Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38  All

Author Topic: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (it ended)  (Read 96762 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (N1)
« Reply #850 on: April 11, 2017, 10:00:56 pm »

Day 4 Starts.

Vote Count 4.0

not voting (3): Joseph2302, Robz888, AndrewisFTTW

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. Day 4 ends Tuesday, April 18th at 8pm forum time.

thread had been officially unlocked after 848, just putting this here for formatting reasons
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (N3)
« Reply #851 on: April 12, 2017, 02:26:24 am »

Welp, here we are. I blame myself. Myself and gkrieg. Mostly gkrieg. (Kidding!)
Well maybe if we hadn't killed Space, this game would've been easier. She was definitely towny.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (D3)
« Reply #852 on: April 12, 2017, 02:27:12 am »

D3 Final Vote Count

SpaceAnemone (3): gkrieg13, Robz888, AndrewisFTTW
Robz888 (2): SpaceAnemone, Joseph2302

With 5 alive, it took 3 to lynch.
Oh, so you were both on the lynch? Can't get that much info from it then :-(

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (D4)
« Reply #853 on: April 12, 2017, 04:24:26 am »

That lynch was so bad.....
I'll try to post more this evening (UK time)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 12, 2017, 10:20:54 am »

Well this is quieter than expected. Andrew? What's on your mind?

I have to admit I'm pretty inclined to follow through on my original plan, which was to just lynch Joseph. Though I should probably re-read Andrew first.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: April 12, 2017, 11:02:12 am »

Sorry, super busy all day and all night last night, just woke up.

I still think Robz is town based off the Dylan lynch. I just see now reason why scum would bus his partner like that so close to the deadline when he really didn't have to. There was no guarantee that Dylan would be lynched at that point and he could have just as easily pushed my lynch. It really doesn't add up. But at the very least I owe it to Space and gkrieg to reread Robz a little bit, so I'll do that now.

Joseph's posts near deadline yesterday were pretty much all "I think Space is town" or "Space is a bad lynch". Today they're "We shouldnt've killed Space", and "That lynch was so bad". So he's trying to distance himself from the lynch but didn't really put in much effort to stop it. It looks like he's now trying to use the fact that he is the only one alive who was off the wagon to his advantage by insisting that we were wrong and that we should've listened to him.

I gotta say I'm inclined to lynch Joseph as well. But yeah, I'll reread Robz real quick.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 12, 2017, 11:10:29 am »

Well this is quieter than expected. Andrew? What's on your mind?

I have to admit I'm pretty inclined to follow through on my original plan, which was to just lynch Joseph. Though I should probably re-read Andrew first.
Please don't do that.
It would be a big mistake.

I've been useless, but I'm not scum

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 12, 2017, 11:12:05 am »

I still think Robz is town based off the Dylan lynch. I just see now reason why scum would bus his partner like that so close to the deadline when he really didn't have to. There was no guarantee that Dylan would be lynched at that point and he could have just as easily pushed my lynch. It really doesn't add up. But at the very least I owe it to Space and gkrieg to reread Robz a little bit, so I'll do that now.

Joseph's posts near deadline yesterday were pretty much all "I think Space is town" or "Space is a bad lynch". Today they're "We shouldnt've killed Space", and "That lynch was so bad". So he's trying to distance himself from the lynch but didn't really put in much effort to stop it. It looks like he's now trying to use the fact that he is the only one alive who was off the wagon to his advantage by insisting that we were wrong and that we should've listened to him.

I gotta say I'm inclined to lynch Joseph as well. But yeah, I'll reread Robz real quick.
I thought Space was town, and in that case we should've lynched one of you two yesterday, and the other one today.

I'm still confused how I've gone from being towny (IC spent most of yesterday saying I was probably town) to being the prime scum target

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (D1!)
« Reply #858 on: April 12, 2017, 11:13:18 am »

I know this is D2 but I just can't see why scum!Robz would ever do this:

I'm fine with Dylan or Andrew. It's close but I probably narrowly prefer Dylan.

I mean it's possible he would do it to distance himself from a Dylan lynch later, in which case bravo! But it's such a huge risk.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 12, 2017, 11:15:49 am »

I thought Space was town, and in that case we should've lynched one of you two yesterday, and the other one today.

I'm still confused how I've gone from being towny (IC spent most of yesterday saying I was probably town) to being the prime scum target

I didn't think you were towny. And yes we know you thought Space was town. But you didn't fight their lynch that hard IIRC which makes me think you were fine with it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 12, 2017, 11:57:41 am »

The IC was the only one who considered you towny.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 12, 2017, 12:05:50 pm »

Alright I read through D3 Robz. Didn't find much that's quotable beside him saying he's not moving his vote from Joseph, and then saying he's doubting himself about Space and places a vote on Space. I think he just understood that we needed a lynch and gkrieg wasn't budging so something had to give.

Do people really think scum tries to bus instead of defend their partners when there are only 2 of them?

