Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I just tried for 10 minutes to start a game, to no avail.  (Read 2365 times)

phoenix9797

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
I just tried for 10 minutes to start a game, to no avail.
« on: March 28, 2017, 01:42:59 pm »
+1

I don't understand the new matching system, I suspect.  I click "Good Match" and nothing happens; no one joins.  (I am not sure where I can put the settings for this.)  I try "Quick Match," and I am instantly put in a room with someone, but nothing happens.  I click "Ready," and they don't, or (in one instance) the other player was UNABLE to click "Ready," it was grayed out.

What gives?  I've been playing on there for a couple of months now, but I guess maybe I just don't understand the proper means of getting the matching to work now.  Is there a tutorial for the matching feature somewhere?

Edit: I've now had a second player tell me that they cannot click "ready."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:45:25 pm by phoenix9797 »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: I just tried for 10 minutes to start a game, to no avail.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 01:46:01 pm »
+1

What exactly are you doing?

You should just click on Quick Match and wait. There are no tables or anything involved, the game directly starts as soon as you get an opponent.

EDIT: Or not. Either they changed it on purpose and the feature isn't ready yet, or they changed something by accident because it was working the way I described earlier this morning.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:47:20 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

phoenix9797

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 01:48:19 pm »

What exactly are you doing?

You should just click on Quick Match and wait. There are no tables or anything involved, the game directly starts as soon as you get an opponent.

EDIT: Or not. Either they changed it on purpose and the feature isn't ready yet, or they changed something by accident because it was working the way I described earlier this morning.

I click "Quick Match," and I instantly get whisked to a screen that is new (today compared to yesterday and all previous days).  There is an opponent in there, and I click "Ready," but they either do nothing or report that their "Ready" button is not working.

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 02:00:22 pm »

I think that the servers are down right. I am unable to quickmatch or bot match

Edit: Spammed the ready button for 20 seconds and was able to play a game
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:25:08 pm by dedicateddan »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:59 pm »
+2

A really terrible workaround if one is very desperate to play right now: click "Ready" a whole bunch of times until you get assigned the tokyo server. The game will then load. This is easiest to do with a bot, but if you can chat with your quick match opponent and convince them to sit tight for a little while it should also work there. No guarantees from me, sometimes I had to click many many times before it loaded.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 02:25:49 pm »

A really terrible workaround if one is very desperate to play right now: click "Ready" a whole bunch of times until you get assigned the tokyo server. The game will then load. This is easiest to do with a bot, but if you can chat with your quick match opponent and convince them to sit tight for a little while it should also work there. No guarantees from me, sometimes I had to click many many times before it loaded.

So let me get this straight. They have a load-balancer, but it doesn't remove non-functioning servers from the pool?!

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 03:24:49 pm »

Currently; it's virtually impossible to start a game

psystal

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 03:39:19 pm »
+2

It seems only the Tokyo server is online.  As others have mentioned, repeated clicking of the Ready button will get you on eventually.

There's nothing I love more than paying for a subscription and not being able to access the content!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 01:27:01 am »
+1

Seems to be back to normal now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.