Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Antiquity (WIP! Please help!)  (Read 34684 times)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Antiquity (WIP! Please help!)
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 11:14:36 am »
+2

When we are talking about theme already, is "archeology" really that Dominion-y? I know many good themes are taken, but I can think of at least 2 major ones that are still available.

Don't leave us hanging! What are they?

Art, including theatre, would be one. It could be called "Dominion - Encore". Think of Actors, Bards, Frescos, Statues, Patrons, Doubles, Stagewriters...

The other would be modernization. You know, "Dominion - Modern Times". It would cover the end of the middle Ages just like Empires covers... something preceding the middle ages. Although admittedly, this idea suffers from the presence of Prosperity (covers the new & improved aspect) and Alchemy (covers the "science" aspect). So okay, the second one maybe isn't that great after all...  :-[
But art, that looks promising.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 11:22:58 am »
+3

When we are talking about theme already, is "archeology" really that Dominion-y? I know many good themes are taken, but I can think of at least 2 major ones that are still available.

Art, including theatre, would be one. It could be called "Dominion - Encore". Think of Actors, Bards, Frescos, Statues, Patrons, Doubles, Stagewriters...

The other would be modernization. You know, "Dominion - Modern Times". It would cover the end of the middle Ages just like Empires covers... something preceding the middle ages. Although admittedly, this idea suffers from the presence of Prosperity (covers the new & improved aspect) and Alchemy (covers the "science" aspect). So okay, the second one maybe isn't that great after all...  :-[
Or, since I know how much you love the Roman theme of Empires Asper, Dominion: Odessy! Featuring the best of Greek culture and it's sequel, Dominion: Pyramids, going back to 3000 B.C, and wrap it all up with Dinosaurminion.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
  • Respect: +134
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 11:42:32 am »

My ideas for "Invention" are basically a pack containing the mechanics of debt, coin tokens, and potions, mixed with a new collaborative-ish mechanic that I'm still working on (the idea at the moment is a central pool of 'shared' cards of some sort) and would be themed around the industrial revolution, but with an alchemist twist. But frankly I haven't given it much thought.

An idea card:

Whirling Dynamo:
+3 Actions
When you Clean this up, put it in the Collaboration zone.
When you take this out of the Collaboration zone, take a Coin token for each Whirling Dynamo in the zone.
(Whenever you shuffle your deck, take a card out of the zone and put it into your hand.)

Another one:
Steam Knight:
+$1
You can pay any number of Coin tokens. Each opponent reveals that number of cards and trashes one costing between $3 and $6 that you choose.
If you paid any Coin tokens, +2 Cards

...It's bad so far, but I wanted to do something very different.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 12:10:34 pm »

Steam Knight seems cool, but I'd swap the +2 Cards for take a coin token. The Collaboration zone seems cool, but I don't like the mechanic. Maybe if the cards would just let you take cards out?

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 01:27:25 pm »
+1

Or, since I know how much you love the Roman theme of Empires Asper, Dominion: Odessy! Featuring the best of Greek culture and it's sequel, Dominion: Pyramids, going back to 3000 B.C, and wrap it all up with Dinosaurminion.

Dinosaurminion sounds hilarious. Make it a time-travel set and also include steampunks & robots.
Mechanic: Cards that do something in  previous turns :P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:28:27 pm by Asper »

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 03:37:13 pm »

Mind you, you could have Actions that trigger before you buy them.

"You may play this card from the supply. If you do, you must buy it during that turn's Buy phase. If you do not, you gain X -1VP tokens."

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 04:32:32 pm »
+1

Since you're requesting art you might want to keep in mind that more official cards could be released and take that name. So I'd try to pick names that have a quick synonym you could swap for, like Artifact to Trinket or so.

Back on topic, the art I'm requesting is just the inset. I'll be using the card generator site to wrap the inset art. So if I have to change a name, I'll be fine.

That said, I'm trying out the names "Atheneum", "Agora", "Pantheon", and "Puquio" for the ancient cards, but they don't make a lot of sense unless you know that they are :S

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 04:36:32 pm »

Since you're requesting art you might want to keep in mind that more official cards could be released and take that name. So I'd try to pick names that have a quick synonym you could swap for, like Artifact to Trinket or so.

