Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 164915 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Gosh

vote: twm

Now I think there's 1 scum on Jake's wagon and 1 scum on TWM's wagon.

Hey. I am trying to approach things from your play style and understand where you are coming from here, but I just don't see it.

It looks like you identified something that you felt LA "scum slipped" and have voted him for that ever since. I went back to see if I could find something and couldn't.

And, further it looks like you think I am a partner because I unvoted him when he was at L-1, which I also did when schadd was at L-1.

To me, it looks like you have some confirmation bias going on. Do you disagree with that assessment? If so, why? And I am sure this post will reinforce that bias, but I feel it is worth making to help me (and the other townies at least, if you think I am scum) to understand a little better and to provide you an opportunit to townslip in your answer.

Lot's of people saying they want to lynch me. But haven't seen any reasons why as of yet. I would appreciate more information at some point so I can know why, cause right now the only reason I seem to be aware of is the belief that a scum must have been off wagon Day1.

Isn't that a little similar? Your meta is trying to push people to make a case on you so then you could argue with it. That's mostly (not only for you) a scum move.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

I don't think I ever did that in my previous two games. And it never worked as I rare had anyone vote for me in those two games (bragging).
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

You can't just say, "this is your meta" and declare it so. Well, you can say it, but don't expect me to just believe it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I don't think I ever did that in my previous two games. And it never worked as I rare had anyone vote for me in those two games (bragging).

second quote is from M96, where you say yourself that lots of people want to lynch you

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Oops just realized that post was from a previous game. I feel silly now.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

You can't just say, "this is your meta" and declare it so. Well, you can say it, but don't expect me to just believe it.

I am not trying to persuade you to vote for yourself. I am telling my points why I voted you

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Well, they did say it. But isnt that point something that came up after you voted for me. Like, I feel like I just stumbled into something you set up.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

And to me that is more of a personality trait than a meta. Regardless of alignment I am going to want to know why someone finds me suspicious, as town or mafia. That is interesting to me.

Why wouldn't I want to know that info as town?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Well, they did say it. But isnt that point something that came up after you voted for me. Like, I feel like I just stumbled into something you set up.

I haven't set anything up. I have found just a relevant quote, there are some before my voting for you also. That's why I voted for you in the first place

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

TWM (47 game posts) -- engaging a lot. Seems to have a thing against schadd that extends into meta rather than scumreads maybe? Also seems to be pretty conscious of how he's seen (e.g. at #208), which is something I'm scumread for from time to time, but he seems to be doing okay with it. What were his previous games? Background reading/revision is in order if he's actually a ninja scum player, because he's giving off a pretty townie vibe to me.

I don't think I have any beef with schadd. Or anyone for that matter. I will acknowledge that I often don't have a clue understanding what he is talking about and will ask (sometimes in a snarky manner to clarify), which I think he often does.

I think in previous games (both mafia and both times was able to win) people gave me townie reads for pretty bad reasons and ignored some very suspicious stuff. And given that my two previous games I was town, I really have no idea how to actually scum hunt (previous was mostly mimicking how some of the best do it and how I thought I would perhaps do it if I were town), so I am trying some different approaches to see how it works.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Alright, I really don't understand how that has any bearing on my alignment. But I feel like we are talking past each other.

The quote above is obviously a typo as it should say that my two previous games I wasn't town.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Hey. I am trying to approach things from your play style and understand where you are coming from here, but I just don't see it.

It looks like you identified something that you felt LA "scum slipped" and have voted him for that ever since. I went back to see if I could find something and couldn't.

It's hard to see scumslips when you're scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Vote: TWM
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

That logic just completely fails to work. But ok.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

It works just fine.

Premise 1: It's hard to see scumslips when you have a scum mindset. (That's why scum makes scumslips in the first place)
Premise 2: When you are scum, you have a scum mindset.

Conclusion: It's hard to see scumslips when you are scum.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

It works just fine.

Premise 1: It's hard to see scumslips when you have a scum mindset. (That's why scum makes scumslips in the first place)
Premise 2: When you are scum, you have a scum mindset.

Conclusion: It's hard to see scumslips when you are scum.

I think that is a fine conclusion. You took it a step further. And concluded that I must be scum because I can't see the one scumslip you supposedly identified. But there are other factors. Such as being a different human than you and seeing different things in different ways.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I think that is a fine conclusion. You took it a step further. And concluded that I must be scum because I can't see the one scumslip you supposedly identified. But there are other factors. Such as being a different human than you and seeing different things in different ways.

And here you're trying to trick me into explaining myself, but it's not working.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

And here you're trying to trick me into explaining myself, but it's not working.

Whut?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Whut?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Whut?

I'll just sit here and wait for Godot to show up.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Whut?

I'll just sit here and wait for Godot to show up.

I LOVE the allusion.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

I am not trying to persuade you to vote for yourself. I am telling my points why I voted you
shouldn't you, like, want him to have to talk about it more?

many scum threads would contradict this (i know i pointed out several in M87 and maybe RMM37, EFHW pointed at least one out that i remember in M95)
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

many scum threads would contradict this (i know i pointed out several in M87 and maybe RMM37, EFHW pointed at least one out that i remember in M95)
[/quote]

What is more compelling to me is whether town is guaranteed to also see these supposed scumslips. Given that no one else is voting for LA, they must not have seen this scumslip, either. We can't all be mafia, right?

So, I think asking Awaclus to point out that scumslip so it can be assessed and analyzed by others isn't really giving anything away at all, because if it exists, then the vast majority of town isn't seeing it. But I guess that is just a big old magic trick from me trying to get Awaclus to townslip by letting us in on the secret. I musta be the mafia!

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

quote fail. Let me know if it doesn't make sense.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

But I guess that is just a big old magic trick from me trying to get Awaclus to townslip by letting us in on the secret. I musta be the mafia!

That wouldn't be a townslip. But it's true that you must be mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.