Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 164926 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

? lol should we all just start talking in different langues now?
hi! do you have a response to my one thing?

Don't know what that one thing is.

Maybe this?

I always read you as scummy when your town
we haven't been in any games together where we were both town, nor were you spectating any of my town games
How am I supposed to respond to that? It's a statement not a question. Also I've read games where you town but i thought you were scum sooooooo.
you just did respond to it. which games?
M96
can you give an opinion of anyone else from that game?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

well the idea was that he'd be able to respond quickly but he went offline pretty soon after. jake, can you articulate what about my play is different from that game, then?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

well the idea was that he'd be able to respond quickly but he went offline pretty soon after. jake, can you articulate what about my play is different from that game, then?
You seem more "carefree" then usually in other games but that's also sorta this game in total so it might just be that. Also you seem more towny this game which is different because in the past I have read you as scummy. Also TWM why are you voting me? Also schadd why are you so paniky about my one vote on you. It's almost like I found someone who is scum.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

Holding someone accountable for what they say and asking follow up questions is not panicky. It is how you play the game.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Well maybe not how "you" play the game. But it certainly is a way to play it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Well maybe not how "you" play the game. But it certainly is a way to play it.
You still haven't said why you are voting me.

btw your signature is great

Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Also you seem more towny this game which is different because in the past I have read you as scummy.
yes, but what have i been doing that makes me towny? and how is it different from the way i've played in the past?

Also TWM why are you voting me? Also schadd why are you so paniky about my one vote on you.
L0L

also what TWM said. you floated through M94 on every mislynch and no one called you out on anything/asked you to explain in detail, and your vote on me in particular there was like "uh he looks town but idk something about meta" which i was reminded of from your vote in this game

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Also schadd why are you so paniky about my one vote on you.
also, weren't you just complaining how there wasn't enough to talk about a bit ago?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Also you seem more towny this game which is different because in the past I have read you as scummy.
yes, but what have i been doing that makes me towny? and how is it different from the way i've played in the past?

Also TWM why are you voting me? Also schadd why are you so paniky about my one vote on you.
L0L

also what TWM said. you floated through M94 on every mislynch and no one called you out on anything/asked you to explain in detail, and your vote on me in particular there was like "uh he looks town but idk something about meta" which i was reminded of from your vote in this game
So I actually agree with some of your points when your serious and those points seem town to me. This is different because I didn't agree with your points in the games with you.

In M94 I never had to actually "play the game" as you call it because of what you said. That's not what I'm doing this game.
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

also, weren't you just complaining how there wasn't enough to talk about a bit ago?
No? TWM why are you voting me?
Baseball For Life

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

I am seeing now that I am town, one of my roles {Awaclus would probably disagree, but they can have their own playstyle} is to give out reads and hunt so that others can more easily read me.

I definitely disagree. Giving out reads doesn't help town read you, it helps scum counterplay you.

So you shouldn't post every read all the time? Just kind of wait it out until someone has undeniably done things that are scummy? Also what's a townslip?
100% win rate at RLM

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

So I actually agree with some of your points when your serious and those points seem town to me. This is different because I didn't agree with your points in the games with you. 
it would be very helpful for me if you could give specifics, though. what am i saying here that's agreeable, compared to M96? and are you suggesting that i change my opinions about the game to look more townie?

In M94 I never had to actually "play the game" as you call it because of what you said. That's not what I'm doing this game.
and how is it not what you're doing this game? it has taken a lot of prodding to get a good explanation of your vote here.

No?
this post is what i was thinking of:

ok vote: jake

play the game, please
I mean if you want me to talk more then about what? Most of the recent content has been saying hi to e discussing awaclus's awful theory's about how town should play and I've already said I think, that you look scummy to me for now.
though i misunderstood it a bit (not complaining that there wasn't enough to talk about, rather noting that there wasn't anything else for you to talk about. as an aside, though, it isn't up to us to find things for you to talk about; it was somebody's signature at some point that "if the game isn't going the way you want it to, always assume it's your fault")

I am seeing now that I am town, one of my roles {Awaclus would probably disagree, but they can have their own playstyle} is to give out reads and hunt so that others can more easily read me.
I definitely disagree. Giving out reads doesn't help town read you, it helps scum counterplay you.
So you shouldn't post every read all the time? Just kind of wait it out until someone has undeniably done things that are scummy? Also what's a townslip?
this is what awaclus believes, yes; whether you do or not is up to you, though the rest of us will more than likely ask that you do (and because you're rather new to this, it's especially helpful since it will make you especially easy for us to read).

a townslip is something someone says that makes it clear (or likely) that they don't have information scum would have. the opposite of a scumslip (i.e. accidentally suggesting you have information only scum has access to, usually people's alignments)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Vote: Jake
L-1, sorry man.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Because I feel like you are making up your responses to schadd on the fly and trying to cast suspicion on him for legitimate questions.

