Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163872 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

I don't know if this is the right time to do this, but with my VLA I guess I should.

I jailkept LaLight last night. I am a bit torn on whether this means he is mafia or town that was going to be killed, but I am leaning toward mafia.

It is a 50/50 chance, but if we lynch wrong I don't know if we learn anything.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

I thought about the same thing kkrieg, but not sure I agree.

At least about you, I could see new mafia being really hesitant to be a hammer there.

You could have applied the same to me. I had a strong town read on jake and wasn't going to switch there, if I did I think that would have been suspicious.

And same with RR. He had strong read on 2.7. If he switched after that it would have been suspicious.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Oh man. I am dumb. There is a chance the kill didn't work because of a potential 1shot bulletproof.

So maybe I should have held off from claiming. Shit.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

So maybe I should have held off from claiming. Shit.
you maybe should have.

i maybe should have posted a "ok, nobody claim yet, let's work things out; here is what i think you should do if you are __" after i saw the no death thing

i would have pushed for a bp claim today either way i think. it's really fortunate that you got a PR just because you are one of the more difficult people to read (and sorta look scummy from the wagon yesterday, i guess? depending on jake)

first thing is that any doctor, tracker or cop should obviously claim here, but i doubt that's the case.

i suggest everyone:
-say whether they counterclaim twm (if it comes down to it, claim your role specifically & result). if you are a doctor, don't do this; let the other role do it and then protect them if they aren't the lynch.

-claim bulletproof or not bulletproof. if we don't find a bulletproof, we kill lalight. snowball's chance in hell he was the nightkill. even if there is a bp claim, i would still push this maybe unless it's one of rr, awaclus, maybe kkrieg. i don't think anyone on wagon would be the nk.

i do not cc TWM, i am not bulletproof.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Not BP
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

in the interim, who wants to try to lampshade/deny the fact that i tried to IC a townie at a time where nobody knew who was gonna take the place of the slot, and 4 people ignored it and lynched him anyway? here are some ideas:

-i knew that e was gonna replace in and i had predicted that he would play in a way that would get him scumread if he thought he was IC
-i knew that 5 different ways of explaining it/pieces of evidence would be enough to prevent the lynch, which is why i only did 4
-i had spent the entirety of idp's replacement limbo furiously PMing andrew to add a rule against posting after applying to replace out, and the whole thing was just trying to get him to keep posting so that he would eventually get gotcha modkilled

as long as we're here, who can think of a way to lampshade the fact that lalight was the first one to speak out against it? i'm having a bit of writer's block there

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

I know. I am sorry. Hope it all works out. Since I am gone the next three days I thought it best to get it out there in case you guys decided to be crazy and do a short day or something, but I suppose that would have been unlikely.

So sorry if I screwed u. I'll be back on Monday. I would suggest waiting until I am back before lynching so I can give thoughts and such.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

nah, don't worry. it's only so bad just because we know what we're dealing with, and there's a reasonable likelihood that there isn't a bp (and if i had indeed pushed for that claim and we found there wasn't one, i probably would have recommended a jk claim if they had targeted somebody on wagon)

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

i think this is very likely a town win (always sunny theme)

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Maybe this is super noob but could people spell out their acronyms....?
100% win rate at RLM

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

VLA
vacation/limited access

i do not cc TWM
i do not counterclaim the wine merchant. counterclaim is when you claim a role that makes another claimed role impossible (i.e. narrow down to one of the two of you being scum)

PR
power role (i.e. not vanilla townie)

Not BP
there's a reasonable likelihood that there isn't a bp
bulletproof

IC
innocent child: a role (not in this setup) where the mod says "{person} is innocent child," i.e. town, at the start of the game. this is often just used to refer to somebody confirmed town either by setup, somehow (for example, if everyone declines to counterclaim TWM, he would be called IC) or simply by some especially strong argument from day play

furiously PMing andrew
private messaging

i probably would have recommended a jk claim
jailkeeper (what twm claimed)

any that i missed?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

also:
i suggest everyone:
-say whether they counterclaim twm (if it comes down to it, claim your role specifically & result). if you are a doctor, don't do this; let the other role do it and then protect them if they aren't the lynch.

-claim bulletproof or not bulletproof. if we don't find a bulletproof, we kill lalight. snowball's chance in hell he was the nightkill. even if there is a bp claim, i would still push this maybe unless it's one of rr, awaclus, maybe kkrieg. i don't think anyone on wagon would be the nk.
do you get why i want you to do this? does it seem fair?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I am not ccing TWM. Crap, this looks bad for me and I don't think I can talk myself out of it. Okay, with no kill, town is anyway in a good position, so lynch me fwiw, but give me time to share thoughts. Thank you!

PPE: 1
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

also:
i suggest everyone:

do you get why i want you to do this? does it seem fair?

well, I agree with the plan. No way I can prove I am town. Damnation.
Is there a chance scum would skip the NK to WIFOM someone? Have scum known here's the jailkeeper?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

you can figure that out yourself my guy

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

ugh I hae the position I am in

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

l0l

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

oh so you made your claim about knowing what i did in M90 before you read about me in M90, I guess thats better than you reading and blatantly misrepresenting but ugh if you are town, clue for next time don't assume the person pushing you is scum and not mount a clear defense because you think they won't listen...and if you are going to omgus them definitely have good reasons.
"ugh" is bad emotions. shame on you

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=8688663#p8688663
look at the bottom of point 3

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

oh so you made your claim about knowing what i did in M90 before you read about me in M90, I guess thats better than you reading and blatantly misrepresenting but ugh if you are town, clue for next time don't assume the person pushing you is scum and not mount a clear defense because you think they won't listen...and if you are going to omgus them definitely have good reasons.
"ugh" is bad emotions. shame on you

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=8688663#p8688663
look at the bottom of point 3

but I am not native, what is the difference between ugh and eh? Also i woke up 10 minutes ago give me time :D

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

uh, one of them is a default and non-revealing expression of displeasure, the other one is, like, a different thing

you can't fake emotions early in the morning is what you're saying?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

uh, one of them is a default and non-revealing expression of displeasure, the other one is, like, a different thing

you can't fake emotions early in the morning is what you're saying?

I always thought, they're like similar.

No, I can't always formulate foreign sentences early in the morning. Anyway emotions are not fake too.
You remember that several times when I wrote a weird post in the morning which was completely scummy? Like in Portal Mafia for one.
Anyway. the stance is that: I am not scum, I have no single idea wtf happened, I believe TWM and i am ready to be lynched the second time in my life.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

I have no single idea wtf happened, I believe TWM
how can this be?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I have no single idea wtf happened, I believe TWM
how can this be?

1) when i was scum in previous games I always was evaluating the idea to not NK so town would go the wrong way
2) scum forgot to submit a NK? that's Newbie game, anything might happen
3) obvious variant
4) someone still may come counterclaim

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

1) sux. if there's a cop (1 in 3) it's a huge waste, any setup with a protective it gives a chance of getting a false inno/guilty but consider that you doc someone you already think they're town and jk is also just an intensification of a read you already had
2) no
3) what?
4) cool. you said you believe him though
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.