Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How to get 2nd edition except for Dominion and Intrigue  (Read 3084 times)

crj

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +284
    • View Profile
Re: How to get 2nd edition except for Dominion and Intrigue
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2017, 11:20:31 pm »
+2

You very rarely play a Chapel to trash zero cards.
Hmm. I must be strange. I've many times played a Chapel to cost-reduce Peddler. I've also Princed a Chapel to good effect in a Mountebank game.

I've also owned Chapels in a game with Herald, though I don't recall if I was ever forced to play Chapel then chose not to trash anything.

It seems to crop up surprisingly often.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6911
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2017, 08:36:37 pm »
+1

You very rarely play a Chapel to trash zero cards.
Hmm. I must be strange. I've many times played a Chapel to cost-reduce Peddler. I've also Princed a Chapel to good effect in a Mountebank game.

I've also owned Chapels in a game with Herald, though I don't recall if I was ever forced to play Chapel then chose not to trash anything.

It seems to crop up surprisingly often.

I think by "you", he meant the average new payer who isn't going to be doing any of the things you just mentioned. And by "rarely" he meant in comparison to how often you would want to play a Knight just for the attack. You "very rarely" want to buy Curses or Coppers, but most of the people on this forum have played numerous games where we have done so.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

crj

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +284
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2017, 08:20:07 am »
+2

I've played Chapel to trash nothing way more often than I've bought a Curse.

Admittedly, that's because I've only played Defiled Shrine once, and my normal policy is to let someone else lose tempo by buying the first Curse in an Ambassador game. (-8

Chappy7

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +82
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2017, 02:42:20 pm »

I think "up to 4" Pretty clearly includes 0,1,2,3,4. I thought that from day one of playing dominion. (Although admittedly it really didn't ever matter to me until I'd already played lots of dominion)
It might as well say "Trash fewer than 5 cards"

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6911
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2017, 02:48:57 pm »
+2

I think "up to 4" Pretty clearly includes 0,1,2,3,4. I thought that from day one of playing dominion. (Although admittedly it really didn't ever matter to me until I'd already played lots of dominion)
It might as well say "Trash fewer than 5 cards"

Chose one: Trash 0 cards from your hand; or trash 1 card from your hand; or trash 2 cards from your hand; or trash 3 cards from your hand; or trash 4 cards from your hand.

But while I agree that "up to" should clearly include 0; that doesn't stop other people from being confused. "Play an action card from your hand twice" clearly means... "play an action card from your hand twice", yet people still get confused and ask what happens if Throne Room a Throne Room.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:50:40 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.