Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 157620 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1300 on: March 28, 2017, 08:28:42 pm »

And to be fair to schadd, I am not one to demand that someone produce a whole bunch of reads on anyone. That is a lot of time that not everyone has to commit. But schadd was talking up big reads on everyone in multiple posts. So that is where the expectation comes from.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 28, 2017, 08:48:07 pm »

I like lynching andrew over pps. If he was town, I think scum would have probably hammered him already.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 28, 2017, 08:49:35 pm »

I still prefer Andrew.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 28, 2017, 09:09:57 pm »

the way i do rereads is kind of exhausting, and spending too much time on it in one sitting has worked out poorly in the past. after i typed up the pps one i felt like not doing it anymore and i haven't had a moment until now (i'm eating dinner atm but should afterward be able to post the other ones rather quickly, since i now have all the posts & some of the arguments noted)
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 28, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »

pps addendum: a little ditty
I am strongly reading town on mcmc practically all of D2.
[...]
Mcmc made points about Andrew I silently concurred with. So, in some sense I am sheeeping him. That Andrew supposedly reads scum in mcmc to the point of voting him means that Andrew must be better at sensing the scum in the best scum performance ever and my ego will not support that so it requires me to categorize him as strictly scum.
Congratulations, scum. I'll have to figure out where they are but nice job getting a mislynch when one of your own [andrew] was on the block. Considering the hour it's like they got back to back nights.

Robz and mcmc looks scummiest to me atm but a reread is definitely in order.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: March 28, 2017, 11:04:30 pm »

eevee: a thing

Okay, I feel I understood the meaning of maybe 10% of what's been posted previously here, and even that 10% is somewhat confusing because it's Ash's semi-claim, which is a very interesting but also difficult piece to the puzzle. Glad we have one on the board already, I feel it's a much better start than pure RVS with no substance that can stall for days in worst cases.

It's so fun to be playing with ash again!

As for the claim, I don't know, my natural first reaction is to buy it until evidence to the contrary surfaces, but also be on the lookout for such evidence. There is always just one UB, so if ash is scum, he is basically saying he is willing to trade 1:1 with the backup (at best), which just seems like a terrible deal for scum. UB is definitely a strong role, but it won't have any utility until someone with a PR goes down (knock on wood), and even after he could inherit something completely useless (if the role was 1-shot and the shot is already used up), so it's not like game-changingly strong, or even close to that.

It seems a little suicidal for ash to do this as town but not the UB, as I would assume most people as the real UB would simply counterclaim ash immediately, putting town in a horrible situation for no gain whatsoever (as far as I can tell, anyways). I got to believe ash would realize this, and probably wouldn't  want to proceed with such a plan.

So, as I don't think ash would do this as town if he wasn't the UB, I think if there is another UB out there, they should claim because ash is then likely just scum with a crazy vision, which would seem extremely far-fetched, but ash if anyone is willing to go down for his team if he feels its the best course of action.

But, probably, ash is just the UB, and wanted to get us going with a claim. Which seems fine to me, having a IC is pretty fun, and this comes with potential additional powers if they make it to later in the game.
i mean. i don't think i fully registered this at the time, but this is just overt town PR hunting. if ash was UB and wanted to claim UB, he would have claimed UB. eevee also suggests that idptg should have counterclaimed, which would have been really bad. and in talking about it to this extent, he more or less softclaimed not-UB, which is why you don't do that.

also note that he pretty ardently thought ash was the UB, and ash got nightkilled.

Vote: Eevee

Maybe if I start voting for people, it'll start a wagon.
This is a great idea.

Vote: Joseph
eevee would later call this an RVS vote, though that's a bit ambiguous. and late for an RVS vote.

Vote: Joseph

Reread him, I could definitely see a scum narrative in his voting history (first voted for ashersky, when the tide turned against lynching ash, changed his position to "town because of his antics). Nothing really struck to me as towny in his posting either, hard to put a finger on it but I don't get the impression he is trying to figure things out, more that he wants a lynch through that isn't him. This claim question strengthens that impression, I think town is more concerned with concealing their role because it's better for town regardless of your role, whereas scum might be more anxious to claim because they think it might help get them out of hot water. Basically, for town one can think "well, if I die, it might actually help us win if it happens in the right way", whereas scum MUST avoid getting lynched day 1, because if they go down their team is in very big trouble.

L-2, if I do my math right.
Yeah, it looked to me like scum explaining their way onto a mislynch.
plus, have you, like, played with joseph before?

Woah lots of stuff happened. I don't like the hammer from pps with zero announcement. I guess I don't find it overly scummy but I don't like it.

Is there any way Joseph is Lying so I don't have to figure out the setup implications of what is going on and we just hit scum?