Back on topic, the art I'm requesting is just the inset. I'll be using the card generator site to wrap the inset art. So if I have to change a name, I'll be fine.
? I don't understand.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 04:40:36 pm »

? I don't understand.
I'm getting art for the card picture, but the card itself will be generated.

Of course now that I think more on what you said I realize that you mean "pick art that can be used if you have to change the name of the card." In other words, perhaps "Puquio" is a bad name because if for some bizarre reason there becomes an official Puquio, that picture won't work for anything else.

(a Puquio is a Nazca waterhole.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:02:39 pm by Neirai the Forgiven »

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 06:48:05 pm »

I've thought about a modern Dominion like you mentioned. My idea was Dominion: Industry. Maybe an Alchemy + Guilds sequel? Cool stuff.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 09:41:04 am »
+3

Actually, you can kill two birds with one stone by making a "Renaissance" set (since that's what logically follows after 'generic medieval' and Dark Ages Dominion) that has all your arts (and some science) mechanics as well as being more modern than standard Dominion.

Card ideas would include a Painter, Musician, Actor, and Sculptor cycle as well as a 'Master' card which plays another Action card but increases its powers, and a 'Polymath' card which gains power based on all the other abilities in play.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 09:52:54 am »
+1

Actually, you can kill two birds with one stone by making a "Renaissance" set (since that's what logically follows after 'generic medieval' and Dark Ages Dominion) that has all your arts (and some science) mechanics as well as being more modern than standard Dominion.

But killing two birds with one stone means you have less birds left afterwards.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 10:00:54 am »

But killing two birds with one stone means you have less birds left afterwards.

This is truth.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2017, 11:54:47 pm »
+2

The greatest thing about submitting this set into the gauntlet of theorycrafter review is how much better it plays now!

Here (at long last) is an update.
Apologies in advance for any de-volution in card text accuracy.
As I am approaching my deadline, the cards are unlikely to change *much* from now on but please continue to critique them. They are much stronger now than they were before.

Petroglyph (4)   
Action - Reaction   
+1 Action
Discard any number of cards, then draw until you have 5 cards in hand.
-
When you discard this card any time other than during Clean-up, you can reveal it and set it aside.
If you do, discard it at the start of your next turn and draw a Card.

Agora (5)
Action - Reaction
+2 Actions
+$2
-
When you discard this card other than during your Clean-up phase, you may reveal it to gain a Silver and put it in your hand.

Obelisk (5)
Action - Reaction - Attack
+2 Cards
You may trash two differently named cards from your hand. If you do, +[VP per $2 one of them costs.
-
When you discard this card any time other than during Clean-up, you can reveal it. If you do, each other player gains a Curse.

Aquifer (5)
Action - Reaction
+1 Card
+$1
You may play an Aquifer from your hand.
-
When you discard this card any time other than during Clean-up, you can reveal it to gain an Aquifer.

Tomb Raider (4)
Action
+1 Action
Each opponent discards an attack card (or reveals a hand containing no attacks.)
You may gain a copy of a Treasure revealed this way.
Yes, this card will have a depiction of Lara Croft (as a medieval dominion character) on it.

Artifact (4)
Treasure
$1
While this is in play, when you buy a Treasure, you may discard this to play that Treasure and +1 Buy.

Idol (4)
Treasure
$3
While this is in play, when you buy a card, put it on your Idol mat.
If it a Curse, start a new turn with all of the cards from your Idol mat as your hand.
Wording advice on this would be appreciated.

Digsite (6)
Victory
Reveal the top card of your deck.
If it's a Victory card, discard it. Otherwise, trash this card. If the revealed card costs...
$2 or less, +4%.
$3 to $5, +5%.
$6 or more, +6%.

Earthmound Village (5)
Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Reveal your hand. If you revealed no Copper, +1 Card, +1 Buy and +$1.
I'm debating removing the second +1 Card.

Encroach (6)
Action
+2 Cards.
+1 Action.
Reveal a card from your hand. Gain a Victory card costing less than it onto your deck.

