Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How long will 2nd Edition Update packs be available?  (Read 1338 times)

treyoshi

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
How long will 2nd Edition Update packs be available?
« on: February 28, 2017, 10:10:23 am »

Hi,

I seem to recall Donald or someone mentioning in a thread that the update packs would only be made available for a period of time.  Does that mean they will not get reprinted? I am trying to decide when I should get these. I just recently got empires and I have all other sets besides adventures (original dominion and intrigue releases).  I was thinking I would wait a bit since I just bought an expansion but don't want to miss out on chance to get them at reasonable price if the initial run is all that will be made.  Thanks!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: How long will 2nd Edition Update packs be available?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:19:00 am »

Probably until they go out of print.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

RevanFan

• Spy
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 01:25:10 pm »

Hi,

I seem to recall Donald or someone mentioning in a thread that the update packs would only be made available for a period of time.  Does that mean they will not get reprinted? I am trying to decide when I should get these. I just recently got empires and I have all other sets besides adventures (original dominion and intrigue releases).  I was thinking I would wait a bit since I just bought an expansion but don't want to miss out on chance to get them at reasonable price if the initial run is all that will be made.  Thanks!
I actually recommend getting the full Dominion: Second Edition. Some of the changes to existing cards include slight mechanical changes, Moat looks way better, and all of the treasure cards are given the fancy artwork. But as for the Intrigue Upgrade Pack, I'd say get it as soon as you can to be safe.

Also, Adventures is amazing. Easily one of my favorite expansions ever. Up there with Empires, Prosperity, and Seaside.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 01:26:34 pm by RevanFan »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:46:17 pm »
+5

I seem to recall Donald or someone mentioning in a thread that the update packs would only be made available for a period of time.  Does that mean they will not get reprinted?
Actually they were already reprinted. The intention though is not to keep them in print. Since they're redundant with the second editions, it's only a matter of time before there is almost no demand for them.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.