Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163836 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

rr: the bp thing was the sort of needlessly provocative and faintly anti-town thing town!rr is way more likely to do (i think the short explanation is that he gets bored and is used to a climate of being scumread & mislynched); though i do believe he knows that such a thing ought to be considered towny from him, there is no guarantee this cast of characters is going to do that (and indeed he did get a lot of negative attention for it, at least early). since then, i have continued to get a sense of the bored d1 rr that dips in and reads people based on how he already knows them (this is what i'm thinking of in specific).

rr is actually closer to the e/awaclus zone

kkrieg: still restrained, as is my read of her. depending on how much she is in fact a reflection of gkrieg's personality, though, that might just be entirely how she plays town (and probably scum as well, but still). mostly she has done a few things that would be rather unintuitive for a first-time scum performance on forum: this post in particular is just exactly how town feels there, and is the kind of emotional segue you see from experienced scum players (robz does this an asston, see end of m90) but it would be so hard to think to do unless you've seen people do it and get townread for it. a few other posts have given me this same impression.

i will now briefly be taking questions.

you, confused guy in the grody brown shirt?
Didn't see what I wanted to see.

Back to Vote: 2.7
from me? yeah, sorry. i don't know e very well. i played one game with him, as scum, and i remembered him as the guy that i didn't bother with because he enshrined himself in so many TvTs

yeah. you, in the pink house thing
3,5 hours to be precise
ah. that is different than what i thought
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

I didn't see what I wanted to see in LA. There wasn't anything concrete, or at least anything specific I could mention, from LA aside from a slightly nervous gut feel about him.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

As in wanted to see to be able to vote him, that is.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

I m off to sleep. Pretty confident with my E vote. Good luck guys, let's lynch scum D1.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile

i played one game with him, as scum, and i remembered him as the guy that i didn't bother with because he enshrined himself in so many TvTs

schadd seems to read me pretty well.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I didn't see what I wanted to see in LA. There wasn't anything concrete, or at least anything specific I could mention, from LA aside from a slightly nervous gut feel about him.

Who is LA?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

i played one game with him, as scum, and i remembered him as the guy that i didn't bother with because he enshrined himself in so many TvTs

I just hope that someday I will actually push a lynch through on scum. Will that be today? I don't know. I hope so
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

meant to add:
the kind of emotional segue you see from experienced scum players (robz does this an asston, see end of m90) but it would be so hard to think to do unless you've seen people do it and get townread for it.
one can see this in how i found twm way more personal in M96 than M91

now we enter the tobwrzn zone

space anna mone: hasn't tipped me off either way. i don't have any especially strong heuristics for them, and among the ones i do have i don't have any good results, thus i don't see any reason to spill the beans. supposedly they're a good scum player, idk

winey pants: here is where we see how uniquely shite it is to not know what someone's town play looks like. a lot of the ways he's described reasoning have mirrored M96:

PS: Just remembered LA's schadd/TWM/x mafia scum team comment.

Either he deliberately faked this, or he legitimately forgot this was a 9 player game with only 2 mafia. Can't see him forgetting as a mafia player.

Is LA someone to fake something like this?
kinda reminds me of
People who voted for Robz: Um. Has Robz not received a single vote all game? yeah, not a single vote all game. I wonder if that has ever happened before to make it to Day3 and not have a vote without being night killed or an IC or something (I don't know maybe it has and I am making a bigger deal out of this. But vote: Robz just to ruin the record.
ooh, {kinda neat observation}, does anyone know what to make of this?

but that might just be the way he does things. how would we know?

a couple other things: i kind of don't see him playing the "i don't actually know how to fucking do any of this" card for the first time on his third scum game. but maybe he saw "newbie" in the title and thought "hey, yeah!"

there is also a question of who to heck his partner is if scum, which we have the fortune of asking D1 in 9p. too many people would just be bussing uninterestingly: e, kkrieg, awaclus. lalight & twm would not want to be scum theatre-ing an argument, i think.. jake doesn't seem likely just because 408 would just be stupid ("townread you for townreading me" as seemingly the sole reason is silly and risky considering both of them are at considerable risk of being lynched)

i do have a couple other things i'm looking out for that haven't really gotten readings yet but i will always be kind of ok with lynching him, just because i had many different means of reading him fail in M96.

babe, no i can't. you quote trimmed the part where i said i couldn't read you
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

babe, no i can't. you quote trimmed the part where i said i couldn't read you

Yeah, but the part where I just end up getting into "battles." TvT, TvM, whatever. I just end up in the argument. My creating controversy is not a town or scum tell, it just is. Actually, I think I do more of it as town.

Anyway, phone is dying. Will post more when I get home

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

Who is LA?

LaLight

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

jake: honestly,
[/size]Also TWM why are you voting me? Also schadd why are you so paniky about my one vote on you. It's almost like I found someone who is scum.

this is enough to do it for me.

something i find scumjake to be bad at is nuance and elaborate argument; there was a while where he just noted a bunch of different reasons that i was scum for the stuff i was doing. he has since not talked about me, in spite of seeming somewhat certain i was scum.

he has also not issued any townreads other than TWM.

lalight: it's just a bunch of little things that i will spend more time piecing together when the case is actually relevant (i am a bit time constrained rn)

Because I am town here, so I can't pull off a scum!Robz move

You may as well be scum!e trying to pull off scum!Robz move. I believe that much more actually

kind of reminds me of

hey fun fact, "mafia goon" is an anagram of "goof mania"

hm, actually this looks like you looked into your role pm after the start of the game. vot: schadd, I am serious.

