Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Temporum: Alternate Realities speculation  (Read 24160 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Temporum: Alternate Realities speculation
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 01:14:15 pm »
+1

Zombie Apocalypse seems like a really cool card.  But if you bring a zombie with you, do you move the zombie first and pay $2, or do you move first, and not pay $2?  Seems like it would play completely differently depending on your interpretation.

The zombie moves with you before you visit the zone, so you lose $2.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2017, 01:41:17 pm »
+2

Zombie Apocalypse seems like a really cool card.  But if you bring a zombie with you, do you move the zombie first and pay $2, or do you move first, and not pay $2?  Seems like it would play completely differently depending on your interpretation.

You always move before you visit. So if you are on ZA, and on your turn you move to another zone, you will bring a Zombie token with you. And then, when you visit that zone (which happens immediately after moving there), you lose .
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2017, 01:41:45 pm »

LastFootnote, why don't I see your name in the playtesters list?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2017, 02:28:53 pm »

And then, when you visit that zone (which happens immediately after moving there), you lose .

RUN, THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING

Oh no, what do they want?

TO EAT OUR MONEY
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2017, 02:36:00 pm »

LastFootnote, why don't I see your name in the playtesters list?

Well possibly it's an oversight. But more likely Donald just didn't feel that I'd done much? Looks like I only reported three test games. So, seems reasonable to me that I didn't make the credits.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2017, 10:52:47 am »
+2

I posted a Secret History. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1787711/secret-history-temporum-alternate-realities

"can't Gizmo a Gizmo"

My friend played Gizmo on Visionary on Gizmo so HA
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2017, 01:38:11 pm »

I posted a Secret History. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1787711/secret-history-temporum-alternate-realities
Nice!! :)
But what is "Pope Hat" btw? It also comes up in the expasion rules but doesn't exist as card, as far as I know...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2017, 01:40:14 pm »

But what is "Pope Hat" btw? It also comes up in the expasion rules but doesn't exist as card, as far as I know...

Ha, didn't notice that. It must be Papal Tiara.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2017, 11:59:00 pm »

Just played my first game with the expansion! 2-player against my housemate. I clinched the win by playing a Gizmo on Pilgrims, scoring a 16/7 card and a 12/6 card, using Ambassador's ability to spend $4 to advance a crown for each Pilgrims play and the Gizmo play. At first I thought I was $2 short, but then I looked over and had $2 on my Beggar. Felt good to have exactly enough money to win.

Beggar was also great for nabbing a Gizmo in the first place. I had no money of my own, so nothing for the Zombies to take. But I could use the $2 on my Beggar to buy the Gizmo.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2017, 04:27:33 am »
+1

Yes, Alayna said "Pope Hat, that should be Papal Tiara" (when working on the main set) but I never printed out a new copy for the prototype and got the name wrong in the expansion rulebook.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:29:58 am by Donald X. »

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2017, 04:40:27 am »

Yes, Alayna said "Pope Hat, that should be Papal Tiara" (when working on the main set) but I never printed out a new copy for the prototype and got the name wrong in the expansion rulebook.
Haha cool. So maybe the same like "Amazonian Europe" (which is mentioned in the zone setup examples), which should rather be "Empire of the Amazons"? ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 05:54:21 am by BlackHole »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2017, 06:28:14 am »

Haha cool. So maybe the same like "Amazonian Europe" (which is mentioned in the zone setup examples), which should rather be "Empire of the Amazonas"? ;)
Apparently I did not proofread that rulebook sufficiently.

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2017, 06:49:03 am »

Haha cool. So maybe the same like "Amazonian Europe" (which is mentioned in the zone setup examples), which should rather be "Empire of the Amazonas"? ;)
Apparently I did not proofread that rulebook sufficiently.
:D :D
Also, I see the rules for Robotic Utopia say: "you gain (crown) and advance a ". But that's all I can find ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:03:25 am by BlackHole »

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2017, 01:02:55 pm »

I played a handful of games last night.  I had some fun with the Byzantine Empire.  I wasn't really sure how to balance the profits with the fact that I don't really want that many cards--and it didn't help that I drew both Meet Younger Selfs.  At the end, I played Tactician, and then scored 17 crowns at once with a Visionary.

I noticed that Exodus lets you end the game on a tie, if multiple players have 10 crowns on Time IV and then Exodus becomes unreal.  Although, a careful reading of the instructions suggests that each player checks only their own victory condition at the end of their turn.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2017, 01:55:02 pm »

I played a handful of games last night.  I had some fun with the Byzantine Empire.  I wasn't really sure how to balance the profits with the fact that I don't really want that many cards--and it didn't help that I drew both Meet Younger Selfs.  At the end, I played Tactician, and then scored 17 crowns at once with a Visionary.

I had a similar thing with Gladiator's Gladius a couple days ago. Used both copies of it while ruling 3 Times. I found the new "secret" cards help some; because they give you another use for extra cards that don't require a separate turn to use.

I noticed that Exodus lets you end the game on a tie, if multiple players have 10 crowns on Time IV and then Exodus becomes unreal.  Although, a careful reading of the instructions suggests that each player checks only their own victory condition at the end of their turn.

Right. Pretty sure it never could matter until the expansion, but you can only win on your turn.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2017, 03:13:42 pm »

I thought Exodus's extra-crown clause was true regardless of whether Exodus was currently real. I could easily be mistaken.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2017, 04:06:57 pm »
+1

I thought Exodus's extra-crown clause was true regardless of whether Exodus was currently real. I could easily be mistaken.
It doesn't do anything unless it's real.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2017, 04:34:05 pm »

Well that certainly makes the zone more interesting.

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2017, 05:09:07 pm »
+3

More misadventures:  My boyfriend rules Capitalist Utopia, ruling all times.  So he goes to Earth United (via Anubis Statuette) and plays Cutthroat's Cutlass twice, drawing 8 cards.  My response?  Go to Earth United, and now everyone gets to play Kill Your Grandfather.

BlackHole

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2017, 04:41:36 pm »
+1

So that's also the case with Capitalist Utopia? I can't find a statement in the rulebook like this. :(

Right. Pretty sure it never could matter until the expansion, but you can only win on your turn.
It could have happend when visiting Warm Globe ;)

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2017, 06:55:42 pm »
+2

So that's also the case with Capitalist Utopia?
Yes.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2017, 10:53:19 am »

Is Beggar's money considered mine? If I run around for a while without gaining any money, does beggar keep piling up, or does he stop once he hits $4?

I assumed no, and that it can build up, but wasn't totally confident it was correct.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2017, 11:52:43 am »
+3

Is Beggar's money considered mine? If I run around for a while without gaining any money, does beggar keep piling up, or does he stop once he hits $4?

I assumed no, and that it can build up, but wasn't totally confident it was correct.
It can build up past $4. It's not "your $."

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2017, 06:15:28 pm »

I just played a game vs. a bot on LuciferousPeridot's implementation. You know what's fun? Ruling the Tibetan Empire and having a Hacker (and two Explorers). Draw 2 cards (getting $4), then I may play a card without getting $. No, I'd rather score a card without getting $, thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.