Joseph is IC, no way around it.
Slight scum points for mcmc for trying to suggest Joseph is not an IC. I don't think this applies to such an experienced player like mcmc, but in general I think it's scum's first instinct to try to discredit any IC that is arising.
That Joseph went poof after supposedly resurrecting himself immediately after the lynch looks super duper fishy to me. I mean, when I am scum I troll the twilight for the lulz, but most do exactly what he just did.
and he made the assertion without even, like, looking for himself whether joseph was an IC

but this proclaiming your excellence I think gives scum more of a mandate to make bold moves later, as you quote back to this post showing how good you are.
...he said, about someone other than pps, in a game with pps in it. bold moves... oh, you mean, like, quickhammering d1?

Ok. I at least know what happened now. I see little incentive to keep posting reads and stuff here for town. I feel like any further information we have can be saved til Day2 without letting mafia benefit from it going into the night.

I think the more OMGUS we give to mafia going into night the better.
I feel this is veryyy scummy. For town, the risk of unnecessarily giving mafia information should be far outweighed by the worry of dying in the night and never getting to say your piece, right? Like, aren't you worried that your scarce contributions might trigger a trigger-happy vig, even if you think scum would likely go for someone who has been more active?

It holds especially true to you, as you haven't had a chance to say anything all day! A penny for your thoughts, man. Better give them while you can, you never know. If you have insights that might be that relevant to scum, town is very interested in hearing them as well.
no followup on this

For the record,  it probably seems I'm way more certain about mcmc than I actually am, I could see him being scum. It feels redundant to write "it's still only day 2 and any of these reads could change completely, especially with pr information", but of course things could change still.
live and die by the hedge

Andrew, if you flip town, we'll take another look at your mcmc posts.
woof.
this implies more that andrew is town if eevee is scum than that eevee is scum (though i do believe the latter)

98% on idptg
but, no. think about it. if idptg is fakeclaiming, the real one steps in (and for some reason has taken a very long time to do so, in maybe mylo) and counterclaims. either we lynch scum, or we lynch UB. oh, except UB has that one governor thing from a while ago. so that doesn't work out very well, whoops.

he hasn't given out any townreads today; the best he did was agreeing with ww's moderately-hedged townread of TWM.

eevee's interactions with pps really make them look like, at the very least, the same alignment. they mutually indirectly/sketchily townread each other for kind of a while that isn't at all characteristic of the pockety/buddy-y/manipulative stuff that happens in scum on town. in theory they could just be town, but that would (fmpov) require a lot of other much more difficult assumptions (robz scum, partnered with andrew (which i talked about, though people seem to think it's fine) and TWM (l0l) or ww scum, partnered with at least one of the people whomst's'f'e is hard pushing the lynch)

pps, to me, looks narrowly more scummy in isolation, but i think the two have very similar chances of flipping red (i.e., if i'm not totally off base)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 28, 2017, 11:10:47 pm »

wtf is fmpov and whomst's'f'e

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 28, 2017, 11:24:45 pm »

from my point of view; of whomst's he

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 28, 2017, 11:25:52 pm »

wtf is fmpov and whomst's'f'e

Whomst is a meme btw

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 28, 2017, 11:27:21 pm »

good meme

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 28, 2017, 11:38:07 pm »

good meme

I mean...

Anyway, I agree with you on Eevee. I really didn't like the UB/PR fishing; ash kinda claiming my role was weird enough without people telling me to claim (although most people said not to).

Therefore, I think we can assume there is no NK tonight or we found the scum team or both.

But what do we do with that assumption? Is it actionable?

I think so. I'm working on it. I think the problem is that I'm focusing too much on logic and not enough on reads. People aren't always rational and acting irrationally seems valuable in this game. Even if people are being rational, it's people so opinions matter and people can disagree about the rational course of action and not be wrong.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 28, 2017, 11:45:59 pm »

twm: a twemoir

based purely off of memory and then going back to the list of players, I am leaning toward one of the following: ww, dylan, IDontplay and schadd and maaaaybe ash?

So I guess those are people I should look at more specifically
looks like this is 5 townies, which kinda stinx. but d1 reads being way wrong is also a very town-able thing

Votes speak louder than hedges.

Agreed.

The time has come. Vote: Andrew

was that the big reveal?
paying attention, which is neat

Plus you the scummy, scum man. Scum diddity scum face. Wubba lubba dub dub!
Free wine and rick and morty references? I like this guy!

I just got eevee buddied for the first time! I should get some sort of badge to commemorate!
how u know what that is

and uh that is the end of my notes for twm. there were a few that i had where'st'upon he voted townsfolk but so, so many people did that. i do still, like, kinda think he's town, but i think he makes a lot more sense as the partner of eevee & pps than andrew (see: the next, exciting installment!) and my reason for townreading him (less glued to the game) potentially has other explanations than him being town (he knows the forum better, he had good results in m91 but narrowly so & people currently in this game are familiar with him). i don't think i can read him either way, and don't especially feel a drive to lynch/not lynch him today.

robz correctly pegged him in M91 (iirc only in the speccy) but i haven't seen much (anything? nothing that i remember) to convince he's still right this game

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 28, 2017, 11:51:32 pm »

good meme

I mean...