in terms of tone/framing; "actually" as a kind of hamfisted way to suggest he came up with the reason organically/during the post

i sort of noted it at the time but 380 does not sound to me like how town treats someone they think is gonna flip red; town wants to keep arguing with them and try to make SvS look less likely in the event of a flip; he sorta seemed content to dump the reasons and hope other people agreed & voted (see: ww saying eevee looked like "scum trying to explain their way onto a mislynch" on joseph in M96)

lalight & jake are kinda chainsawing (jake turned on me around when i started to be more confident about ll, ll claimed a jake wagon is always scum-indicative, uh, having recently come out of ZM23)

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

faaaarts

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

Also TWM why are you voting me? Also schadd why are you so paniky about my one vote on you. It's almost like I found someone who is scum.

something i find scumjake to be bad at is nuance and elaborate argument; there was a while where he just noted a bunch of different reasons that i was scum for the stuff i was doing. he has since not talked about me, in spite of seeming somewhat certain i was scum.

lalight: it's just a bunch of little things that i will spend more time piecing together when the case is actually relevant (i am a bit time constrained rn)

You may as well be scum!e trying to pull off scum!Robz move. I believe that much more actually
kind of reminds me of

hm, actually this looks like you looked into your role pm after the start of the game. vot: schadd, I am serious.
in terms of tone/framing; "actually" as a kind of hamfisted way to suggest he came up with the reason organically/during the post

i sort of noted it at the time but 380 does not sound to me like how town treats someone they think is gonna flip red; town wants to keep arguing with them and try to make SvS look less likely in the event of a flip; he sorta seemed content to dump the reasons and hope other people agreed & voted (see: ww saying eevee looked like "scum trying to explain their way onto a mislynch" on joseph in M96)

lalight & jake are kinda chainsawing (jake turned on me around when i started to be more confident about ll, ll claimed a jake wagon is always scum-indicative, uh, having recently come out of ZM23)

sorry, i don't have time to fix the links

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

[/size]Also TWM why are you voting me? Also schadd why are you so paniky about my one vote on you. It's almost like I found someone who is scum.

kind of reminds me of

This is definitely against the rules
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

Also Space's vote on 2.7 is from a long, long time ago. Is their opinion on 2.7 the same given the new information? I would like to hear what they think about 2.7 in the current setting.

While I do think I'm appreciating where schadd's townread is coming from, I also observe that IDP wasn't a total newbie, so I don't think it's nearly IC-able on e. Certainly as we near the deadline (or bedtime, in my case), I'd rather leave my vote there than move to you or risk a no-lynch.

I've been doing a whole big long re-read for the past almost-hour to try to get my head firmly around what's going on..

A question for you while I'm still digesting my reads, though: what's your feeling about RR now? You seemed not to like his play at all early in the game, but lately your only comment has been that you didn't like his Jake vote, even though you hadn'd commented on his Jake vote the other times.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Yes, and so presumably is quoting it! I think I've seen that error from schadd before, and I'm confident it's entirely unintentional.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

[quote author=SpaceAnemone link=topic=17134.msg688255#msg688255 date=1491954450
A question for you while I'm still digesting my reads, though: what's your feeling about RR now? You seemed not to like his play at all early in the game, but lately your only comment has been that you didn't like his Jake vote, even though you hadn'd commented on his Jake vote the other times.
[/quote]
Just gonna answer this for him so that it's actually semi-understadnbale: Check the top of this page!

Quote fail

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Yes, and so presumably is quoting it!
It takes two to commit a crime.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Who is LA?

LaLight

He's usually LL. I know he really doesn't like being called Lal, so maybe use LL rather than LA?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Just gonna answer this for him so that it's actually semi-understadnbale: Check the top of this page!

Huh? I don't see what you mean. How many posts are you set to display per page?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

25 duh. Don't tell me you're a 50 post person.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

25 duh. Don't tell me you're a 50 post person.

I'm a 50-post person. Though I was an "all" person while re-reading. Anyway, rather than cluttering the thread talking about page layout, could you please just tell me what post you're trying to point out? I absolutely have to get to bed imminently, and if there's evidence I've overlooked I'd really like to know sooner rather than later.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

rr: the bp thing was the sort of needlessly provocative and faintly anti-town thing town!rr is way more likely to do (i think the short explanation is that he gets bored and is used to a climate of being scumread & mislynched); though i do believe he knows that such a thing ought to be considered towny from him, there is no guarantee this cast of characters is going to do that (and indeed he did get a lot of negative attention for it, at least early). since then, i have continued to get a sense of the bored d1 rr that dips in and reads people based on how he already knows them (this is what i'm thinking of in specific).

rr is actually closer to the e/awaclus zone

kkrieg: still restrained, as is my read of her. depending on how much she is in fact a reflection of gkrieg's personality, though, that might just be entirely how she plays town (and probably scum as well, but still). mostly she has done a few things that would be rather unintuitive for a first-time scum performance on forum: this post in particular is just exactly how town feels there, and is the kind of emotional segue you see from experienced scum players (robz does this an asston, see end of m90) but it would be so hard to think to do unless you've seen people do it and get townread for it. a few other posts have given me this same impression.

i will now briefly be taking questions.

you, confused guy in the grody brown shirt?
Didn't see what I wanted to see.

Back to Vote: 2.7
from me? yeah, sorry. i don't know e very well. i played one game with him, as scum, and i remembered him as the guy that i didn't bother with because he enshrined himself in so many TvTs

yeah. you, in the pink house thing
3,5 hours to be precise
ah. that is different than what i thought

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile

I don't like his vote. But I don't necessarily find his vote scummy.

How do I put this? I guess I should just say that I disagree with his vote and read and wanted to share with him why I disagreed. But disagreeing with someone doesn't make them mafia.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.