Excavate (4)
Action
+1 Buy
Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck.
Put a revealed Treasure into your hand.
You may discard any non-Treasure cards. Put the rest on top of your deck in any order.

Graveyard (1)
Action
+2 Actions
-
When you trash this, gain a card from the trash.

Inspector (3)
Action - Attack
+2 Cards
Reveal then discard 2 cards.
Per card discarded, each other player with 4 or more cards in hand dicards a copy of it (or reveals a hand with no copies.)

Archaeologist (7)
Action
+3 Cards.
As you draw these cards, you may set aside up to 3 Cards and draw replacements for them, discarding them afterwards.

Mission (4)
Action
+2 Cards
If you have less than 6 VP tokens, you may discard a Victory card. If you do, take a VP token.
If you have 6 or more VP tokens, +2 Actions.

Anthropologist (5)
Action
Play each of the cards set aside by Anthropologist in any order, then end your Action phase.
-
When you buy this, set aside an Action card from the supply other than Anthropologist that costs exactly $3 more than the number of cards you have set aside with Anthropologist.
-
Setup: Add an Action pile costing $3 and an Action pile costing $4 to the Supply.
This is a recent addition... it's still being tested for balance/suitability.

Profiteer (4)
Action - Reaction
+$1
+1 Buy
Trash a non-Victory card from the Supply. +$1 per empty Supply pile.
-
When you would gain a card during your Action phase, you may discard this to gain a card costing up to $2 more instead.

Prospector (3)
Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may discard a Victory card to gain a Treasure costing up to $1 more than it.

Pyramid (5)   Action   " +$5
Trash 2 cards from your hand.
Gain 2 Curses.

Riches (4)
Treasure
$4
When you buy a card using this, trash all the other treasures you used to buy that card.

Sarcophagus (6)
Action - Attack
Choose an Action card in the Supply costing up to $4.
Play that card three times, then trash it.
-
When you buy this each other player gains a Curse.

Shipwreck (5)
Action
+2 Cards
+$2
+1 Buy
When you buy this, trash any Treasure cards you have in play.
Does the cost (and the additional cost) balance the inherent power of this card?

Collector (4)
Action
+$2
Reveal and trash the top card of your deck to gain a card that shares a type with it that costs up to $3 more.

Stoneworks (5)
Action
+2 Cards
+1 Buy
You may reveal two cards with the same name from your hand.
If the revealed cards are Victory cards, trash this.
Cards with the same name as those cards cost $2 less this turn, but not less than $0.

Tomb Guardian (4)   Action - Attack   
+$2
You may gain a Curse card. If you did, +1 Action, +$1.
If the Curse pile is empty, each other player with 4 or more cards in hand puts 2 cards from their hand onto their deck.

Ziggurat (4)
Action
You may discard cards from the top of your deck until there are 3 cards in your discard pile.
You may trash up to two cards from your discard pile.
If you trashed a card, you may play a card from your discard pile.

Boulder Trap (3)
Trap
-1 VP
Setup: Shuffle a Boulder into each Supply pile.
If the Boulder is at the top of a pile, trash it.
-
If you reveal this from the top of a Supply pile, put it onto your deck.
-
When you discard this card on another player's turn, put this onto that player's deck.
-
When you trash this, each other player gains a Curse.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2017, 02:43:52 am »
+2

I'm only commenting here on the ones that I think need improvement. Which means all the others look good to me.

Obelisk (5)
+2 Cards
You may trash two differently named cards from your hand. If you do, +[VP per $2 one of them costs.
-
When you discard this card any time other than during Clean-up, you can reveal it. If you do, each other player gains a Curse.
This could often make discard attacks not worth buying. It would stink to have this on a board with Margrave as the only decent draw or +buy, but I guess it wouldn't be any worse than other cursers.

Aquifer (5)
Action - Reaction
+1 Card
+$1
-
When you discard this card any time other than during Clean-up, you can reveal it to gain an Aquifer.
Why limit the +action on this?  I think your first version (Ancient Waterways) was fine, but I probably wouldn't buy this version. too weak.

Earthmound Village (5)
Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
I suggest you do remove the 2nd +card. This is (often) much easier to activate than city.

