Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163382 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

Attn: post 692
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Calling a RR/awaclus scum team
I'm glad we've moved on from OMGUS.

In reality though, you seem to have forgotten how fiercly I defended 2.7. Who was town, by the way.

So that means you could not have moved onto 2.7 without loking really bad, so that doesn't have much bearing on your alignment.
Or I could've not defended 2.7 as much as I did instead of completely reverse tunneling him.

Cause that is never something mafia might do?
That's not scum!RR for you, I'll tell you that. Especially for 2.7, he'd see right through that.

Question then, how would 2.7 be able to tell it was scumRR and not townRR as you say you were doing? Why wasn't he more suspicious of you for reverse tunneling him then?
I don't know. I guess he has a good enough ability to read me, or he just felt I was towny. Had I been scum, I would've approached this differently, and I think 2.7 knows that.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

1. kkrieg
Behaves as a newb!newb, can't tell if scum or not. May be both ways, I usually struggle to read people I haven't played with.
2. LaLight - IC, you know
3. Awaclus - either he is very townie or imitates his town play really well. Again, may be both ways, but I probably do not want to lynch him.
4. SpaceAnemone - massive town vibes. Yes, yes, may be imitated. I am sorry my reads are mostly crap. It's that stage of the game where everyone seems scummy to me unregarding anything.
5. The Wine Merchant
IC
7. JaketheBaseballGod22 - here we come into much scummier field. Jake feels very careful with posting and now he starts to tunnel people who may or may not be his partners. But he's not the one I want to lynch today.
8. schadd - Here we go, Scummy McScum Scummelson. I look at schadd's post and activity level and it rings all the alarm bells I have. schadd loves being VT, he said in Mafia Hub it's his favorite role and his behaviour in this game does seem like he is trying as hard as he can to seem just a VT. But it's a good gisguised scum play as I see it and I can't get away from this feeling.
9. Roadrunner7671 - quite a good candidature for being schadd's partner. Reverse tunneling is a thing that really helps you get towncred. Given that we had wagons on TWM/Jake/2.7 in the EoD, given that RR supposedly knew they all may be were town, he could easily protect E, because anyway the town will be lynched. Now the town is lynched, RR has townpoints, voila. I don't believe the plan, I don't believe RR.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I want Awaclus to say something. Prod: Awaclus

something
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

3. Awaclus - either he is very townie or imitates his town play really well. Again, may be both ways, but I probably do not want to lynch him.
he has uh not had that much content this game. can you point to any post that you are impressed by in the event that he's scum?

It's that stage of the game where everyone seems scummy to me unregarding anything.
it seems as though that has been much of the game for you.

7. JaketheBaseballGod22 - here we come into much scummier field. Jake feels very careful with posting and now he starts to tunnel people who may or may not be his partners. But he's not the one I want to lynch today.
can you point to where he's been careful with posting and can you explain how "tunneling people who may or may not be his partners" is anything indicative?

8. schadd - Here we go, Scummy McScum Scummelson. I look at schadd's post and activity level and it rings all the alarm bells I have. schadd loves being VT, he said in Mafia Hub it's his favorite role and his behaviour in this game does seem like he is trying as hard as he can to seem just a VT. But it's a good gisguised scum play as I see it and I can't get away from this feeling.
what is the difference between imitating vt and being vt while posting &c

Reverse tunneling is a thing that really helps you get towncred.
yes, because it's a townie thing to do. it turns out that scum doesn't like having people be town. if, say, scum!rr convinced TWM to vote e over jake and jake flipped town, rr can't join a popular lynch on e the next day (it's not likely that e would be the nightkill, and a lot of people would probably suspect him for having a town counterwagon, in addition to whatever people scumread him for yesterDay). that's the thing about being scum, is that you want to try to keep your options open. the reason why people ask for readlists so often and why it's kind of a scumtell to have a lot of null/scumreads is because townreads are people that will make you suspicious if you try to lynch them. incidentally, that heuristic is not helping you here.

as well, assuming rr scum needs to assume jake town, then, which i would think you'd be hesitant to do.

can you give a good argument as to why you would be the nightkill?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

Wow, lots of this game is happening while I'm asleep, so apologies that my thoughts are coming in a little asynchronously.

