Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 185858 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #950 on: February 07, 2018, 11:00:42 am »

-silverspawn went blue, tried to use weak visitor, and claims he was blocked.  It would be difficult to manufacture this because blue has 2 energy, and I think Haddock tried to weak visit as well.  So, the only scenario where scum didn't block blue is where both silver and haddock are lying.
-Haddock, I just talked about.
It is also to be pointed out that we have nothing but sliver's and Haddock's words that they went to blue. Scum would know that blue was blocked and safe to fakeclaim.
I mean, yes sure...but in that case it just means that more scum went red, not less.  My whole point was that scum went red to block blue and block cop, which means at least 2 scum went red.  If you're arguing that these guys might have gone red, and then some other scum went blue, it doesn't really change things because all the "went red" players (except gkrieg), are just players that didn't bother to claim.
Well, scum would know they'd end up looking rather scummy going to red, so naturally they would be more prone to lie about it. Then if that just leaves the townies who won't lie and happened to also go to red, then that's not exactly a brilliant outcome.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 07, 2018, 12:16:31 pm »

Vote: Gkrieg L-1

Gkrieg is the least present of the people in the top half. So that seems like a good choice.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 07, 2018, 12:20:00 pm »

Gkrieg is the least present of the people in the top half. So that seems like a good choice.

How does this make sense?

Haven't had time to catch up. I'm not scum.  If the case on me is just that I was in the top half of the draft and on the wagon yesterday, those are pretty crappy reasons.  Of the votes on me, the ones from LaLight and iguana look the scummiest.  No real reasoning, and very lazy votes.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 07, 2018, 12:20:25 pm »

unvote

With this many scums around, there's no need to do something stupid.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 07, 2018, 12:20:42 pm »

Haven't had time to catch up. I'm not scum.  If the case on me is just that I was in the top half of the draft and on the wagon yesterday, those are pretty crappy reasons.  Of the votes on me, the ones from LaLight and iguana look the scummiest.  No real reasoning, and very lazy votes.
What did you do tonight?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 07, 2018, 12:24:19 pm »

What did you do tonight?

Did not take a first action, moved redwards, used the lift.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 07, 2018, 01:15:01 pm »

-silverspawn went blue, tried to use weak visitor, and claims he was blocked.  It would be difficult to manufacture this because blue has 2 energy, and I think Haddock tried to weak visit as well.  So, the only scenario where scum didn't block blue is where both silver and haddock are lying.
-Haddock, I just talked about.
It is also to be pointed out that we have nothing but sliver's and Haddock's words that they went to blue. Scum would know that blue was blocked and safe to fakeclaim.
I mean, yes sure...but in that case it just means that more scum went red, not less.  My whole point was that scum went red to block blue and block cop, which means at least 2 scum went red.  If you're arguing that these guys might have gone red, and then some other scum went blue, it doesn't really change things because all the "went red" players (except gkrieg), are just players that didn't bother to claim.
Well, scum would know they'd end up looking rather scummy going to red, so naturally they would be more prone to lie about it. Then if that just leaves the townies who won't lie and happened to also go to red, then that's not exactly a brilliant outcome.
I don't agree that they'd necessarily know this

This is exactly why I wanted colours claimed before we had too much discussion.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 07, 2018, 01:40:29 pm »

What did you do tonight?

What? Why would you waste an action?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 07, 2018, 03:19:23 pm »

What did you do tonight?

Why not? Saving cards is good if you have nothing efficient to do. And taking lifts when you don't need to is inefficient.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 07, 2018, 03:21:27 pm »

What did you do tonight?

Why not? Saving cards is good if you have nothing efficient to do. And taking lifts when you don't need to is inefficient.
I was actually looking forward to hearing gkrieg's reply.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: February 07, 2018, 03:52:43 pm »

What did you do tonight?

