Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 10: Return of the Super Awesome Flavor Names (!!!) Mafia-Town Wins!  (Read 163825 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Awaclus what's your flavor name?

This question is also directed at Space.

Pretty Bad Flavor Name.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile

Seems plausible, although it could be a scum name. I'm really itching to hammer.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

This question is also directed at Space.

My flavour name is "Decent Flavor Name". The setup post states explicitly that names are not indicative of alignment, though, so I don't think this line of inquiry is likely to go very far.

I realise there are a few more things to respond to... I'm just starting my lunch break now, so I'll get to them shortly.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

but I think you're saying you're all set to scumread me if I'm not actually Calamitas.
uh, no, this is not in fact my plan

Okay, good!

Vote: e
This is completely random, and it seems like Space is trying to get the pressure off of LaLight and onto 2.7. Space, if you respond to one thing, please respond to this

You say "completely random", but the post you're quoting is #343, and two posts earlier I had explicitly been talking about the scummy situation between e and Jake -- that was where e had said "I always defend Jake and he flips scum, so maybe if I don't defend him he will flip town?" (post #320) and then schadd had pointed out that such a scenario had never actually occurred.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

<Awaclus being off the 2.7 wagon is also towny>

Did you read my comments earlier about how that's a silly thing to attach townpoints to?

Note also that Awaclus seems to have been awarded townpoints by RR at #619 for his placement at the end of D1. However, Awaclus and I are in Europe, so the deadline was in the middle of the night for us. He disappeared at 18.50 forum time with his vote on towny-looking TWM. Really, not many people were willing to vote there, and there was no decent scum case on TWM. I seriously don't think Awaclus gets any townpoints for that. Also, Awaclus is now claiming that he's townie becasue he tunneled LL since D1, but if that's the case, why was he not pushing LL instead?

Awaclus's TWM vote came at #387, after which the voting looked like this:
schadd (2): Jake, 2.7
LL (1): kkrieg
Jake (3): RR, schadd, TWM
2.7 (1): Space
TWM (2): LL, Awaclus

He'd just accused TWM of a scumslip in the post immediately before his vote. He kept accusing TWM for a few more posts (this was around 10am forum time on the D1 deadline day), then posted once more just before 7pm forum time, where he asked TWM who "LA" was, since that was the abbreviation he'd been using for LL. After that, he disappears till D2.

Now, that disappearance isn't surprising given that 7pm forum time is midnight for me, and probably an hour later for Awaclus.

Meanwhile, I consciously left my vote on e when I went to sleep around 8pm forum time (too darn late for me, really!), which I stated at #529, when the voting looked like this:
Jake (2): RR, schadd
2.7 (4): Space, Jake, TWM, LL {L-1}
TWM (3): Awaclus, 2.7, kkrieg

It's getting towards the deadline, and getting a lynch through is pretty important. I had a decent, stated townread on TWM, and Jake is generally a silly wagon because he's easy to read in a scummy way even for people who've played with him a whole bunch. Anyway, take a look at this again, and explain to me exactly why it's less townie of me to be where I was, right at the early point on one incorrect wagon, than be Awaclus at the early point on another incorrect wagon? If Awaclus had managed to talk another townie over to TWM, we'd have been in an even worse position because TWM essentially saved us the game! That's not a "townpoints" thing in this position.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

Anyway, take a look at this again, and explain to me exactly why it's less townie of me to be where I was, right at the early point on one incorrect wagon, than be Awaclus at the early point on another incorrect wagon? If Awaclus had managed to talk another townie over to TWM, we'd have been in an even worse position because TWM essentially saved us the game! That's not a "townpoints" thing in this position.

The key is that I deflected from a town lynch while you were on one.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Anyway, take a look at this again, and explain to me exactly why it's less townie of me to be where I was, right at the early point on one incorrect wagon, than be Awaclus at the early point on another incorrect wagon? If Awaclus had managed to talk another townie over to TWM, we'd have been in an even worse position because TWM essentially saved us the game! That's not a "townpoints" thing in this position.

The key is that I deflected from a town lynch while you were on one.

And you know that we were both barely involved in the actual deadline-rush part of the lynch because of our timezones, though the need to put votes on credible lynch suspects is exactly why my vote got stuck on e in the first place when I went to sleep. There was no sensible way not to be voting for a town lynch at that point, given that at the point I called it a night, all the wagons were demonstrably on townies.

By the end of the day, you'd been voting for TWM for 11 hours, and there was no way you'd have been able to join the e wagon even though you would have wanted to, because you'd have been fast asleep. You and LL were lucky that e chose to self-hammer.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

By the end of the day, you'd been voting for TWM for 11 hours, and there was no way you'd have been able to join the e wagon even though you would have wanted to, because you'd have been fast asleep. You and LL were lucky that e chose to self-hammer.

...that's exactly why it was towny for me to be off lynch and scummy for you to be on.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Awaclus has odd hours.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I feel like SA is scum who is upset, not because they're getting lynched, but because they're getting lynched for the wrong reasons.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

Awaclus has odd hours.

He seems to have pretty normal European hours to me. Are you implying that the oddness of his hours mean he probably wasn't asleep and therefore could have chosen to pay attention to the game during the middle-of-the-night deadline and is therefore townie for not having done so? Or am I just missing your point?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Awaclus has odd hours.

He seems to have pretty normal European hours to me. Are you implying that the oddness of his hours mean he probably wasn't asleep and therefore could have chosen to pay attention to the game during the middle-of-the-night deadline and is therefore townie for not having done so? Or am I just missing your point?
Yes, that is what I'm implying. It sounds dumb now though.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile

I feel like SA is scum who is upset, not because they're getting lynched, but because they're getting lynched for the wrong reasons.

Nah, I get upset mostly when there are personal attacks on me, and that's not happened at all here.. it's probably shaping up to be the politest mislynch I've had, and I've been mislynched by gkrieg a whole bunch :-P

The thing I'm frustrated about is that you're refusing to acknowledge any of the really-not-pro-town things Awaclus has been doing. I feel like all of my points are just being ignored while you're busy making up excuses for why you want to read his behaviour as townie in spite of it all.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I feel like all of my points are just being ignored while you're busy making up excuses for why you want to read his behaviour as townie in spite of it all.

That's because your points are bs and anyone can easily tell that if they actually read me, which RR has done, instead of simply relying on your misrepresentation of what I have been doing.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

As far as my hours are concerned, you can super easily check my posting times by going to my profile and choosing "show stats". If you do, you'll find out that I post a lot around the clock, but with a decrease at around 2-7 AM, the lowest point being at 6 AM, and an increase at around 15-01. So pretty normal on average, but somewhat odd sometimes.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Vote: SA
I don't think I need to drag this out longer. If Awaclus is scum, LaLight played super good.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Final Vote Count

SpaceAnemone (2): Awaclus, Roadrunner7671
Awaclus (1): SpaceAnemone

With 3 alive it took 2 to lynch.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

SpaceAnemone was lynched! They were Decent Flavor Name, a Mafia Goon.

Town wins!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

nj guysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile

Well done townies.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

so like we mislynched twice but i'm counting this as a flawless

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss that's my first W at LyLo.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

hammerstatzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile

scum qt? wanna see why lalight did the kill
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.