This is the third tournament in Monoset series and this one is a Dualset! Dominion double elimination tournament where each Kingdom in a set is played using cards from two expansions. This tournament will run similarly to the first two tournaments, with some rule changes due to changing it to Dualset.
- 16 (or 32?) players will be admitted into the tournament, in a double elimination bracket seeded by Isotropic rank from Salvager. If Iso rating is unavailable, I will just guess your seed. All players will be seeded somewhere; no seeding will be random if possible.
- Alternates may sign up; they will be substituted into the tournament only during the first round of either the winner's or loser's brackets. Alternate seeding is entirely determined by the seed of the player being replaced.
- Matches will consist of three to five games until at least one player scores 2.5 wins. Special rules apply for game 5 as outlined below.
- One player chooses one set, second player chooses second one. You donít set cards evenly, it should be fully random.
- The person who chooses the first set for each game will go first in that game. Starting player will alternate for every game (excluding game 5), with the lowest seeded player starting the first game in a match. Therefore the lowest seeded player will pick the first set in a match.
- In the event of a fifth game, the lower seeded player will choose if they wish to go first or second. The player who goes first will pick the first set for game 5. In the event of a tie in the fifth game by the official Dominion rules, the player who went second in that match will win the round.
- Spectator chat must be set so that it is NOT visible to the players of the match.
- Players will choose from the following sets for their rounds:
-- Base Set v2
-- Intrigue v2
-- Prosperity (Platinum/Colony must be RANDOM)
-- Dark Ages (Shelters must be RANDOM)
-- Adventures (Use Exactly 1 Event)
-- Empires (Use Exactly 1 Event / Landmark)
If the first set picked is Alchemy, Cornucopia, Guilds or Promo, the second one canít be picked from this list.
Every set must be used once in a round.
- We will aim not to have formal deadlines for round completion. In order to do this, this relies on everyone being as prompt as possible with their matches. If you have not contacted your opponent within a week of the matchup being posted, you will be subbed out or eliminated. If you are asked for a status update and you do not provide one / post within 3 days, you will be subbed out or eliminated.
- When posting results, please post the sets played and who won which sets. This is both for research purposes and for the competitive use of future players in the tournament.