Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: How to get 2nd edition except for Dominion and Intrigue  (Read 22264 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
Re: How to get 2nd edition except for Dominion and Intrigue
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 03:55:07 pm »
+1

When did Adventures 2nd edition come out?

Edit: The rulebook is not on Rio Grande's page yet.
Edit2: Nor the Seaside rulebook.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:13:18 pm by Jeebus »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 04:25:14 pm »
+2

When did Adventures 2nd edition come out?

Edit: The rulebook is not on Rio Grande's page yet.
Edit2: Nor the Seaside rulebook.
A month ago, though it only goes out as distributors ask for it.

I will remind Jay about those rulebooks.

Oyvind

• Golem
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 09:59:05 pm »
+1

Where in the wiki did you find this information? I just found out that Prosperity is in 2nd edition. I maintain complete rules document on BGG, so I want to know which sets are out in 2nd editions.

I see that you are Norwegian like me (although I live in Mexico now). :) I'm not a completist like you, although I'm somewhat jealous. It would be nice to have new editions of all the cards, especially Outpost, Masquerade etc. I only bought the base game 2nd edition, and the Intrigue update pack.

I was just in Norway and organized the Dominion Norwegian championships (at Arcon). The last time I organized it, 4 years ago, there were 30 participants, but this year it was sadly only 9. (Maybe because of a huge number of competing events and/or a later time slot...) I guess you couldn't make it? Maybe you're not in Oslo.

We met briefly, actually! I was the guy with that big suitcase containing the complete Dominion collection in Vennerød's room. I couldn't join the tournament, as I was there with my three sons, and the timing of the qualifying event wasn't exactly ideal for small children. I'd love to join next time, though.

The information was found on the 'Second edition' page of the wiki. Now, it says that both Seaside and Adventures are 2e (along with Dominion, Intrigue, Prosperity and Hinterlands), so after the announced Dark Ages update, only the three small expansions, Base Cards and the promo cards will 'need' an update. I hope we'll see an updated Base Cards product as well? If not, I'll have to buy yet another base set (sigh)...

About the promo cards: The wiki stated that these were updated, but when I couldn't find any updated versions on BGG, I contacted RGG. They confirmed that no promos had yet been updated, and that they may never be updated. I updated the wiki, but now the 'Second edition' page says that there have been proofs of 2e promos. Can anyone in the know explain this?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2017, 01:07:33 am »

The information was found on the 'Second edition' page of the wiki. Now, it says that both Seaside and Adventures are 2e (along with Dominion, Intrigue, Prosperity and Hinterlands), so after the announced Dark Ages update, only the three small expansions, Base Cards and the promo cards will 'need' an update. I hope we'll see an updated Base Cards product as well? If not, I'll have to buy yet another base set (sigh)...

About the promo cards: The wiki stated that these were updated, but when I couldn't find any updated versions on BGG, I contacted RGG. They confirmed that no promos had yet been updated, and that they may never be updated. I updated the wiki, but now the 'Second edition' page says that there have been proofs of 2e promos. Can anyone in the know explain this?
Someday there will be an updated Base Cards.

The promos were printed in updated forms. I have them all, and scanned them for the wiki. I certainly expect they will go out at some point if they haven't yet.

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2017, 07:23:02 am »

Someday there will be an updated Base Cards.

The promos were printed in updated forms. I have them all, and scanned them for the wiki. I certainly expect they will go out at some point if they haven't yet.

Ah, these are so good news! Thanks a lot for sharing! I checked BGG as lately as yesterday, and only the original versions are available at the moment, so we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

I'm really looking forward to news on Nocturne! Is it expected to be released at Spiel in Essen? You may not be able to answer this, and if so, sorry for asking.

Thanks a lot for making the best game in the world!

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2017, 07:43:51 am »

We met briefly, actually! I was the guy with that big suitcase containing the complete Dominion collection in Vennerød's room. I couldn't join the tournament, as I was there with my three sons, and the timing of the qualifying event wasn't exactly ideal for small children. I'd love to join next time, though.

Ah, it was you!
Next year I probably will not be in Norway at that time.

Regarding the promos: I ordered Envoy and Prince from BGG in May, and was happy to discover that I got the 2nd edition Envoy.

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2017, 08:13:31 am »

Ah, it was you!
Next year I probably will not be in Norway at that time.

Regarding the promos: I ordered Envoy and Prince from BGG in May, and was happy to discover that I got the 2nd edition Envoy.

I'll talk to Knut. Maybe I can arrange it next year in your absence?

Good to know about the Envoy! I'll send BGG a message and ask them to update their pictures in the store, so that I'll be able to buy the ones that are updated. I guess they just used the same pictures when they got new ones in.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 12:15:57 pm »

Ah, these are so good news! Thanks a lot for sharing! I checked BGG as lately as yesterday, and only the original versions are available at the moment, so we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
I'm sure it's just down to when supplies run out, though if they think they're out and then find some more they could switch back.

