Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 164901 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

TWM (47 game posts) -- engaging a lot. Seems to have a thing against schadd that extends into meta rather than scumreads maybe? Also seems to be pretty conscious of how he's seen (e.g. at #208), which is something I'm scumread for from time to time, but he seems to be doing okay with it. What were his previous games? Background reading/revision is in order if he's actually a ninja scum player, because he's giving off a pretty townie vibe to me.

I don't think I have any beef with schadd. Or anyone for that matter. I will acknowledge that I often don't have a clue understanding what he is talking about and will ask (sometimes in a snarky manner to clarify), which I think he often does.

I think in previous games (both mafia and both times was able to win) people gave me townie reads for pretty bad reasons and ignored some very suspicious stuff. And given that my two previous games I was town, I really have no idea how to actually scum hunt (previous was mostly mimicking how some of the best do it and how I thought I would perhaps do it if I were town), so I am trying some different approaches to see how it works.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Doesn't this contradict your attitude to my suggestions earlier?

Sorry TWM! Completely wasn't paying attention to this earlier... I'll go back and try to work out which thing you're talking about now.

Actually, it would be really helpful if you could point me at what you mean with a post number or a quote. Sorry if I'm just being dozy :-(

I don't actually want to get back into the conversation, but I am interested in what I was doing is different than what you think we should have been doing here, which got shot down very quickly

Generally I think I see what you are saying. But in this specific case, claiming or not claiming 1-shot BP isn't horrible.

just to ruin this for everyone, current mafiascum meta is to claim 1-shot bulletproof immediately

I would have been fine not going down that road, but RR started us down it. And I think we should keep going. It isn't going to hurt the game for us and it might even help.

We can't erase how RR did or how people responded, what we can do is continue to move in that direction to town's best benefit.

Except now I am realizing it was LA who mostly shot it down and not you, my mistake. So probably ignore this unless you feel compelled to talk about it.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Vote Count 1.5

schadd (3): LaLight, JaketheBaseballGod22, e
LaLight (2): Awaclus, kkrieg
JaketheBaseballGod22 (3): RoadRunner7671, schadd, The_Wine_Merchant
e (1): SpaceAnemone

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday April 11 at 9pm forum time.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:40:25 pm by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

My what a disaster this is
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Vote Count 1.5

Awaclus (1): SpaceAnemone

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday April 11 at 9pm forum time.

Is space voting awalcus or e?
100% win rate at RLM

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

My what a disaster this is

how is that?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Vote Count 1.5

Awaclus (1): SpaceAnemone

Is space voting awalcus or e?

Sorry, fixed.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Ugh, i just had a dream where we lynched Andrew and he flipped scum and we were like "do you really think it was a good idea to make mod scum in the newbie game?" And he said "well, newbies figured it out"

Sorry, something meaningful soon :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

okay, reread everything twice and the more time goes the more I am scumreading TWM. At first he was pretty townie due to lack of effort that he puts a lot of when he's scum. But now it looks like that was intentional because now he slowly returns to his scum meta. I am calling TWM/schadd scumteam and remaining on schadd's wagon, who was scummy before and is scummy now.

The other person to think about is Awaclus. Maybe he's doing the same thing with scumreading me with 100% surety for metareasons (because previously he's been doing that as town so now he exprects us to read him as town again (which works as far as I can see)).

Can't read RR and Jake at all. They are generally scummy and it's hard to judge. I won't be surprised if one or both are scum, but for now schadd is scummier than both combined.

I tend to townread SA a lot, and I am doing it now, but I keep in mind that they may as well be scum and nothing really would differ in that case. Don't want to lynch right now, but will watch closer after (if i will make it to D2 :) )

kkrieg is the nullest of all, i can easily see her being scum and being town. I wish there were more content because it's hard for me to read someone the first time.

e/IDPTG are on townie side, but I don't really support schadd's idea that that IDPTG leaving post was IC-level townie. But D1 pass from me.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

okay, reread everything twice and the more time goes the more I am scumreading TWM. At first he was pretty townie due to lack of effort that he puts a lot of when he's scum. But now it looks like that was intentional because now he slowly returns to his scum meta. I am calling TWM/schadd scumteam and remaining on schadd's wagon, who was scummy before and is scummy now.

So basically you want to distance yourself from your partner without voting for him.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

So basically you want to distance yourself from your partner without voting for him.

Have I ever give you an impression of such a bad player? I am no scum, I don't do things you are talking about and even if I was, I wouldn't do such a brush thing!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I am okay with lynching either TWM or schadd, depending on what wagon will be viable closer to the end of the day (when is that btw?)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

oh, I won't be here at the deadline, it's 4am my time

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Awaclus, what do you think of Jake wagon? Because I don't like it at all.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Well, does it look like I am on the wagon?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Have I ever give you an impression of such a bad player? I am no scum, I don't do things you are talking about and even if I was, I wouldn't do such a brush thing!

However, if that defense worked, you could do that as scum and it would be a good play.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I am talking more about not what you think of Jake but what do you think of people forming such a wagon (especially if you think that Jake is not scum). Because I, for one, think that there is 1 or maybe even two scums on the wagon. Wagons on Jake are universal scum radars.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I am talking more about not what you think of Jake but what do you think of people forming such a wagon (especially if you think that Jake is not scum). Because I, for one, think that there is 1 or maybe even two scums on the wagon. Wagons on Jake are universal scum radars.

I think there is 1 scum on Jake's wagon and 1 scum on schadd's wagon.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I think there is 1 scum on Jake's wagon and 1 scum on schadd's wagon.

Okay, i got it, thanks!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

vite: twm

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Gosh

vote: twm

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

oh another thing
I always defend Jake and he flips scum, so maybe if I don't defend him he will flip town?
you uh weren't in any of jake's three scum games

hmm.  That is interesting.  Maybe I was just in the speccy thinking he is town when he flipped scum.
I doubt it because my first game as scum (my first game in general) M87 the town figured out I was scum like 1/4 of the way through D1 so I doubt that this applies there, my next scum game M94 was impossible for this to be true because it was a flawless scum win so no flips, ZM23 was almost the same as M87 where by the end of D1 all three scum were trying to bus each other (to no avail) so I doubt it was true there so where does this apply?
I mean thanks for defending me but  that was just bad.

Yeah, I agree with Jake that it looks bad, especially because schadd has already mentioned checking the speccies. It's an odd pattern of defending and scum-reading, though, since Jake's not really the strongest player for a scum to want to buddy.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Gosh

Now I think there's 1 scum on Jake's wagon and 1 scum on TWM's wagon.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Gosh

Now I think there's 1 scum on Jake's wagon and 1 scum on TWM's wagon.

Hey. I am trying to approach things from your play style and understand where you are coming from here, but I just don't see it.

It looks like you identified something that you felt LA "scum slipped" and have voted him for that ever since. I went back to see if I could find something and couldn't.

And, further it looks like you think I am a partner because I unvoted him when he was at L-1, which I also did when schadd was at L-1.

To me, it looks like you have some confirmation bias going on. Do you disagree with that assessment? If so, why? And I am sure this post will reinforce that bias, but I feel it is worth making to help me (and the other townies at least, if you think I am scum) to understand a little better and to provide you an opportunit to townslip in your answer.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

This is extremely vague. Can you provide more specific points? I would argue I am very different this game from my previous two.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 20 queries.