I think it's certainly true that Jake is playing more carefully than his previous self, but I'd like to attribute that to his maturing as a player, and not necessarily scumread him for it. I kind of like that while RR is keen to go after Jake, Jake isn't actually being that OMGUSy.

They're both displaying flawed reasoning, though. @Jake, at #673 you seem to imply that TWM shouldn't be an IC because he's not ICd by wagon analysis, ignoring the fact that he's been ICd by the role claims. And @RR, you seem to be implying that no partner of Jake's could ever bus him, which is a dangerous mindset to get into if he is scum.

Oh, and reading back over the end of D1, I think e was being well-intentioned, and doesn't really deserve the criticism he seems to have been given for it. Wagon analysis is a nice tool to have, and there are only four of us on there now. However, it would have been much neater if TWM had gotten his vote on Jake in there first, since Jake's the one on whom suspicion was really growing. Too many people on e were just locked in by the timing, so I think the still-growing wagon deserved more attention.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Oh, and by "locked in", I just mean that LL wend to bed at post #503, Awaclus disappeared at #505, and my "good night" post was #529. At the point I left, the competing wagon was still TWM, with three active votes to e's four.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Jake's partners would bus him. However, why would they do that when they could switch to the 2.7 wagon to get a pretty easy mislynch?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Jake's partners would bus him. However, why would they do that when they could switch to the 2.7 wagon to get a pretty easy mislynch?

Are you telling me that nobody we can see on Jake's wagon has a penchant for dramatic last-minute voting? The self-hammer by e was clearly unexpected by everyone who was still around at the time.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Are you telling me that nobody we can see on Jake's wagon has a penchant for dramatic last-minute voting? The self-hammer by e was clearly unexpected by everyone who was still around at the time.
Why wouldn't someone just be like 'screw it, we need a lynch, Vote: e'

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

For the benefit of newer players, RR has a bit of a history of voting at the last possible moment for dramatic effect.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Ah, @Jake, on the off-chance you are town, I don't mean to cause any offense when I say that I'm sad TWM hadn't hammered you!

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Jake's partners would bus him.
oo i made this same townslip last game

For the benefit of newer players
there will be a show right there
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

That's not a townslip.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

For the benefit of newer players, RR has a bit of a history of voting at the last possible moment for dramatic effect.
Don't tell me you thought I was gonna vote 2.7...

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

That's not a townslip.
how not?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

That's not a townslip.
how not?
Oh, you think it's a slip because I said partners. Never mind. I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I don't think it's a confirmed townslip. It's possible that he'd make that slip as scum (if he knows that Jake is town, he could subconsciously not include Jake himself in the hypothetical scum team when talking about his partners) and it's super easy to fake.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Interactions with 2.7!

Schadd thinking that IDPTG was subbing out because he was scum is slightly scummy on schadd.

IDP/e (3 posts from e, 17 from IDP) -- leaning townish for meta reasons, though I think schadd's narrative makes that look more cut-and-dried that it is. Need to keep an eye on e.
This is towny.

but I think you're saying you're all set to scumread me if I'm not actually Calamitas.
uh, no, this is not in fact my plan

Okay, good!

Vote: e
for the defending jake thing?
But then this is scummy on space, the vote is slightly scummy but the unanswered question by scahdd is more scummy.

oh another thing
I always defend Jake and he flips scum, so maybe if I don't defend him he will flip town?
you uh weren't in any of jake's three scum games

hmm.  That is interesting.  Maybe I was just in the speccy thinking he is town when he flipped scum.
I doubt it because my first game as scum (my first game in general) M87 the town figured out I was scum like 1/4 of the way through D1 so I doubt that this applies there, my next scum game M94 was impossible for this to be true because it was a flawless scum win so no flips, ZM23 was almost the same as M87 where by the end of D1 all three scum were trying to bus each other (to no avail) so I doubt it was true there so where does this apply?
I mean thanks for defending me but  that was just bad.
This seems sort of off to me. Slight scum points for Jake.

lynch preference

jake = lalight > twm = space > kkrieg = rr > e = awaclus
Towny from schadd.

