Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163886 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

sorry if it will touch you

There's no need to worry about that when it comes to me.

Okay, tough guy :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

town: awaclus, rr
towbn: space, twm, idp
hmmmm: jake, kk
fortunately i have other things than tone read now (though i haven't checked if the thing is a scumtell yet): lalight
twm is maybe at townwbun

I'm re-reading stuff, and not actually understanding your use of words here. And I guess that means other people don't either. What is a townbn and a townwbun?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

3. I love the kkrieg vote. It's always harder to contribute as scum than as town, because all yoir reads have to be pretty much made up. That being said, I don't want to lynch a newbie D1 in a newbie game, especially when they're the newest newbie.
i sort of agree. in the mafiascum newbies i've seen it's not that big of a thing for either alignment (newbies replacing out is kind of a scumtell but rarely is it the case that they just don't have anything to say) but that might be because it's, like, the big mafia site and it's typically the place to go if you're specifically seeking out mafia; harbinger from M95 was rather similar to kkrieg now.

i wouldn't like to base a d1 lynch on this because, like, we just don't know much about her and the lynch wouldn't be informative from a reasoning perspective either way. i also kind of think gkrieg would give her some advice or other in case she rolled scum

fortunately i have other things than tone read now (though i haven't checked if the thing is a scumtell yet): lalight
twm is maybe at townwbun

I'm re-reading stuff, and not actually understanding your use of words here. And I guess that means other people don't either. What is a townbn and a townwbun?
town- & town--
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

I'm am liking and not liking schadd's play here so for now i feel safe putting him at L-1 Vote: Schadd
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Vote: Jake for hopping on an easy wagon and putting someone at L-1 10 minutes into the day.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

3. I love the kkrieg vote. It's always harder to contribute as scum than as town, because all yoir reads have to be pretty much made up. That being said, I don't want to lynch a newbie D1 in a newbie game, especially when they're the newest newbie.
i sort of agree. in the mafiascum newbies i've seen it's not that big of a thing for either alignment (newbies replacing out is kind of a scumtell but rarely is it the case that they just don't have anything to say) but that might be because it's, like, the big mafia site and it's typically the place to go if you're specifically seeking out mafia; harbinger from M95 was rather similar to kkrieg now.

i wouldn't like to base a d1 lynch on this because, like, we just don't know much about her and the lynch wouldn't be informative from a reasoning perspective either way. i also kind of think gkrieg would give her some advice or other in case she rolled scum

Yeah, I think we need to assume gkrieg is being supportive. Also, total newbie suspected-scum player might be okay to leave around as long as we're not in danger of reaching lylo (the point at which we need to lynch correctly or lose the game), because most newbies don't master the art of natural partner interactions for their first couple of games.

We did have a newbie scum sub out of NM9 almost immediately, so the scumtell effect schadd's describing certainly happens here too :-(

twm is maybe at townwbun

town- & town--

... and that meaning makes sense how? ???
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Vote: Jake for hopping on an easy wagon and putting someone at L-1 10 minutes into the day.
I previously said i thought schadd was sorta scummy 1 and 2 what do you mean by 10 minutes into a day?
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I previously said i thought schadd was sorta scummy 1 and 2 what do you mean by 10 minutes into a day?
The day is still young yet you want schadd to be lynched. And why is schadd scummy?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

Maybe this is just because I saw the last game that I was in have an early quick hammer that I saw benefit me as a mafia player, but I now want to unvote.

Of course that is going to make people be all like "Why you so nervous about him being at L-1?" But, hey man, I just told you above. I felt the same way about LaLight and didn't immediately unvote because I thought people would react badly to it, but you know what I am going to do what I feel I should do. And if that makes me scummy, then that makes me scummy.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Maybe this is just because I saw the last game that I was in have an early quick hammer that I saw benefit me as a mafia player, but I now want to unvote.

