Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: adding tie option?  (Read 2136 times)

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
adding tie option?
« on: March 06, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »
+2

Hi, today I got into infinite game that would be tie. So I wonder if one could add option to make tie there.

It was possession-donate mirror, we both donated for quick possessions, then got about two possessions and village, then donated again to trash all treasures. With debt nobody could afford anything. If one player had some economy then second would win  by multiple possessions so it was best strategy there.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: adding tie option?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 03:31:06 pm »
+3

There's already an official ruling for this; both players must play until one of them starves to death.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 04:43:28 pm »

There's already an official ruling for this; both players must play until one of them starves to death.

Please remember that you are allowed to concede at any point.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 04:46:25 pm »
+3

Does that end the game for the other player, though? I don't think it would. Probably the game continues until both players starve to death. In an abstract sense it may even continue after that.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 07:03:04 pm »
+1

Does that end the game for the other player, though? I don't think it would. Probably the game continues until both players starve to death. In an abstract sense it may even continue after that.

I think it's generally considered that if a player cannot finish a game, they automatically resign.  Someone starving to death is definitely not being able to finish.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:39:21 am »
+1

I think it's generally considered that if a player cannot finish a game, they automatically resign.  Someone starving to death is definitely not being able to finish.

But their opponent has to wait 5 minutes (or whatever is the timer for automatic resignation) first.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 09:44:45 am »
+1

But their opponent has to wait 5 minutes (or whatever is the timer for automatic resignation) first.

A common trick: You starve, your opponent thinks they won, they leave the table, but in reality they resign! You sure showed them.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.