Anyway, I agree with you on Eevee. I really didn't like the UB/PR fishing; ash kinda claiming my role was weird enough without people telling me to claim (although most people said not to).

Therefore, I think we can assume there is no NK tonight or we found the scum team or both.

But what do we do with that assumption? Is it actionable?

I think so. I'm working on it. I think the problem is that I'm focusing too much on logic and not enough on reads. People aren't always rational and acting irrationally seems valuable in this game. Even if people are being rational, it's people so opinions matter and people can disagree about the rational course of action and not be wrong.

Ok. I guess the question is: do you want to lynch Andrew? Cause if you don't and if you are going to use your governor power should we lynch elsewhere while you are still around? I guess having a no kill isn't the worst thing in the world, but honestly and with all due respect to you and your reads as the UB I think that even if you use your power we will still just lynch Andrew tomorrow anyways (PPS, WW and myself and eevee are all pretty sold on that front I think) unless something dramatic happens as at least I trust my reads more than yours, even if yours are from an "honest" position as I know more about the game state than you do.

So........ Yeah. Ball is kinda in your court and while that sucks from your perspective that is just kinda how the game is designed.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 28, 2017, 11:53:00 pm »

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 28, 2017, 11:59:08 pm »

interlude

at some point (kind of a while ago) in this third day i Thought Two Thoughts.

-the fact that nobody is pushing an informativity lynch means that virgin wasn't switched
-the fact that ww isn't gunning hard for any particular lynch means that he's definitely 800% town

and then powie
I really do not want to lynch anyone but Andrew today.  Give the interactions and wagon from yesterday, a scum!Andrew Lynch has a lot of benefit for finding partners.  The upside is big if I'm right.

so the point is, i would (at baseline) feel weird about just sheeping him here. like, claiming is still dumb if scum and makes the scumteam completely crumble with 2/3 red lynches, and i don't think one can be certain enough about that to merit claiming something for a marginal advantage in just winning immediately. but one way or another, i would like to know specifically what ww would he would infer from a scumflip from andrew, if for no other reason than he's probably getting nightkilled.

hey, robz, it's opposite day. shut the fuck up

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 29, 2017, 12:06:15 am »

oh incidentally
Main thing I don't like from the above^. Is it just coincidence that the person that schadd ends up voting here is the other person with a vote on them?

schadd you said you had reads on everyone else, but why is the only one you have posted (and voted, obviously) on pps the one other guy with a vote on him?
pps was my strongest townread. you can read the thing. what do you expect me to say? "i decided to post the pps one first because i desperately want to lynch someone other than my partner, andrew, and so i decided to only post the case on the guy that my dear partner, andrew, was voting"

there's more context now, and the logical progression &c. but, like, what's my ulterior motive there, and why would asking that question bring out my ulterior motive?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 29, 2017, 12:31:00 am »

I think I'm leaning towards the Andrew lynch at this point.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 29, 2017, 01:07:40 am »

Vote Count 3.3+1

AndrewisFTTW (3+1): Witherweaver, pingpongsam, The_Wine_Merchant, Eevee
pingpongsam (2): AndrewisFTTW, schadd

Not Voting (2): IDontPlayThisGame, Robz888

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Day 3 ends Wednesday, Mar 21+8 at 11 am FT. This is in 8+2 hours.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 29, 2017, 01:09:39 am »

I'mma gonna go ahead and request some prods:

Please prod Robz. Please prod Eevee. Please prod PPS. Please prod WW. Please prod Andrew

To be fair each of these players have posted within the last 48 hours. And I have certainly gone longer without posting, but we are at a point where not posting for 24 just isn't a good idea.

Only schadd, myself and IDPTG have posted in the last 24 hours.

Robz is prodded

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 29, 2017, 01:10:15 am »

I really hope this works out.

vote: Andrew

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: March 29, 2017, 01:12:25 am »

Vote Count 3.final

AndrewisFTTW (5): Witherweaver, pingpongsam, The_Wine_Merchant, Eevee, IDontPlayThisGame
pingpongsam (2): AndrewisFTTW, schadd

Not Voting (1): Robz888

With 8 alive it took 5 to lynch.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:06:25 pm by LaLight »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 29, 2017, 05:16:39 am »

Note: Due to some circumstances, Twilight ends at 11.45 am FT.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 29, 2017, 06:44:23 am »

I feel certain schadd was scum trying to figure out how to save his partner, Andrew. He wanted to uglify PPS and Eevee by appealing to WW and TWM.

If Andrew somehow flips town I'm basically wrong about everything, though.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 29, 2017, 09:00:08 am »

Prod acknowledged. Sorry, really vla right now
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 29, 2017, 09:28:06 am »

I know I've been the de facto lynch since today started and the deadline was somewhat early today and clearly scum was crazy stubborn about my lynch and about pressuring you to hammer (you just got played IDP), and in the end it's all part of the game but in general please don't lynch in the middle of the night while the person is sleeping. It's pretty damn rude.

I really hope this works out.

vote: Andrew

Oh it's working out, for scum.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.