Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Horse Traders + Margrave  (Read 1752 times)

tlloyd

• Tactician
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
Horse Traders + Margrave
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:51:32 am »

Just played a game on Isotropic with Margrave and Horse Traders. A few times I would reveal a HT in response to my opponent's Margrave, set it aside, and then draw another HT. My initial expectation was that I would be able to reveal the second HT as well, since we were still resolving the attack (kinda like how you can reveal a Chapel that you have pulled into your hand with Secret Chamber). But that's not how it works on Isotropic, and I guess it makes sense since the moment "when another player plays an attack card" has passed, but I find these temporal mechanics confusing. Donald, can you confirm that Isotropic has implemented the rule correctly? I promise not to start any more fights over the timing of reaction cards!  :P

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
Re: Horse Traders + Margrave
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:33:04 am »
+1

Just played a game on Isotropic with Margrave and Horse Traders. A few times I would reveal a HT in response to my opponent's Margrave, set it aside, and then draw another HT. My initial expectation was that I would be able to reveal the second HT as well, since we were still resolving the attack (kinda like how you can reveal a Chapel that you have pulled into your hand with Secret Chamber). But that's not how it works on Isotropic, and I guess it makes sense since the moment "when another player plays an attack card" has passed, but I find these temporal mechanics confusing. Donald, can you confirm that Isotropic has implemented the rule correctly? I promise not to start any more fights over the timing of reaction cards!  :P
Once you start following instructions on Margrave (including you drawing a card), it's too late to reveal reactions to the attack being played.

tlloyd

• Tactician
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
Re: Horse Traders + Margrave
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 12:21:28 pm »

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Otherwise you could wait to reveal a Moat until after you had drawn a card from Margrave, which would be bad for the game (but fun!)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.