Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163841 times)

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Is hammering being the last vote to lynch...?

Yes. Just please don't do that on me. I am town, and hammering town sucks. You get this bad feeling in your stomach
Wow I am completely convinced. No way e is scum because no one wants bad stomach feelings.
100% win rate at RLM

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile

Also, it is protocol to allow someone the opportunity to claim/provide final arguments as to why you shouldn't lynch them.

In my case, you won't get a claim and if you have questions feel free to ask. No need for any special "intent to hammer"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Hamer stats aren't actually a thing
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

But for an official "as good of a D1 defense as it gets without any real data" defense:

If I were scum I would have played the "lurker" card today probably. No reason to upset the apple cart when IDPTG was generally towny. Instead I went out and provoked some reactions. Some of those reactions came from extremely stream of conscious posts that were quickly proven inaccurate. Some of those were calling out people for their views. Do I need those reactions as scum? No. But to get into the game and get down to finding scum, I need those reactions as town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

But for an official "as good of a D1 defense as it gets without any real data" defense:

If I were scum I would have played the "lurker" card today probably. No reason to upset the apple cart when IDPTG was generally towny. Instead I went out and provoked some reactions. Some of those reactions came from extremely stream of conscious posts that were quickly proven inaccurate. Some of those were calling out people for their views. Do I need those reactions as scum? No. But to get into the game and get down to finding scum, I need those reactions as town.

This reminds me of Robz. His move would be to not play lurky but to try to play actively townie so afterwards everyone would say "Robz isn't scum, if he were scum, he'd lurk". I believe you are capable of doing something similar.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

This reminds me of Robz. His move would be to not play lurky but to try to play actively townie so afterwards everyone would say "Robz isn't scum, if he were scum, he'd lurk". I believe you are capable of doing something similar.

Very true. And I fall for it every time when he does it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Like in M95

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Very true. And I fall for it every time when he does it.

So why can't you just do the same here?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Because I am town here, so I can't pull off a scum!Robz move

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

You may as well be scum!e trying to pull off scum!Robz move. I believe that much more actually

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

You may as well be scum!e trying to pull off scum!Robz move. I believe that much more actually

Clearly, considering your vote. However, that is not the case. I just have to convince everyone else.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Working and wont be home until very late tonight so phone posting everything. Please be patient.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Vote Count 1.8

JaketheBaseballGod22 (2): RoadRunner7671, schadd
e (4): SpaceAnemone, The_Wine_Merchant, JaketheBaseballGod22, LaLight
The_Wine_Merchant (3): Awaclus, e, kkrieg

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday April 11 at 9pm forum time.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

TWM and Jake are is voting for me basically because I goaded them him into voting for me.

Expand on this please.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

unvote

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

I want at least a little bit to digest this. Mostly I am getting a scum feel from LA. Want to go back and see if that feeling corresponds to something a little more concrete and don't want 2.7 to potentially be hammered while I do.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Also Space's vote on 2.7 is from a long, long time ago. Is their opinion on 2.7 the same given the new information? I would like to hear what they think about 2.7 in the current setting.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I want at least a little bit to digest this. Mostly I am getting a scum feel from LA. Want to go back and see if that feeling corresponds to something a little more concrete and don't want 2.7 to potentially be hammered while I do.

Partner tell?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Partner tell?

Man. Let me tell you something, but this attitude is making it really hard to play as town. And when this game is over and if you end up being town I am going to come back to this quote and we are going to have a conversation about it.

Because this just isn't good. Because as town, I shouldn't have to worry about whether every little thing I do is going to make other people jump up and shout out ridiculous accusations. No. I should be able to say these things as town and look into things as town and unvote if I feel uncomfortable about a lynch without worrying that someone like you is going to call it a tell and base it as a reason to vote. Cause right now, I feel like any post I make is one that you or someone else is going to jump on and get me mislynched for it. Right now I am more paranoid about what I post than the two games where I was mafia. That can't be good!

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

PS: Just remembered LA's schadd/TWM/x mafia scum team comment.

