Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163874 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I can perfectly imagine schadd/twm/x scum team now.
i agree that you have gotten away with calling me scum d1 a lot of times
well two of times i guess

was I right? th only i can remember is M87, but i don't emember if i scumread you D1
m87 you initially did but then didn't. m92 you did and were wrong, m94 you did and were scum

Okay, you are one of the hardest fr me to read. I mean my gut always say you're scum, because I don't think too often that you play a town game. But sometimes I need to tell myself that it's you, you don't necessarily try to play as townie as possible. And after all you're my wonderwall you are null to me. And I prefer to scumread those who are null to me.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

uh ok
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

incidentally you may have scumtold but i have to check
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

heeeeey yaa-aaaaa vote: dylan32 sorry
oh he's not in this game

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

Wow I just wanna lynch RR already and were only 3 pages in. Way to make a newbie game super confusing RR.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

suspense!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

heeeeey yaa-aaaaa vote: dylan32 sorry
oh he's not in this game

Huh.. I actually had to go and look on the list of players to check you weren't just trying to confuse us. Which you were, but previously, and possibly unconsciously.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

To re-ask my earlier question that kind of went unnoticed: who other than kkrieg identifies as a newbie here? I think I've played in games with most of the rest of you, haven't I?

I'm not always good at distinguishing between returning vets and new people, especially if I missed out on the game in which they returned, since I'm not very well-read in terms of our back-catalog, or even games that have happened recently that I wasn't actually playing in.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

I would.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile

Me too.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Okay, so we have kkrieg, TWM and IDP as newbies in some sense.

The longest-standing vets are Awaclus and RR.

LL, schadd and I all started playing around the same time, and Jake is newer than us by a fair stretch.

Other interesting and potentially-relevant facts:
* LL, Awaclus and I are all east of the Atlantic. I'm relatively sure the rest of you are in the US, right?
* Jake and RR are both really quite young, and know each other IRL.
* LL and I have met IRL, and skype each other sometimes.
* I've talked to kkrieg one time on Skype, and kkrieg, LL and I are all intending to be at an f.ds meet in Berlin in August. (Though this game should certainly be over before that becomes an issue!).

Any other player-relevant info we should cover?

kkrieg

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: kkrieg
    • View Profile

Feel like I should be commenting more, but not totally sure I have anything to add right now....

At least Space can confirm gkrieg isn't just making up this kkrieg :)
100% win rate at RLM

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

uh. who unto heck is replacing out?

Any other player-relevant info we should cover?
i can do a synopsis of everyone's playstyles

kkrieg: uh, wife of gkrieg who seems kinda cool and indeed a bit similar to gkrieg. gkrieg himself doesn't play especially excitingly, but he generally gets the best results out of anyone on forum when he's town, and the mafia tend to try to get rid of him rather quickly. i am, in turn, good at reading him (2 for 3, got him wrong my first game but the latter two i was right and very confident) which is, uh, useful, considering that he is often right. suffice to say, kkrieg has a bit to live up to.

lalight: usually has a very high post count and participates in a large amount of the games that happen here. he's rather charismatic and tends to get townread a lot as both alignments. i have trouble figuring out his oftentimes, i think because he isn't a native english speaker (so i rarely get a good tone read on him)

awaclus: ardently believes that townsfolk shouldn't have to explain reads on people (which is funny, because i'm townreading him for the reasons i'm assuming for his current vote) and is generally rather stubborn and unabashedly pedantic. he gets reasonably good results though and i find that he is kind of easy to read (though i haven't seen very many of his scum games).

spaceanemone: math PhD (don't remember what in, specifically) and tends to talk in depth about the concrete and mechanical aspects of the game (often this means setup stuff, but that will likely not be all that relevant this game), and is thus often difficult to read (since many of their posts are rather impersonal). they haven't been doing this as much in recent memory but that might just be because the games i remember were less setuppy.

the_wine_merchant: has played two games on site, as scum, and is very good at it (very high post count, widely townread just for seeming genuine & elaborate). given the stuff he made up those games i would be led to believe he's a good town player but we haven't seen that for sure yet

idontplaythisgame: he's still a bit new, and is typically very reserved and unsure of himself. he's also a math person and appreciates mechanical parts of the game, similarly to SA.

jakethebaseballgod22: in his first several games a few months ago he was quite rowdy and widely criticized (and pretty much always lynched) for tunnel vision-ing on certain people and making poorly-reasoned arguments; recently he's grown to be a lot more level-headed and a lot stronger as both alignments but still playful, which i think is a good thing

schadd: howdy! i usually post a lot, and i'm a lot more deliberate with my posts than i think i seem to most people. my biggest skill is memory; a lot of my posts sound like a comic book fan ("uh, actually, in issue 225 you contradict the opinion you stated just now") and i can get rather strong reads on many people i've played with before based on their habits and what i expect them to be thinking/doing in response to game events. my big accolade is that i've been right about my strongest scumread D1 of every game i've been in, which is often kind of difficult to do without the prerequisite knowledge of flips (i.e. the alignments/roles of people who died already)

roadrunner7671: similar to jake (and they are friendos irl), often criticized for being inelegant and not seeming to take the game seriously; has regularly gotten mislynched as long as he's played. that said, i find him to be pretty transparent and often well-reasoned.

Feel like I should be commenting more, but not totally sure I have anything to add right now....
honestly, any thoughts that you have would be helpful; the thing about newbies is that they're generally easy to read, just because you're coming into the game with a blank slate and, if you're scum, you don't have a baseline of yourself to imitate. that is to say, if you're town, just go nuts! and we'll probably be able to figure you out. and if you're scum, sorry!

for starters: what are you looking for to form your reads? do you currently think any behavior is more likely to come from scum than from town?

vote: lalight

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

I want to encourage good town behavior, like the above, but I am wondering why I didn't see that sort of post from you last game?

I mean, I could understand the whole thing.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

was last game a newbie?

didn't think so, fucko

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

(i don't actually think you're a fucko, yet)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

O ok
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

honestly, getting 2 scumvps without anyone thinking you're a fucko is both impressive and horribly unimpressive

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

The sad thing is I'm getting towny vibes from schadd because of how casual he's being.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile

The sad thing is I'm getting towny vibes from schadd because of how casual he's being.
yeah but a schadd that seems towny is concerning because usually town schadd gets lynched early (like M94) for seeming scummy so maybe not towny vibes from me yet.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

yeah but a schadd that seems towny is concerning because usually town schadd gets lynched early (like M94) for seeming scummy so maybe not towny vibes from me yet.
except noooooo that was one gameeeee where a scum pushed me really harrrdddd and like 6 towns hard defended meeeeeee

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

like, you remember, you were one of the three scum on wagon you drongopus

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

And now we are back to me not having a clue.

But your explanation makes sense.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

town: awaclus, rr
towbn: space, twm, idp
hmmmm: jake, kk
fortunately i have other things than tone read now (though i haven't checked if the thing is a scumtell yet): lalight
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.