Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Where to buy blank cards?  (Read 4404 times)

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
Where to buy blank cards?
« on: March 05, 2017, 08:15:03 pm »

Hello friends,

Quick question: where do you all buy additional blank cards?  I remember seeing sets of ten (with a randomizer) on BGG's store for a few dollars a set, but I can't seem to find them there anymore...did BGG stop selling them?  Any other good places to buy sets of blank cards?  I do have some that came with several of the expansions I already, but would love to get some more.  I'm in the US, in case it matters. 

Thanks!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy blank cards?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:43:18 pm »
+1

I'm not sure what you want the blank cards for, but if sleeve your cards and you want the blanks to proxy up fan cards, you're better off buying a copy of Dominion: Base Cards. Then you can use them (or your old Treasure/Victory/Curse cards if you have the old ones without art) as proxies. It's way cheaper than buying sets of 10 blanks on BGG (if they even sell them anymore). You won't get blue-backed cards this way, but that's really the only downside.

EDIT: The reason I suggest this is because it gives you the most cards for your dollars. It has 250 cards and costs $19 on Amazon. You might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:45:09 pm by LastFootnote »

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:37:30 pm »

I've made my own blanks by de-inking base cards. Its kind of time consuming but its a lot cheaper than buying them for $3 a pack or whatever they were.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 07:18:17 am »

I was thinking the same thing. If you really want to be cost-effective, get Dark Ages. It gives you the best value for money of any set.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 11:14:06 am »

I was thinking the same thing. If you really want to be cost-effective, get Dark Ages. It gives you the best value for money of any set.

Dark Ages is 500 cards for $~45, vs 250 cards for ~$18 with the Base Cards box. It isn't super close, Base Cards are the Best Buy here.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

DooWopDJ

• Golem
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 01:32:39 pm »

Dark Ages is 500 cards for $~45, vs 250 cards for ~$18 with the Base Cards box. It isn't super close, Base Cards are the Best Buy here.

It is disappointing that buying the base cards is our 'best buy'.  I would think that the supplier would have a 'bulk' option for the blank cards.  As I have determine the best option to playtest, is to use the base cards as the 'support' for my 'playtest' cards (printed on standard paper inside sleeves).

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 05:28:08 pm »

Boardgamegeek.com might still have them 3$ a pack of course you have buy 2 packs at a time. I use to buy them there, however about a year ago was my last try but the website wouldn’t except my card anymore. So who knows if it will work for you or not. If they still have them of course. And if they don’t it will be expensive, but I think seaside and hinterlands have the most blank cards. You can always buy them again keep the blank cards and sell the expansions to a friend for like a 5$ discount.

They still seem to be there. I typed in dominion blank cards on google and found them quite easily.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:31:08 pm by ClouduHieh »

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 08:59:34 am »
+1

It is disappointing that buying the base cards is our 'best buy'.  I would think that the supplier would have a 'bulk' option for the blank cards.  As I have determine the best option to playtest, is to use the base cards as the 'support' for my 'playtest' cards (printed on standard paper inside sleeves).

I don't see why a supplier would stock bulk quantities of blank cards. It's not as if production cards are printed on already-cut card blanks or anything like that.

bug me on discord

they/them

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 10:34:35 am »

Board game geek seems to have a bulk of blank dominion cards, you can even buy the promos separately. Did they have an exclusive deal with rio grande games? Or something. There the only ones that seem to be selling them, there even pre packaged. For the blank cards to be packaged wouldn’t you need a small factory.

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 12:34:51 pm »

Board game geek seems to have a bulk of blank dominion cards, you can even buy the promos separately. Did they have an exclusive deal with rio grande games? Or something. There the only ones that seem to be selling them, there even pre packaged. For the blank cards to be packaged wouldn’t you need a small factory.

They just come in a clear plastic sleeve, similar shape to a trading card booster pack. Don't really need a factory for that, just a heat crimper and a roll of plastic.

bug me on discord

they/them

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
  • Respect: +134
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 12:49:21 pm »

My understanding is that Board Game Geek did have an exclusive deal at one point; along with promos, this was Donald X's way of supporting the site.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.