Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Revolution  (Read 37598 times)

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Revolution
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2020, 07:54:10 am »

Card costs
Instead of or as well as a coin symbol, some of these cards have a card back where the cost is. It means that instead of or as well as $, your cards are involved in the cost. They can be anywhere, so long as you own them. Below the line, there will be a description of the cost.
You might think of Animal Fair having the option of an Action in hand as a cost. It's an option, card costs are not.

So to buy a Campsite, I can just fish two Victory cards out of my deck and/or discard pile, reveal them and discard them? Sure looks that way.
Ah, whoops that is unclear. The bit you bolded is just there to say in theory a card cost could include your cards in play ($0 cost Grand Market would be a card cost), or the number of cards in your deck. If one wanted to make such a buy condition it would be possible. It would be a bit weird, not much of an actual expense, but doable. I'll change the OP to say this.

So 'reveal and discard 2 Victories' is not specifying where to discard from because it's from hand, to follow the official way of writing instructions, and revealing them because of accountability.
Would 'discard 2 Victories, revealed' be clearer?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Revolution
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2020, 11:59:24 am »

Yes, that would be clearer, and in fact that's why several published cards say that. Discarding is from hand by default, but revealing is not. So it either has to be "discard cards, [revealed | revealing them]" or "reveal then discard cards from your hand".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.779 seconds with 20 queries.