Encroach (6)
Action
+2 Cards.
+1 Action.
Reveal a card from your hand. Gain a Victory card costing less than it onto your deck.
I still don't see the appeal of this card. I guess it could combo with Groundskeeper/Duke along with some gold, but usually I wouldn't want it.

Inspector (3)
Action - Attack
+2 Cards
Per card discarded, each other player with 4 or more cards in hand dicards a copy of it (or reveals a hand with no copies.)
This attack could sometimes be really mean/swingy/political, especially if you can reveal your opponents' hands before playing this (or play two).

Archaeologist (7)
Action
+3 Cards.
As you draw these cards, you may set aside up to 3 Cards and draw replacements for them, discarding them afterwards.
I think this would be fine costing $5. The "up to 3" is enough of a limitation. Anyway, it seems too similar to Catacombs. I guess the draw part is strictly better than Catacombs, but not by much and Catacombs has the on-trash benefit, so I still think it'd be okay at $5.

Mission (4)
Action
+2 Cards
If you have less than 6 VP tokens, you may discard a Victory card. If you do, take a VP token.
If you have 6 or more VP tokens, +2 Actions.
I like this one, but could still be overpowered when combined with other ways of getting VP tokens.

Anthropologist (5)
Action
Play each of the cards set aside by Anthropologist in any order, then end your Action phase.
-
When you buy this, set aside an Action card from the supply other than Anthropologist that costs exactly $3 more than the number of cards you have set aside with Anthropologist.
-
Setup: Add an Action pile costing $3 and an Action pile costing $4 to the Supply.
This is really confusing. What do you set aside when you buy one without having any cards already set aside?

Riches (4)
Treasure
$4
When you buy a card using this, trash all the other treasures you used to buy that card.
Still don't know what happens when you buy something with more than one Riches in play. I would think the two Riches each cause the other to be trashed? (Forgot your earlier post when I wrote this.)
Also, still overpowered with vitual coin.

Sarcophagus (6)
Action - Attack
-
Does this need the on-buy attack?

Shipwreck (5)
Action
+2 Cards
+$2
+1 Buy
Does the cost (and the additional cost) balance the inherent power of this card?
No. The on-buy effect is helpful, not a drawback at all (see Mint). This might be okay costing $6.

+$2
If the Curse pile is empty, each other player with 4 or more cards in hand puts 2 cards from their hand onto their deck.
Would be better with Ghost Ship's wording "...until he has 3 cards in hand." Otherwise, players with 4 cards in hand end up with 2.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:50:01 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2017, 03:40:26 pm »
+1

Once again, thanks so much for the feedback. I realize it's all complaints  :o but how else will the set get stronger?

Aquifer (5)
Action - Reaction
+1 Card
+$1
-
Why limit the +action on this?  I think your first version (Ancient Waterways) was fine, but I probably wouldn't buy this version. too weak.
I kept having games where I rapidly picked up most of the Aquifers, and while I felt that was okay, chaining them into other cards (with +draws) felt somewhat too powerful. That was my thinking, anyhow. Alternatively, I could make it work more like a Crossroads, where the +Actions is limited to the first time you play one per turn.

Earthmound Village (5)
Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
I suggest you do remove the 2nd +card. This is (often) much easier to activate than city.
You aren't the only person to say this, as it was a common comment by my playtesters. I will remove the 2nd +card.

Encroach (6)
Action
+2 Cards.
+1 Action.
I still don't see the appeal of this card. I guess it could combo with Groundskeeper/Duke along with some gold, but usually I wouldn't want it.
I'm thinking of reworking it a bit to make it a bit more attractive; replace the reveal with a discard a treasure, gain a Victory card costing up to 2 more, put it on your deck.

Inspector (3)
Action - Attack
+2 Cards
Per card discarded, each other player with 4 or more cards in hand discards a copy of it (or reveals a hand with no copies.)
This attack could sometimes be really mean/swingy/political, especially if you can reveal your opponents' hands before playing this (or play two).
I'm thinking I'll nerf this down to only cause a discard of one matching card. Although a player still has to do to himself the same thing that he's doing to his enemies.

