Miscellaneous > Other Games

Faeria

(1/3) > >>

Jorbles:
I started playing Faeria, it's similar in some ways to Hearthstone or Magic, but you build a board as you play. Anyone else play it here? It's pretty fun and free to play. There's deck building, a hex based board with land placement that's pretty interesting both strategically and tactically, mana carries over turn to turn, there's 4 different flavours of card type. There's a reasonably active, but small community online.

https://www.faeria.com/

werothegreat:
It's okay. I like the board thing, but I'm finding it hard to tell what cards I should put in my deck.

pacovf:
I played it some time ago, finished the free adventures, and played some pvp. It's fun, and the board concept is actually really clever, but I found some of the cheap high rarity cards to be too dominating (Aurora anyone?)

Jorbles:

--- Quote from: pacovf on March 28, 2017, 09:44:23 am ---I played it some time ago, finished the free adventures, and played some pvp. It's fun, and the board concept is actually really clever, but I found some of the cheap high rarity cards to be too dominating (Aurora anyone?)

--- End quote ---

The board building part of it is definitely the neatest part. On your comment of balance, I think they're still finding it and there's some nerfs/buffs to come before it gets there. I actually have only seen Aurora once so I'm not sure if she's quite as prominent as she used to be.

--- Quote from: werothegreat on March 28, 2017, 08:32:49 am ---It's okay. I like the board thing, but I'm finding it hard to tell what cards I should put in my deck.

--- End quote ---

I don't totally know the answer to this at this point, but it depends on the flavour you're going for. If controlly you probably want taunts, removal, some creatures with good stats and a few little guys to start the game and get faeria. If you're rushing you just want things that get you resources while attacking your opponent and removal/burn.

pacovf:
I really only played Green, with some shy attempts at other colours that didn't end too well (was fun, just not effective).

Seedlings are good, so are tiki caretakers and Bloomsprites for early game farming, which you should be doing since green is better the longer the game goes. Wood elementals are auto includes. Tiki totem and Overgrown tower are good if you can fit them in your deck. Deepwood Grizzly is solid, so is Wild Growth. Sagami Grovecaller wins games, simple as that.

Other than that, depends on what you want your deck to do. For example, stacking Spirits of Rebirth is brutal, but you sort of need to build a deck around their synergies. Then there's the cards that need a lot of Forests, and that will eventually win you the game just from sheer value.

Also, Dash, and especially Jump, are really strong keywords.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version