I think I could lynch TWM but I feel like 1 that wagon is scum driven and 2 there's no real reason to besides his "meta" and gut feelings. If there's anything else can someone who is voting him say why? Also I'll only be online till like 1:45 btw.

"I feel like that wagon is scum driven."

Yet you are voting schadd, who is voting you. "That wagon is scum driven" is such a cop-out and hedgy response so that if TWM does flip town you can be absolved of responsibility. I could see myself switching to Jake if the opportunity presents itself
Even though this isn’t really an interaction with 2.7, I still think he brings up a good point, so scummy on Jake.

Vote: 2.71828 I can probably change this later if need be but I'm happy with it here for now.
More scumminess. I think he only did this because 2.7 called him out and it was sort of ‘2.7 doesn’t agree with me so he must be scum,’ which is an awful argument.

Oh man, I am really going to have to rely on the ultra-towniness of IDPTG with all these votes. That's my problem when I am an IC- I play way too free and loose then go and get myself lynched

This feels scummy as hell
But now the tables are turned, and it is you who is scummy for saying this!

yes, I think.

Vote: e (L-1)
The best justification I can find for this is that 2.7 called himself an IC, which is a bad reason to vote.

PS: Just remembered LA's schadd/TWM/x mafia scum team comment.

Either he deliberately faked this, or he legitimately forgot this was a 9 player game with only 2 mafia. Can't see him forgetting as a mafia player.

Is LA someone to fake something like this?
Forgot about Lalight’s town slip. I thought it was towny at the time, but a comment like x/y/z is easier to fake then just saying something about 3 mafia. So, 2.7 interactions aside, I’m scummier on LaLight.

e: i still buy into the replacement thing, largely. idptg had no stake in the game for a long time and continued to post; as scum, one probably would just stop posting and try not to fuck anything up for one's replacement (idp especially, given his attitude towards playing town, and he would have perfect excuse to do so), whereas it is natural to just keep at it for town because that's what town does any other time, especially one not really under any suspicion. additionally, he dumped the card of "i have been excited to play this game" which, if a scum ploy, i think would be one that he has thought about, and one that he wouldn't want to waste on a game he was replacing out of.

e's play hasn't been exciting; i initially considered in asking him about the idptg thing that, if town, he would be more likely to consider himself IC if he personally understood and bought into the argument. but at the same time i would imagine if he were scum he would know it like the back of his hand. so, e is null in a town slot.
More town on schadd.

Vote Count 1.e

JaketheBaseballGod22 (3): RoadRunner7671, schadd, e
e (4): SpaceAnemone, The_Wine_Merchant, JaketheBaseballGod22, LaLight
The_Wine_Merchant (2): Awaclus, kkrieg

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday April 11 at 9pm forum time.
This is still up to date!

Thank you RR! I think I'm still sticking with TWM....
Wowie you’re a townie.

Yeah but the great thing is that he is scum!! ;D
For the most part I think Jake’s tunneling of 2.7 is actually towny, but this isn’t to me. Mostly because of the emote.

Literally typed out to vote jake. But I won't back down to peer pressure. But klieg totally should!
I haven’t made a post on TWM because he’s an ‘IC,’ but this is such crap.

You were confirmed scum
Fixed
This is scummy as well.

You were confirmed scum
Fixed
You really still think he's scum? Oh my god
While now I doubt it.
Especially because he posted this like two  minutes after. What changed in two minutes? Or is Jake just trying to save face as scum? I’d imagine Jake would think his tunneling was scummy if 2.7 flipped town, so as scum he’s flip his position.

And tha’s it. So schadd and kkrieg get townier, Jake and LaLight get scummier, SA is pretty null, and TWM made me sad.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I don't think it's a confirmed townslip. It's possible that he'd make that slip as scum (if he knows that Jake is town, he could subconsciously not include Jake himself in the hypothetical scum team when talking about his partners) and it's super easy to fake.
In general, do you think I'm towny or scummy?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I'm posting a Jake reread later where I compare him to that game where he was a Doctor that EFHW was in, Portal Mafia and Kubo.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

In general, do you think I'm going to tell you?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I think it would be scummy of you to withhold reads when asked.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I think it would be scummy of you to withhold reads when asked.

You think wrong, it's towny and pro-town.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

How the hell could that possibly not be anti town?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.