Archaeologist (7)
Action
+3 Cards.
I think this would be fine costing $5. The "up to 3" is enough of a limitation. Anyway, it seems too similar to Catacombs. I guess the draw part is strictly better than Catacombs, but not by much and Catacombs has the on-trash benefit, so I still think it'd be okay at $5.
The idea is a library that draws cards when you are full up on cards, with a (limited) ability to choose the cards.
Mind you it might make more sense (and be more cost-appropriate) if it simply draws 6 cards and lets you pick 3 of them.

Anthropologist (5)
Action
-
-
This is really confusing. What do you set aside when you buy one without having any cards already set aside?
You set aside an Action card costing $3. But if it's super confusing, it might need to be written better. It's also currently under a lot of testing. The idea is to make a card that lets you play a chain of terminals without having them in your deck. Also I've found that it's hard to cost (go figure.)

Sarcophagus (6)
Action - Attack
-
Does this need the on-buy attack?
It's literally just flavor. It's the coffin of a pharoah.

Shipwreck (5)
Action
+2 Cards
+$2
+1 Buy
No. The on-buy effect is helpful, not a drawback at all (see Mint). This might be okay costing $6.
Thanks. I want some sort of extra cost that simulates a shipwreck occuring, but not sure what.

+$2
Would be better with Ghost Ship's wording "...until he has 3 cards in hand." Otherwise, players with 4 cards in hand end up with 2.
Will do.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:56:12 pm by Neirai the Forgiven »

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2017, 10:46:26 am »

Shipwreck (5)
Action
+2 Cards
+$2
+1 Buy
When you buy this, reveal the top 5 cards of your deck, discard any revealed Treasures, and put the rest back.
Variant Shipwreck.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:11:54 am by Neirai the Forgiven »

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 12:35:15 pm »

It's come to my attention that the set lacks $2 and $3 cost cards, so I'm trying a varient of the Shipwreck as a $2 card. The question is whether it's viable at all now:

Shipwreck (2)
Action
+1 Cards
+$1
+1 Buy
When you buy this, reveal the top 5 cards of your deck, discard any revealed Treasures, and put the rest back.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 07:32:23 pm »

It's come to my attention that the set lacks $2 and $3 cost cards, so I'm trying a varient of the Shipwreck as a $2 card. The question is whether it's viable at all now:

Shipwreck (2)
Action
+1 Cards
+$1
+1 Buy

Doesn't look worthwile. You'll find that no official kingdom card gives you terminal +1 Card, simply because it makes you draw stuff dead without being good enough as the draw in an engine. Generally I discourage trying to shoehorn an idea to fit a certain price point. Never worked too well for me, at least.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 11:53:24 am »

Shipwreck (2)
Action
+1 Cards
+$1
+1 Buy

Doesn't look worthwile. You'll find that no official kingdom card gives you terminal +1 Card, simply because it makes you draw stuff dead without being good enough as the draw in an engine. Generally I discourage trying to shoehorn an idea to fit a certain price point. Never worked too well for me, at least.
How about Pawn?
Shipwreck
cost $2 - Action - Duration
Choose one: +1 Card; +1 Action; +1 Buy; +$1.
At the start of your next turn, do the others.

When you buy this, reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, discard any revealed treasures, and the put rest back.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 03:21:43 pm »

How about Pawn?
Shipwreck
cost $2 - Action - Duration
Choose one: +1 Card; +1 Action; +1 Buy; +$1.
At the start of your next turn, do the others.

When you buy this, reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, discard any revealed treasures, and the put rest back.

I specifically wanted to avoid Duration cards in this deck ("Then why did you make a naval-themed card?") but that "choose a thing, then do the others later" is an interesting mechanic.
I'm tempted to make a variant where it chooses all on trash, or maybe if gained during your action phase.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:57:22 pm by Neirai the Forgiven »

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 03:37:44 pm »

Shipwreck (2)
Action
+1 Cards
+$1
+1 Buy

How about Pawn?

