Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cases where you've found it practical to reassign the player tokens  (Read 2283 times)

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile

The six from Adventurers.. +1 action/buy/coin/card, and Trashing and Ferry tokens.

I've done it on a couple of occasions:
1) When I ended up buying more of another action card, although admittedly, with better planning, I should've put it on the other action pile in the first place
2) When I ended up no longer having a use for that card in the first place

Similar deal here though, doesn't seem like it's worth spending the turn doing so in the first place (unless you have extra buys), and even then the $6 and $8 ones have to compete with Gold and Province.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Cases where you've found it practical to reassign the player tokens
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:00:14 pm »
+3

One of my favorites.... I finally got my teacher played and on the tavern mat. Then in cleanup, I drew 2 Hirelings and another terminal. So next turn I called teacher and put +1 action on Hireling so that I could play all my cards. A couple turns later, I moved the token to where I actually needed it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:01:15 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

gloures

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gloures
  • Respect: +257
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 07:31:08 pm »
+1

The ferry token gets moved around quite frequently, there were a few times where I remember moving it more than once in the same turn (though that would be unusual)...

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:48:33 pm »
+1

If you aren't moving the Ferry token around fairly regularly you're using it wrong. It pays for itself if you buy 2 of something...

Seaway moves a lot on Mission turns.

Sometimes I fuck up putting the token elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:51:45 pm by Chris is me »
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

ackmondual

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 11:27:22 pm »

One of my favorites.... I finally got my teacher played and on the tavern mat. Then in cleanup, I drew 2 Hirelings and another terminal. So next turn I called teacher and put +1 action on Hireling so that I could play all my cards. A couple turns later, I moved the token to where I actually needed it.

I've shifted a token from somewhere since I wanted to put a better one on that pile, but Teacher doesn't let you stack your Player tokens on them.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 12:56:48 am »

I've shifted a token from somewhere since I wanted to put a better one on that pile, but Teacher doesn't let you stack your Player tokens on them.

Yeah, one time I put the Ferry token on a card so I could buy a lot of copies of it so that I would have something to use Teacher on, and then when it came time to call Teacher I was like, oops.

jomini

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +768
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 03:04:01 am »
+2

Oh there have been quite a few:
1. Plan token will often swap piles if there is no other trashing and I still want to trash.
2. I need another token on that pile. Teacher moves some other token off my most common or most likely to be Tr'ed pile so I can Seaway it and end game the following turn. When things cost $0 it is absolutely clutch to get as many +buys as possible as quickly as possible. Another option is taking away +action on a Teacher/Champion board (e.g. I spiked $6 Lost Arts and put +action on Courtyard, now I want +coin on it). Getting Diadem as a prize can make +action need to be on something better.
3. Ferry is basically whenever I am massing more than one expensive thing. It is also can be a sneaky move to drop on something so it costs $1 or $0 and pile out in a single turn. Also, it can be worth it to drop the price on something so it can be massed (e.g. Hgrounds/Iw) and then to raise the price to consume it (e.g. Apprentice, Remodel).
4. Possession.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »

It is tough with Teacher because to switch between 2 piles you need to move token 1 to a third pile and then make the switch.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

ackmondual

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 11:16:50 pm »

Oh, another case I've done so was a card that penalizes you for buying things, like Swamp Hag, has its effect in play, so may as well avoid that bad effect and do what you needed to with token(s).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.