From over here, it's certain that they do! And I think if you're looking at that section of the game, then Robz's actions come off the worst. He goes from me, where he's sat while being awol for most of D2, tries you, then Andrew (i.e. two probably-higher-value targets than me in terms of game experience) before briefly settling on Dylan at #559 and flitting off again at #575, coming back only to hammer when the Dylan wagon's too big to stop.

He could've stayed on Andrew and I think he could've gotten the lynch to go through.

You and Robz are the only two people who were voting Andrew in the later parts of D2. Earlier on, Joseph had been the only person on his wagon. I quite possibly would have liked to vote for him, but I was totally signal-less by the end, so I certainly wasn't able to move.

I addressed this here and elsewhere:

I think what makes Robz town is after Jake softclaims. Robz was voting me previously but after Jake softclaims he moves to Dylan. There was absolutely no reason for him to switch to his partner there. Yeah he went back and voted me, but why even plant the seed of lynching his partner that late in the day when we almost lynched like three people?

And here's Space's case that I briefly responded too but it was like 2 minutes to deadline so I couldn't give it solid answers at the time.

Thing 1: Unannounced L-1 on PPS.

I don't think this is particularly scummy, as I think we both did this this game as well. But even so, it's not something scum!Robz would intentionally do D1 under any circumstance.

Thing 2: Reason for wanting to hammer PPS is that PPS admitted to being scum, i.e. a really flimsy reason.

All the votes were flimsy. This is why I've had trouble picking anything out from D1 every time I go back to reread it, I don't know what I can take seriously because there was no real case on pps.

Thing 3: Total mischaracterization of my play in D1 multiple times (#249, #290) in order to get a scumread on me and vote.

Well I think Robz just misread your tone. It could very easily be taken as you sarcastically arguing against the lynch but I think all you were doing was asking Jake a couple questions because you were curious of his answers. If you're suggesting he intentionally took your questions to mean you were against the wagon then yeah, I could see that. But I think it's much more likely he just misread. I think we all probably did.

Thing 4: Refusal to engage with the claiming thing gkrieg and I had been pushing. That's scummy because if he'd later wanted to come out as a PR, this sort of exercise really narrows his options and makes faking much more difficult. I think there's also some psychology at work showing himself as being more of a leader if he refuses to go along with pack consensus. Note that he calls it a "silly exercise", but said nothing against it earlier to imply he thought it was unwise for town to pursue.

Ok now that I have time to process this yes I can see where you're coming from. Robz only comments on this whole thing after the fact, and if he fakeclaimed there would be nothing for him to contradict. But if he did fakeclaim we would still ask him for results. This is a moot point anyway because we now know the setup and he didn't fakeclaim which means he didn't abstain from the exercise for the sole purpose of fakeclaiming. I don't buy the whole psychology thing you point out as well. Again I see where you're coming from but he didn't try to capitalize on it after that point, so again it's a moot point.

Thing 5: He makes only one post from #312 and #522. At #522 he's keen not to be replaced, since gkrieg and I have been proposing replacement. My reason for that was that PoE was getting really hard when there's a completely unreadable player. He comes back into the game completely changing his mind (not necessarily scummy, because so much has happened), and guns instead for gkrieg and Andrew.

I don't find anything particularly scummy about this play. As I said earlier I think he got caught up and posted his thoughts. I don't think there's much more to it than that.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 12, 2017, 12:41:49 pm »

Yeah I'm still pretty sold on Joseph. What do you think Robz?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 12, 2017, 12:46:27 pm »

I don't know if I'm sold at all, I'm getting some scum vibes from you... but I'm going to hate myself too much if scum!Joseph wins because I ignored my gut two days in a row.

Vote: Joseph

I will not be very surprised if this is the game losing move, by the way.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 12, 2017, 12:47:56 pm »

Unvote

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 12, 2017, 12:48:29 pm »

Gosh am I nervous about this.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 12, 2017, 12:52:10 pm »

I don't know if I'm sold at all, I'm getting some scum vibes from you... but I'm going to hate myself too much if scum!Joseph wins because I ignored my gut two days in a row.

It's likely to be. But we'll see if Andrew hammers straight away or not

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2017, 12:52:51 pm »

So you think I'm scum Joseph? Or Robz?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 12, 2017, 12:54:42 pm »

Joseph is putting in so little effort, I worry he's exactly what he appears: uninterested townie.

But scum can fake being uninterested townie. In a way, it's the easiest thing to do.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 12, 2017, 12:56:48 pm »

Vote: Joseph again

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:16 pm »

Unvote

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »

Maybe we could do it this way... why don't you vote first, Andrew. You seem more sure of me being town than I am of you (no offense).

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 12, 2017, 01:13:54 pm »

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 12, 2017, 01:20:01 pm »

It's likely to be. But we'll see if Andrew hammers straight away or not

Why would I not immediately hammer if I was scum?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 12, 2017, 01:28:47 pm »

I'm not hammering, consciously here, so you know I'm town.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.