Pawn obviously won't be a terminal +1 Card if you don't want it to be that. That's as if I said "There's no non-tfb card that makes you trash an Action card from your hand." and you say "What about Chapel? I totes can trash King's Court with Chapel.". Yes, you can, but it's not the card that makes you do it, it's you who choses to play it to your disadvantage. And when it happens to be a good idea (e.g. because Tomb's there), you can still do that. That's not the same as being forced to play that way.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 03:49:22 pm »
+2

The names "Obelisk" and "Mission" are already used by published Dominion cards.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2017, 03:55:36 pm »
+1

The names "Obelisk" and "Mission" are already used by published Dominion cards.

Eek, good catch! I recently renamed them and forgot to search the wiki/card lists for the names despite doing so previous. Thanks so much for this!
Update: Obelisk renamed to "Monolith". Mission renamed to "Mission House" (because it's supposed to be a Missionary Outpost of sorts)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:58:51 pm by Neirai the Forgiven »

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2017, 08:06:19 pm »

A few observations:

Petroglyph (4)   
Action - Reaction   
+1 Action
Discard any number of cards, then draw until you have 5 cards in hand.
-
When you discard this card any time other than during Clean-up, you can reveal it and set it aside.
If you do, discard it at the start of your next turn and draw a Card.
The way the wording on the reaction part reads, when you discard it from setting it aside, it can still be seen as discarding other than during cleanup and you could choose to set it aside again. This can be a nifty choice you can make, if you draw a good hand and don't need the extra card. You could even stock them up and draw several cards at once for a mega turn. It's a nice feature, I just wonder if it was intended.

Obelisk (5)
+2 Cards
-
Agree with the comments made on the reaction part. The top part alone looks strong compared to Bishop, with the card draw as well, but the trashing two different cards may be enough of a setback. Either way, you'll need to say '(round down)' for odd-number costs.

Tomb Raider (4)
Action
+1 Action
Each opponent discards an attack card (or reveals a hand containing no attacks.)
Maybe have them reveal their hand regardless? In games with no attacks this seems to just be Ruined Village. I guess this needs the Attack type anyway, to help here, so like this:
Tomb Raider (4)
Action Attack
+1 Action
Each opponent reveals his hand and discards an Attack card.
Edited: (But then if this is the only Attack in a game, will it ever be bought?) It can become a lesser Hero in gaining any treasure, which is fine, it just runs the risk of clashing with the opponent's Tomb Raider.

Idol (4)
Treasure
$3
If it a Curse, start a new turn with all of the cards from your Idol mat as your hand.
Wording advice on this would be appreciated.
An interesting card. Just to make it more like Outpost's ​wording:
If it is a Curse, take another turn after this one, with all of the cards from your Idol mat as your hand.
And I don't suppose it needs to let you only take one extra turn. I don't think you can take infinite turns with it as you're forced to buy another Idol and Curse, and no one action can give enough buys and $. Well, with Ferry and Seaway it might be possible...but it only ends the game on 3 piles with you on numerous Curses, so all good.

Inspector (3)
Action - Attack
+2 Cards
I assume you reveal from your hand?

Riches (4)
Treasure
$4
I like the potential in this one. So you only buy one, and this ultimately becomes the only Treasure in the deck, and so it sets up engines. I think it needs virtual coin to work rather than make it OP, as other Treasures are almost worthless as one-shots (buy a gold for 6, it pays back only half of that). I have two questions with this: is 4 the right price for it? You can easily get a 5-8 cost card by turn 4, and trash some coppers at the same time. Which leads to, how do you declare what Treasures you use to pay for cards? Suppose I have a hand of Riches and 3 Coppers and want to buy a 4 cost card. Can I declare paying the three Coppers on it, perhaps by playing them first, or would the Riches always be the whole cost?

Collector (4)
Action
+$2
Reveal and trash the top card of your deck to gain a card that shares a type with it that costs up to $3 more.
Mine deals exclusively with Treasures and costs 5. Rebuild does Victories and is 5, and Expand is 7. I doubt the randomness and same-type restriction reduces the cost that much, especially as it doesn't interfere with your hand.

Ziggurat (4)
Action
You may discard cards from the top of your deck until there are 3 cards in your discard pile.
You may trash up to two cards from your discard pile.
If you trashed a card, you may play a card from your discard pile.
Can it play a Treasure? Could you bring an Estate or another pure Victory into play to Bonfire it?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:04:21 am by Aquila »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.