Either he deliberately faked this, or he legitimately forgot this was a 9 player game with only 2 mafia. Can't see him forgetting as a mafia player.

Is LA someone to fake something like this?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Partner tell?

Man. Let me tell you something, but this attitude is making it really hard to play as town. And when this game is over and if you end up being town I am going to come back to this quote and we are going to have a conversation about it.

Because this just isn't good. Because as town, I shouldn't have to worry about whether every little thing I do is going to make other people jump up and shout out ridiculous accusations. No. I should be able to say these things as town and look into things as town and unvote if I feel uncomfortable about a lynch without worrying that someone like you is going to call it a tell and base it as a reason to vote. Cause right now, I feel like any post I make is one that you or someone else is going to jump on and get me mislynched for it. Right now I am more paranoid about what I post than the two games where I was mafia. That can't be good!

Oh, I perfectly know what you are talking about. Being town is a hard work, because you do two jobs at once: trying to catch scum and trying to convince others you are not scum. Get used to it, I feel it the whole game too. See? You scumread me, others scumread me. I am really concerned about what I write.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

lynch preference

jake = lalight > twm = space > kkrieg = rr > e = awaclus
awaclus: this is what his town play looks like, it is kind of not what his scum play looks like. in M94 he talked mess about how the narratives for his scum play are immaculate and his narrative for that game was rather uninteresting and maculate. this game he has just looked whatever. i would say he is near certainly town if either of lalight or twm is scum, since he's seemingly had no motive to action (even though he likes to bus. this setup is one of many that just sucks for scum with a d1 correct lynch 95% of the time, he would know that). additionally, that nothing has especially tipped me off makes me not want to lynch him today.

e: i still buy into the replacement thing, largely. idptg had no stake in the game for a long time and continued to post; as scum, one probably would just stop posting and try not to fuck anything up for one's replacement (idp especially, given his attitude towards playing town, and he would have perfect excuse to do so), whereas it is natural to just keep at it for town because that's what town does any other time, especially one not really under any suspicion. additionally, he dumped the card of "i have been excited to play this game" which, if a scum ploy, i think would be one that he has thought about, and one that he wouldn't want to waste on a game he was replacing out of.

e's play hasn't been exciting; i initially considered in asking him about the idptg thing that, if town, he would be more likely to consider himself IC if he personally understood and bought into the argument. but at the same time i would imagine if he were scum he would know it like the back of his hand. so, e is null in a town slot.

posting as i go because there's like a half hour
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

lynch preference

jake = lalight > twm = space > kkrieg = rr > e = awaclus
awaclus: this is what his town play looks like, it is kind of not what his scum play looks like. in M94 he talked mess about how the narratives for his scum play are immaculate and his narrative for that game was rather uninteresting and maculate. this game he has just looked whatever. i would say he is near certainly town if either of lalight or twm is scum, since he's seemingly had no motive to action (even though he likes to bus. this setup is one of many that just sucks for scum with a d1 correct lynch 95% of the time, he would know that). additionally, that nothing has especially tipped me off makes me not want to lynch him today.

e: i still buy into the replacement thing, largely. idptg had no stake in the game for a long time and continued to post; as scum, one probably would just stop posting and try not to fuck anything up for one's replacement (idp especially, given his attitude towards playing town, and he would have perfect excuse to do so), whereas it is natural to just keep at it for town because that's what town does any other time, especially one not really under any suspicion. additionally, he dumped the card of "i have been excited to play this game" which, if a scum ploy, i think would be one that he has thought about, and one that he wouldn't want to waste on a game he was replacing out of.

e's play hasn't been exciting; i initially considered in asking him about the idptg thing that, if town, he would be more likely to consider himself IC if he personally understood and bought into the argument. but at the same time i would imagine if he were scum he would know it like the back of his hand. so, e is null in a town slot.

posting as i go because there's like a half hour

3,5 hours to be precise

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Didn't see what I wanted to see.

Back to Vote: 2.7

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.