Also why are you so panicky about my one vote on you. It's almost like I found someone who is scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

Boy, that escalated quickly. Can't catch up now and for next 15 hours, busy day.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Vote Count 1.4

schadd (2): LaLight, JaketheBaseballGod22
LaLight (1): Awaclus
RoadRunner7671 (1): kkrieg
Awaclus (1): SpaceAnemone
JaketheBaseballGod22 (3): RoadRunner7671, schadd, The_Wine_Merchant

Not Voting (1): 2.71828.....

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday April 11 at 9pm forum time.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Because I feel like you are making up your responses to schadd on the fly and trying to cast suspicion on him for legitimate questions.

Also why are you so panicky about my one vote on you. It's almost like I found someone who is scum.
Or that now I'm probably dead because why not? Or why so?
Maybe because I'm town and theirs no case against me. Also has anyone ever seen schadd target someone like this?
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

L-1, sorry man.
TRICKERY!!!!! You were already voting me. What bogus from RR.
Baseball For Life

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Maybe because I'm town and theirs no case against me. Also has anyone ever seen schadd target someone like this?

Don't know what you are saying with the first sentence. And that is a case, whether you call it one or not. It might not be correct, but it is a case. Obfuscating, avoiding answering specific questions and reflecting back suspicion on those questioning you is certainly a case.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Don't know what you are saying with the first sentence. And that is a case, whether you call it one or not. It might not be correct, but it is a case. Obfuscating, avoiding answering specific questions and reflecting back suspicion on those questioning you is certainly a case.
Your signature is wrong btw. I'm at L-2 RR lied.
Baseball For Life

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile

Ok, read up on the game. Seems to be a lot of general helpful people around, which is disconcerting.

Vote: schadd

Except, you know RR did make a joke earlier in the game (that I did not get until later explained in the thread) which is might be super scummy, but Robz isn't in this game, and I am all for the making of jokes.

kkrieg seems normal enough, LaLight could be scum, I don't know. I always defend Jake and he flips scum, so maybe if I don't defend him he will flip town?

Overall, it's been a pretty good D1, still have a decent amount of time left to create some more activity, but I really like the competing wagons we have right now.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

You can post reads, as long as you're ambiguous about how serious they are and don't explain the reasons. Townslips are what schadd already explained, but there are also townslips where you post information that scum probably doesn't have or might not have figured out. For instance, I could point out that I do not have a QT in this game, which is something that scum wouldn't know because they do have the scum QT and usually townies get individual QTs but apparently not in this game.

this is what awaclus believes, yes; whether you do or not is up to you, though the rest of us will more than likely ask that you do (and because you're rather new to this, it's especially helpful since it will make you especially easy for us to read).

And that's why town loses so many games.

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

it would be very helpful for me if you could give specifics, though. what am i saying here that's agreeable, compared to M96? and are you suggesting that i change my opinions about the game to look more townie?
this went unanswered.

Also has anyone ever seen schadd target someone like this?
i've tunneled somebody D1 of my last 3 town games and it's gotten me some ok results. honestly, though, i don't even think i'm targeting you here as much as i have in the past; it's just that you're voting town, and moreover you're voting me, both of which are things scum love to do, and things that you in particular seem to like to do when you're scum. so, i'm trying to press into your reasoning to see if it's genuine and well thought-out, and it's been like pulling teeth and you've taken every opportunity to try to cast suspicion on me for it.

L-1, sorry man.
TRICKERY!!!!! You were already voting me. What bogus from RR.
is this a scumread?

Your signature is wrong btw. I'm at L-2 RR lied.
i didn't understand the first sentence either

Ok, read up on the game. Seems to be a lot of general helpful people around, which is disconcerting.
why's that? it's a newbie game (though sorta low on newbies at present)

Except, you know RR did make a joke earlier in the game (that I did not get until later explained in the thread) which is might be super scummy
he sort of explained it two posts afterward (49, 51)

oh incidentally, e, iirc you've said in the past that you're at your best when you're defending yourself from a bunch of people but unfortunately your predecessor was uh very likely town

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

sorry, guys, very hard day, 1,5 hours of sleep. I am going to sleep now, will catch up tomorrow, promise.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.