Of course that is going to make people be all like "Why you so nervous about him being at L-1?" But, hey man, I just told you above. I felt the same way about LaLight and didn't immediately unvote because I thought people would react badly to it, but you know what I am going to do what I feel I should do. And if that makes me scummy, then that makes me scummy.
Nah bro that makes you towny.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

twm is maybe at townwbun

town- & town--

it strays away from the word "town" and more towards a disordered stream of characters, which would indicate null

you uh actually said i was towny. as did lalight incidentally
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Definitely have some reads I'd like to share but have to wait until after work because posting in this forum from a tiny screen is THE worst.
100% win rate at RLM

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

Definitely have some reads I'd like to share but have to wait until after work because posting in this forum from a tiny screen is THE worst.

Anticipation!
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

kkrieg

• Pawn
    • View Profile

Anticipation!

You may want to lower your expectations...
100% win rate at RLM

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Anticipation!

nope!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Anticipation!

Even more suspense!

I'd be excited, but I'm getting too sleepy :-P

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

twm is maybe at townwbun

town- & town--

it strays away from the word "town" and more towards a disordered stream of characters, which would indicate null

The sad thing is I'm getting towny vibes from schadd because of how casual he's being.
yeah but a schadd that seems towny is concerning because usually town schadd gets lynched early (like M94) for seeming scummy so maybe not towny vibes from me yet.
Where does that say i think your your towny????????????
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

You said he seems towny and is therefore scummy.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

The sad thing is I'm getting towny vibes from schadd because of how casual he's being.
yeah but a schadd that seems towny is concerning because usually town schadd gets lynched early (like M94) for seeming scummy so maybe not towny vibes from me yet.
Where does that say i think your your towny? ??? ??? ??? ??
well in saying "schadd that seems towny" you are either saying that i seem town to you or assuming rr is town and endorsing that i seem town to him (which would not really be indicated by 129). and also incidentally from both 145 and 203 i would be led to believe i'm null to you, except for how you voted me. oh and also you haven't given reads on anybody else

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Where does that say i think your your towny? ??? ??? ??? ??
well in saying "schadd that seems towny" you are either saying that i seem town to you or assuming rr is town and endorsing that i seem town to him (which would not really be indicated by 129). and also incidentally from both 145 and 203 i would be led to believe i'm null to you, except for how you voted me. oh and also you haven't given reads on anybody else
I said you seem towny to me which is worrying because I always read you as scummy when your town so i said that was a slight scum read on you for that. Seeing no other scum reads by me I just put a early vote on you. That's all.
Do I have to give my reads on everybody because if so 75% of the names would just have null next to them.
Baseball For Life

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

I always read you as scummy when your town
we haven't been in any games together where we were both town, nor were you spectating any of my town games

Do I have to give my reads on everybody because if so 75% of the names would just have null next to them.
uh. how about give the reads for the ones that aren't null then

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

we haven't been in any games together where we were both town, nor were you spectating any of my town games
Oh snap.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

they call me the ~~~~historian~~~~

kkrieg

• Pawn
    • View Profile

My top scum feels in order:

1. RR: not sure how to articulate why - he just seemed scummy from the beginning

2. LaLight: Posting a lot and I feel like he's trying to figure out too many things this early in the game without enough information (except I feel really bad about this because you quoted Wonderwall earlier so you must be a good guy?). He also started the kkrieg vote which (is fine) is scummy because of my impressive mafia history. And he feels like Schadd is scummy but I just don't get that read at all.

3. The Wine guy: agreed with LaLight on the Schadd being scummy pretty quickly and again I think Schadd is town. and similar to RR, just seems scummy

4. Space: just incredibly hard to read so you're on this list - sorry!!! also feel like because you are such an analytical player you would normally be trying to figure out the scum/helping out town a little more than you are (but I also have never read any past games...)

Who knows if any of the above is relevant but whatever - also how do you play this game without rereading every page? (asking for a friend)
100% win rate at RLM

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Posting a lot and I feel like he's trying to figure out too many things this early in the game without enough information
aren't i doing this as well?

Who knows if any of the above is relevant but whatever - also how do you play this game without rereading every page? (asking for a friend)
you will pretty much always want to continually look back at things and reread. once you start getting a better feel for the game you might start remembering things better, but rereading is pretty much a given.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.