At BGG they understand that people care about this stuff, but I think if you ask them to update the image the best you will get is them immediately updating it though they're still sending out some old ones. I would not expect them to time it. Or for that matter to drop the old image when adding the new one, I mean why not have that record.

I'm really looking forward to news on Nocturne! Is it expected to be released at Spiel in Essen? You may not be able to answer this, and if so, sorry for asking.
English copies probably won't be at Essen but we don't know for sure yet, it's down to when it gets printed and whatever entities that bring stuff to Essen on planes. It will not be out in German this year.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2017, 10:39:54 pm »

The Recommended Kingdom Gummed Up (Seaside & Alchemy) is missing two cards, from Seaside, it seems.  There are only 8 cards here.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 01:08:56 am »
+4

The Recommended Kingdom Gummed Up (Seaside & Alchemy) is missing two cards, from Seaside, it seems.  There are only 8 cards here.
Thanks, my mistake. And then we didn't catch it because you start reading recommended kingdoms and your eyes glaze over.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 08:05:52 am »

Thanks, my mistake. And then we didn't catch it because you start reading recommended kingdoms and your eyes glaze over.

What are the other 2 cards supposed to be?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 03:43:42 pm »

What are the other 2 cards supposed to be?
I couldn't find a file with all the sets of 10 other than the rulebook itself, and they aren't in the rulebook. It's possible I just never picked them out. I told Jay to add Smugglers and Haven.

sonotoridesu

• Swindler
  • Shuffle iT Username: sonotoridesu
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 07:37:36 pm »

Is the version of Dark Ages sold on Amazon right now 2nd ed? I noticed that it's been out of stock for a while and suddenly returned.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2017, 07:39:33 pm »
+1

Is the version of Dark Ages sold on Amazon right now 2nd ed? I noticed that it's been out of stock for a while and suddenly returned.
The new edition of Dark Ages has been sent to distributors, but I have no way of knowing for sure what you'll get if you buy it somewhere without checking the back of the box.

sonotoridesu

• Swindler
  • Shuffle iT Username: sonotoridesu
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2017, 09:10:19 pm »

The new edition of Dark Ages has been sent to distributors, but I have no way of knowing for sure what you'll get if you buy it somewhere without checking the back of the box.
Thank you.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2017, 10:02:43 pm »

I went through the new Dark Ages rulebook, and I'm sorry to report that one mistake has not been fixed. Under Hermit, it says:

If Hermit is not discarded from play during Clean-up - for example, if you put it on your deck with Scheme (from Hinterlands) - then the ability that trashes it will not trigger.

Actually it's discarded in any case. Then you can Scheme it and not trash it (lose-track) and gain a Madman.

Scoobie

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2017, 05:23:11 pm »

Just received Dark Ages from Amazon and it is Second Edition. It refers to first edition of Intrigue on the back. Hopefully they don't sneak out any first editions they may have laying around.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 11:48:10 am »

I notice the new Dame Anna says "You may trash up to 2 cards from your hand." Is this a mistake or was it left for clarity?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2017, 12:29:26 pm »
+1

I notice the new Dame Anna says "You may trash up to 2 cards from your hand." Is this a mistake or was it left for clarity?

I like the "may" for added clarity, even though it's redundant. I've seen people ask before if "up to" includes 0. But I'm surprised Chapel didn't get that same wording in 2nd edition.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 01:03:41 pm »

I like the "may" for added clarity, even though it's redundant. I've seen people ask before if "up to" includes 0. But I'm surprised Chapel didn't get that same wording in 2nd edition.
Well, that's my main problem: it's inconsistent. It just makes Chapel more confusing even if Dame Anna is less confusing.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2017, 04:00:18 pm »
+1

I have no memory of this case and probably just didn't consider it.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 04:42:59 pm »
+1

Chapel: 3rd Edition.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2017, 12:00:29 pm »
+2

I think I suggested it. And it's purposefully inconsistent. You often play Dame Anna without wanting to trash your cards, so the question comes up constantly. You very rarely play a Chapel to trash zero cards.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2017, 01:02:29 pm »

I think I suggested it. And it's purposefully inconsistent. You often play Dame Anna without wanting to trash your cards, so the question comes up constantly. You very rarely play a Chapel to trash zero cards.

I seem to remember the question coming up with Chapel more than once... but it was most often from people just curious about the rules rather than people who were in a situation where they wanted to play Chapel without trashing cards.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2017, 01:05:14 pm »

I agree that it's good on Dame Anna, but would also have been welcome on Chapel. I just recently played a game IRL with a newbie who didn't realize he could play the Chapel just to increase the value of Horn of Plenty.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.