Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Most Vetoed Card?  (Read 14893 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
Re: Most Vetoed Card?
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 05:59:45 am »

I veto Black Market, tis a silly card
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

rls22

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 05:59:28 pm »

Well, it depends on my position.  If I'm Player 2, and there's an attack with Player 1 advantage (Sea Hag, Militia, Cutpurse, etc.) I'll veto that.  If I'm Player 1, I try to pick what my strategy will be, and then veto the thing that will get in the way of my strategy.  Barring that, I'll usually veto the typical high variance cards (Familiar, Treasure Map) or sometimes alternative Victory card strategies - e.g., Duke which I'm not 100% confident with as a strategy.

I'll let "trap" cards stand if there's a good out for me (Pirate Ship if there are +$ actions on the board, Alchemist if there's no +buy and it's a Province game, Possession if there are good attacks), in the hopes that my opponent will go for the trap.

I know some are opposed to the veto mode, but I don't mind it.. it's like a game within a game...  I don't care enough to click "require" on the Automatch, but I do think it's sort of fun.

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 10:48:59 pm »

I've seen a large rise in varient victory point cards as of late, especially Silk Road, Tunnel and Duke. I wonder if WanderingWinder's excellent articles on them have anything to do with this... I personally am now much less likely to veto them, but the opposite seems to be true the last little while.

I veto Ghost Ship, Potion cards when there is only one around and oddly enough and occasionally Tactician--even though it is one of my favorite cards to play.  Fool's Gold, Jack and Ill-Gotten Gains also get vetoed here and there by me although I have begun to enjoy playing with all three more and more.

Piemaster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 01:38:37 am »

I don't play veto games if I can help it.  If I accidently find myself in one, the cards that tend to get vetoed most often seem to be cursing attacks.  Usually I just veto that card which I have the lowest relative confidence in.

Asklepios

• Duke
  • Respect: +116
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 04:10:41 am »

I'm another of those people that always vetoes Chapel.

A few reasons for this:

Firstly, I try to get rid of the most obvious strategies. If a board is too obvious, there's less room for skill to show.

Secondly, I don't like waiting too long between turns. Thus I'll often get rid of cards that allow for long chaining engines.

Thirdly, I like attacks, and Chapel often disrupts attacks. For the same reasons, my number one veto is Lighthouse. I'll almost never veto an attack, because more than 50% of the time I know my opponent is playing veto mode to exclude attacks they don't like, and they don't like them because they're not good at working with them in play.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.