I just wanted to get down to the bottom level, and also didn't want to ruin everyone else's plans.  I figured there would be more congestion at the central lift, and since I couldn't go blueward, I figured going red and using the lift would be the best choice, that would help other people get down the lift.  I had a couple of other reasons that I would rather not say.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 07, 2018, 03:57:48 pm »

It looks like my actions didn't do anything apparently, but I had a very poor choice of cards to play. I refilled the central pool

PPE: 1 (not only me apparently)
One of you is lying obviously... only one of you could have used the lift in phase 2. Unless there is like a lot of people that tried using the lift.
More than 1 person can use a lift in the same phase (every 4 people can use a lift).  I'm not sure why you say "unless a lot of people tried using the lift".  What does people trying to use the lift have to do with it?
Err... for 2 people to successfully use the same lift in the same phase, there need to be 3 more people who tried and failed to use that lift... is that not correct?
I wrote a big post on how we should coordinate lift usage based on the same misunderstanding on day1, before i double checked and realized it didn't work that way...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 07, 2018, 04:03:06 pm »

This is all very chaotic, but i guess that's to be expected.

My scum read on faust is waning. But I'm not sure why.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 07, 2018, 04:04:00 pm »

Is there any reason why we shouldn't lynch Awaclus except that he also does anti town play as town?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 07, 2018, 04:10:43 pm »

Is there any reason why we shouldn't lynch Awaclus except that he also does anti town play as town?

Not that I can think of
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 07, 2018, 04:55:27 pm »

I worry that we will just take that as the defualt and don't...

eh what the hell. He's in the top half. vote: awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #966 on: February 07, 2018, 06:15:06 pm »

Is there any reason why we shouldn't lynch Awaclus

I have been playing super pro-town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 07, 2018, 07:38:07 pm »

I took two unsuccessful actions and moved bluewards by the way, I don't see a ton of harm in claiming that.

Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 07, 2018, 08:24:20 pm »

I've reread gkrieg and see no reason not to lynch him.

I can get behind an Awaclus lynch as well.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 07, 2018, 08:41:14 pm »

Now reread Haddock. His day one was very much like gkrieg's. The way he came in could have been staged.

Boo!

We weren't supposed to do any Space-Alerty things during N0, right?  Cos I totally lost track of time and did nothing.
He did the hammer with protest. That could also have been staged.

Day two he has given some thought to claiming strategies and his color claiming idea was sensible, even though the rationale was unclear (at least to me) until it was too late to follow it. He could have insisted earlier on - didn't because too busy? because actually didn't care (is scum)? because unsure of himself?

So, I can put scum or town narratives on his play. Reserving judgement for the moment.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 07, 2018, 08:51:33 pm »

I have townreads on Skumpy and Theorel.

I'm resisting my scumread on faust because that's often my reaction to him. He's too hard to lynch based on what there is now, anyway. Maybe someone will get a chance to investigate him. Would be bonus if we could clear him because doubting him creates a lot of strife.

iguana, RR, Lalight have been negligible contributors to the game. So, kind of like gkrieg, might as well lynch them but I don't have any strong reads there.

silver is interesting. He's been active, kind of volatile, taken positions. I'll read him next to see if there are any patterns to be found. Then e.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 07, 2018, 09:06:32 pm »

Got through Day 1 and have to go. His theory talk shows he is very motivated and I think he was sincere in his recommendations. His voting seemed haphazard and he was a main driver of the cheesyJelly lynch, though inconsistently so. I went along with it too, so it would be hypocritical to scumread him just for that, but it's there to consider.

I don't want to lynch any active players today.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 07, 2018, 09:57:30 pm »

vote: silver for provoking Awaclus

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 08, 2018, 12:37:03 am »

What did you do tonight?

I just wanted to get down to the bottom level, and also didn't want to ruin everyone else's plans.  I figured there would be more congestion at the central lift, and since I couldn't go blueward, I figured going red and using the lift would be the best choice, that would help other people get down the lift.  I had a couple of other reasons that I would rather not say.

Well, go ahead and not say them then. But vote: gkrieg

Back to L-1 (I think?)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 08, 2018, 12:39:03 am »

Got through Day 1 and have to go. His theory talk shows he is very motivated and I think he was sincere in his recommendations. His voting seemed haphazard and he was a main driver of the cheesyJelly lynch, though inconsistently so. I went along with it too, so it would be hypocritical to scumread him just for that, but it's there to consider.

I don't want to lynch any active players today.
Problem is that most of the upper half players are active.

I don't want to lynch lower half today.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 20 queries.