jake expresses agreement.

sorry
Then, he apologizes. That's called appealing to emotion.

I think
In the game where TWM, mcmc and I were scum, mcmc gave TWM some newbie scum advice: Always say 'I' and never say 'you,' because you'll sound less accusatory.

may
Not committing himself so he can still seem innocent/on the fence.

RR may be scum here.
Scum is going to agree with literally any wagon on any towny because we're at MyLo. If a newbie player is on/supporting of a wagon, it should be regarded with more suspicion than usual. And I'm not calling Jake a newbie to Mafia, I'm calling a newbie to an Ashersky setup.

I also

He says I again!

also
Expresses agreement again.

a numbers perspective he's been scum a lot recently (M94 etc) and I doubt that he can be scum so many games in a row.
This argument is invalid and I strongly suspect Jake knows that.

I doubt
He says I yet again.

(M94 etc)
Even with his invalid argument, he only gives one example of LaLight being scum 'so many games in a row.'

Conclusion: Jake is scum.

ppe LOTS
Ok hold up did RR just make a scum arugement against me because I use the word I a lot. This is ridiculous
Jake focuses only on the weak parts of a case and not on any other part of the case as scum.

I think I like the SA lynch most so for now Vote: SA

This could be Jake sidling onto the "quick"-hammer. I'm seriously town!
Or it could be Jake voting for who he thinks is scum
Jake is snarky as scum.

I would be open to a mass claim.
Jake likes it when people claim when he’s scum.

Ok hold up awaclus your case is bull I WANT TO LYNCH A BETTLE. I've never said otherwise.
As scum, Jake uses capital letters to get his point across.

Now let’s look at this game:

Jake uses poor reasoning this game.

In this game, Jake only focuses on the weak part of this case and not on any other parts.

Please stop.
Why because I'm right?
Jake has been snarky this game (I could find more examples of this).

Also, it is protocol to allow someone the opportunity to claim/provide final arguments as to why you shouldn't lynch them.

In my case, you won't get a claim and if you have questions feel free to ask. No need for any special "intent to hammer"
Will you softclaim?
Jake likes it when people claim this game.

KKRIEG 5 MINUTES TO VOTE E LIKE THIS Vote: 2.71838
Jake has used capital letters this game to get his point across.

I’ll look at Portal Mafia later, but for nome I’m gonna Vote: Jake

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

like, of the last bunch of non-RMM n1 kills:

M97: lalight, the one town off wagon
M96: ashersky, off wagon
M95: the wagon (though the day ended in no lynch), claimed JK
M94: gkrieg (off wagon, townread me, scumread mcmc), targeted but dylan bodyguarded
M93: no lynch but mcmc, who was off the major town wagon, was killed
M92: calamitas was on scumwagon, had claimed a PR of some sort
M91: calamitas was on wagon, but 2 scum were off & all the stronger townies were on wagon. gkrieg was like "why didn't i die?"
M90: gkrieg was on wagon but was also gkrieg
NM9: ditto
NM8: zigaton was off wagon & was a cop (dunno if he had claimed)

n1 kills are generally one of {off-wagon, gkrieg, calamitas}, and it helps to be scumreading scum; lalight's big non-e reads eod were TWM (jk) and me (i mean, i'm town, y'know?)

Please stop. Remember M91* and how this sort of hint totally played into mafia's hands?
as long as you use your discretion as to picking whomst to jk, we're fine. i also don't know what you're referring to and probably fucked up whatever it was, l0l. lynching scum is the priority over whatever wifom happens toNight
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.