Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163953 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

I'm really a fan of voting LaLight but since the deadline is approaching I will vote: TWM. But LaLight is also voting TWM so that's weird.

I think that's L-1, meaning the next vote lynches him. Usually, it's polite to point out that it's L-1 when you vote someone to L-1, to avoid accidental hammering by people who don't notice :-) That said, I've missed it off a few times totally by accident lately, so I won't scum-read you for it on this occasion!

What do you, personally, think is scummy about TWM, though? Are you voting just to consolidate wagons?

Oh, and on deadlines: I'm on UK time, so the 9pm forum time deadline is definitely after bedtime. Presumably LL and Awaclus are similarly disadvantaged. I'll keep checking in till I leave work around 2pm forum time, at which point I have a social commitment for a few hours, but I should be able to be back late if we haven't reached a consensus by then already.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

Well, I am basically at L-1 because Jake will obviously vote me over himself.
I would rather not lynch myself but would rather not lynch you ethier so.

Cool. That feels townie of you. I am not inclined to lynch schadd (who you are voting).

Maybe vote: 2.7

Why 2.7?
His vote on me was the scummier of the bunch. See my other posts.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

I'm really a fan of voting LaLight but since the deadline is approaching I will vote: TWM. But LaLight is also voting TWM so that's weird.
What do you, personally, think is scummy about TWM, though?

I think it would be beneficial if everyone that is voting for me responded to this. Awaclus won't of course, and that is fine, but the others that don't adhere to his play style all could.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

lynch preference

jake = lalight > twm = space > kkrieg = rr > e = awaclus
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I think it would be beneficial if everyone that is voting for me responded to this. Awaclus won't of course, and that is fine, but the others that don't adhere to his play style all could.

As I have already mentioned, your playstyle started and continues looking like your scum playstyle. In fact I am getting the same vibes
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

lynch preference

Will you elaborate? I am definitely interested in this.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

lynch preference

later today
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

As I have already mentioned, your playstyle started and continues looking like your scum playstyle. In fact I am getting the same vibes

Meh. I call this fabricated. You gave one example. And a bad one.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

the fact that I can't give more precise examples is not a reason to call tis fabricated. Call it more of a gut feel and ggetting vibes. I swear, I just feel you're scum and I am pretty sure of it

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I have got a clear impression that first you tried to play differently from your previous games, but in the end you finished beeing the same.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

lynch preference

later today

remember, I am going to sleep in 8 hrs.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

the fact that I can't give more precise examples is not a reason to call tis fabricated. Call it more of a gut feel and ggetting vibes. I swear, I just feel you're scum and I am pretty sure of it

Well you are wrong. And I think you should be able to give examples. As this isn't a gut feel or vibes based from what you said. You say I am playing a more similar style to my previous mafia games. What examples of that statement do you have? Show a couple of posts from both games that demonstrate this. Like I said, you gave one example: that of me asking others why they are suspicious of me. But that isn't conclusive at all, as town I think is often wanting to know why others are suspicious of them.

Furthermore, you don't have a town-meta of me to read. You could be seeing my general personality and overall playstyle (which wouldn't be different whether I am town or mafia) and thinking it must be mafia because my previous two games were both as mafia. There is a lack of a control group. But if you continue with this, you will very soon get to see one, when I flip town.

Or, if you want to remove that statement and just say vibes and gut feel, then fine. But you can't have it both ways. Or, at least, I am going to call you out on it.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Vote Count 1.7

schadd (1): JaketheBaseballGod22
JaketheBaseballGod22 (2): RoadRunner7671, schadd
e (2): SpaceAnemone, The_Wine_Merchant
The_Wine_Merchant (4): LaLight, Awaclus, e, kkrieg

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday April 11 at 9pm forum time.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile

I know I love to pull the "look at the hard data, there is no reason to think I am scum. All you have is a gut read" card
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

what other kinds of cards are there?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

what other kinds of cards are there?

Ace of spades, queen of diamonds....all sorts. I actually have a very limited deck when it comes to mafia. The "give away passes" card, "claim IC" card (adopted from Robz), "lurking" card (I have intentionally not posted as scum because I thought if I posted I might mess up the current feel and outlook of the game), the "joke" card (obviously jokes are scummy....or are they?). Maybe more, but that is a good start. Problem is, I play some of these cards as town or scum. Like, it might appear like I am playing the "lurker" card when I am just busy and can't post. I almost always play the "joke" card. Haven't given away as many day passes recently....maybe I should pick that back up
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I think I could lynch TWM but I feel like 1 that wagon is scum driven and 2 there's no real reason to besides his "meta" and gut feelings. If there's anything else can someone who is voting him say why? Also I'll only be online till like 1:45 btw.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

I think I could lynch TWM but I feel like 1 that wagon is scum driven and 2 there's no real reason to besides his "meta" and gut feelings. If there's anything else can someone who is voting him say why? Also I'll only be online till like 1:45 btw.

"I feel like that wagon is scum driven."

Yet you are voting schadd, who is voting you. "That wagon is scum driven" is such a cop-out and hedgy response so that if TWM does flip town you can be absolved of responsibility. I could see myself switching to Jake if the opportunity presents itself

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

To follow up: Jake, who is the scum driving the TWM wagon?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

You, possibly LL
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Vote: Jake
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
Baseball For Life

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

You, possibly LL

So why are you voting for schadd then? I am confused. Just read through all your posts and couldn't really figure it out. A very early vote. Nothing further to explain it. Just kind of sitting there. It is hard to come up with cases against town players as scum because you see them through a lense of already knowing that they are town.

Your "scum driven wagon" of me and LL feels very forced, like you were backed into a corner and had to pick someone.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

I know I love to pull the "look at the hard data, there is no reason to think I am scum. All you have is a gut read" card

I don't think that is what I am doing. I am asking him to distinguish between which one he is saying.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

I don't like RR's Jake vote.

I think he could have very easily stated intent to hammer on me, or at least edged toward that conclusion, given that he was the alternate wagon and not be given a second look or suspicion about it.

Self-preservation is a very easy place to hide as it is a legitimate town move. Jake could have hid behind that, but he didn't.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.