Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Antiquity (WIP! Please help!)  (Read 6216 times)

Neirai the Forgiven

• Thief
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Antiquity (WIP! Please help!)
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2018, 06:18:20 pm »

I'm toying with making the bottom simply reflect the top (as a reaction, discard this to trash two cards from hand or discard pile.) Not entirely sure yet.

Of course, if I do that, since I'm saying you can trash from hand or discard pile, I'm essentially removing any reason for there to BE a reaction.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2018, 11:37:18 pm »

Artifact - maybe, 'While this is in play, directly after you when you next buy a Treasure, you may discard this to play that Treasure and get +1 Buy.
Or to save confusion with Venture and potential tracking issues, you could set the Artifact aside (change 'discard this' to 'set this aside' and add 'Discard this at Clean-up' at the end). I can't really see a way to get one card to play one Treasure without implying Throning when you use several Artifacts, though.

I'm not too worried about Venture-Artifact round trips; they aren't infinite loops because you either run out of money or Ventures in the Supply.

I'm trying out this wording, though, to avoid some Throning issues:

"When you buy a Treasure, you may discard the last Artifact you played this turn to play it and +1 Buy."

I don't think this is the final wording but it's closer.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2018, 10:06:11 am »

Does this work, does it even make sense?

While this is in play, immediately after you buy a Treasure, you may turn the last face up Artifact you played this turn face down. If you do, +1 Buy and play that Treasure.

I tell you, I'm sort of conflicted on Artifact. Artifact was the first card from this set that worked; it just worked fine out of the box, but this was largely based on a given interpretation of what Artifact does. That interpretation is really, really hard to convey in card text. Any help would be appreciated.

The interpretation is:
When you buy a Treasure, if you have any Artifacts in play, you can discard one of them to buy another card and you get the value of the Treasure, too.
If you have more than one Artifact, you can chain buying and playing Treasures, rather than Throning the Treasure and getting a pile of Buys.

As it turns out, as the card usually turns out when written as card rules, if you have 6 Artifacts in play and Buy a Gold, you can discard them all and get +$18 money and 6 Buys.

I might just need to rewrite the card altogether.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:47 pm »

Funny, deciding to rewrite it works really well.

Artifact - Treasure $4
$1
When you play this, you may pay any amount of your $. If you do, gain a Treasure with a cost equal to the $ you paid, and play it.

The only "loss" here is that it won't allow you to use its power on cards with Debt or Potion costs.
Which I can live with.

(As a bonus, this solves Venture round trips.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:46:55 pm by Neirai the Forgiven »

Gazbag

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +295
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2018, 01:39:32 pm »

If you want it closer to the original wording you could try:

While this is in play, directly after you buy a Treasure, if that Treasure isn't in play, you may discard this to play that Treasure and +1 Buy.

I think that stops you from using multiples at once? Doesn't stop the Venture thing though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.