Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38  All

Author Topic: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (it ended)  (Read 96555 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (lesgo!)
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »

i will start this a few hours earlier since everyone has confirmed & i'll be around
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2017, 06:50:12 pm »

alrighty, ragtag bunch of loyal media purifiers, this is what you've all been training for. of all the various acts of sedition and filth and smash mouth that rapscallions have thrust hatefully unto society, we are encountering the worst thing ever: someone has edited a picture of the queen of gtiudria so as to suggest that she endorses the east-enn movement. HERESY! not that we have anything in particular against the enns, but we will not have the queen of our puppet nation be defamed like that. anyway, now that i've surely activated your secondary patriotism bladders, i have something important to tell you: the aforementioned rapscallions have rapsc-infiltrated the very force that has set out to bring their demise: us, the noble censors, espionage quenchers, vulgarity janitors. and if they manage to succeed, who knows what would happen next? billboards will be disfigured, political leaders will be misquoted in mass media, the FourChanimal might even be set out of its cage.

out of the 9 of you, 2 are aligned with this evil. you know what to do; break out your weird and cryptic investigative equipment, and start bathroom hacking.

may Moderatreion serve all of you, and good luck.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2017, 06:55:13 pm »

Day 1 starts!

Vote Count 1.0

not voting (9): pingpongsam, Joseph2302, JaketheBaseballGod22, Robz888, Dylan32, gkrieg13, LaLight, SpaceAnemone, AndrewisFTTW.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 starts now and ends Tuesday, March 28th at 5pm forum time.

thread unlocked

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »

vote: SA

Will post setup stuff later.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2017, 07:00:23 pm »

I'm the SK
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2017, 07:07:00 pm »

vote: Joseph

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2017, 07:34:17 pm »

Vote: PPS
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:06 pm »

Is it later yet? I'm about to go to bed, but hopefully by the time I'm awake again, you and LL will have posted lots of lovely setup thoughts. Shame there's no Calamitas this game to want to talk about setup theory. At least there's still PPS, though!

My personal pre-game thoughts were limited to hoping not to be scum in the compulsive visitor setup, since that sounded like a tough one. The dayvig one is a neat concept, and would make us a convenient IC if it happens... all my Werewolf experience prior to coming to f.ds to play mafia was with dayvigs, but we tended to put in one of each alignment precisely to prevent the IC-ification thing.

Also: no vote for WW?? :o
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2017, 07:57:44 pm »

Is it later yet? I'm about to go to bed, but hopefully by the time I'm awake again, you and LL will have posted lots of lovely setup thoughts. Shame there's no Calamitas this game to want to talk about setup theory. At least there's still PPS, though!

My personal pre-game thoughts were limited to hoping not to be scum in the compulsive visitor setup, since that sounded like a tough one. The dayvig one is a neat concept, and would make us a convenient IC if it happens... all my Werewolf experience prior to coming to f.ds to play mafia was with dayvigs, but we tended to put in one of each alignment precisely to prevent the IC-ification thing.

Sorry I'm not in the same time zone anymore so just getting off of work now.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2017, 08:24:42 pm »

Agreed. So glad I finally drew scum. Now I can finally get a correct scum lynch.

You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 08:29:38 pm »

Apparently it's day 1 in the M97 zone. Cool. Nap time!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2017, 08:30:25 pm »

Almost forgot!

vote: Steely Dan

Kay Bai!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2017, 08:43:57 pm »

Ok, so I stopped voting for WW every RVS because someone says it's boring and apparently I'm self-conscious.

So, I think I have a scheme for the rolecop to be able to claim his results every day, but so that he is also able to hide.  This is important if the rolecop dies, people will be able to look at his results.  So, for this to work, at the beginning of every day, each person posts something to the effect of "if I were a rolecop, I would've investigated [person] and gotten [result]".  This way, scum can't know for sure who the rolecop is, but even if they die, their results will be meaningful.

I also talked in the setup QT about how the rolecop should claim in 50% of the setups because it is a little bit like follow-the-cop.  In the last two setups this is true.  In the first two setups, there is enough going on that it is probably better for the rolecop to stay silent, but maybe not enough to not claim.  What do people think about that?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 09:14:47 pm »

Ok, so I stopped voting for WW every RVS because someone says it's boring and apparently I'm self-conscious.

So, I think I have a scheme for the rolecop to be able to claim his results every day, but so that he is also able to hide.  This is important if the rolecop dies, people will be able to look at his results.  So, for this to work, at the beginning of every day, each person posts something to the effect of "if I were a rolecop, I would've investigated [person] and gotten [result]".  This way, scum can't know for sure who the rolecop is, but even if they die, their results will be meaningful.

I also talked in the setup QT about how the rolecop should claim in 50% of the setups because it is a little bit like follow-the-cop.  In the last two setups this is true.  In the first two setups, there is enough going on that it is probably better for the rolecop to stay silent, but maybe not enough to not claim.  What do people think about that?

I think you clearly read the setup.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 09:20:54 pm »

I think you clearly read the setup.

I helped design the setup!

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 09:22:05 pm »

Interesting. That could work.

To your 50% claim comment: One confounding problem I noticed is that in setups with a cop, one of the cases with a doctor and one without it also include at least 1 scum roleblocker, so by claiming immediately, there would be a 25% chance the cop just dies if it is the one without doc or roleblocker, 25% chance of scum being able to choose whether they want to kill or roleblock the cop, 25% chance the cop gets roleblocked every night while scum doctor hunts at night, and only a 25% chance of follow-the-cop working well the first two nights if I'm not mistaken.

PPE 1
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2017, 09:24:34 pm »

Which is to say that there's only 1 in 4 odds of a cop claim being a good idea.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2017, 09:43:06 pm »

Townread on LL.

vote: LL

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2017, 09:44:23 pm »

Oh sorry, we're discussing important things now. Uhhh.... yeah. Rolecop and such.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2017, 09:50:05 pm »

In setup 5 and setup 6 it is good for them to claim. In the other two, it isn't awful

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2017, 09:57:37 pm »

In setup 5 and setup 6 it is good for them to claim. In the other two, it isn't awful

Definitely in 5 & 6. I can't really see how claiming in 2 or 3 would be good for town. You've obviously thought this through, care to explain?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2017, 10:31:04 pm »

Definitely in 5 & 6. I can't really see how claiming in 2 or 3 would be good for town. You've obviously thought this through, care to explain?

My question is: is it worth it for the rolecop to claim.  Does the goodness of 5 and 6 outweigh the downsides of 2 and 3?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2017, 10:47:52 pm »

My question is: is it worth it for the rolecop to claim.  Does the goodness of 5 and 6 outweigh the downsides of 2 and 3?

I say no. 6 would be better than 5 I think. If the Rolecop claims and doesn't catch scum in two days we pretty much don't have PRs D3. In 6 the Watcher (and thus the claimed Rolecop) could potentially survive the whole game, though ambitious scum could choose to sacrifice themself at some point. Probably a bad idea for scum though. So really 6 is the only scenario in which claiming Rolecop would really pay off.

And

vote: gkrieg

For not providing an opinion on his own question.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2017, 10:49:50 pm »

If we are in 6, scum would just kill the cop immediately wouldn't they? So is 6 actually good for us?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2017, 10:55:42 pm »

If we are in 6, scum would just kill the cop immediately wouldn't they? So is 6 actually good for us?

The Watcher would target the Rolecop every night. Thus if scum killed the Rolecop he would subsequently be lynched. But since there's a 1/7 chance of even hitting 6 which brings us back to gkrieg's question of is it worth taking that chance? I don't think so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.