Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interesting board.  (Read 1376 times)

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
Interesting board.
« on: February 11, 2017, 05:55:11 am »
+3

I could post this in game reports if I didn't close it without thinking. Following is tricky board so what would be your strategy?

coin of the realm,diplomat,embassy,outpost,,oasis,replace,remodel,scheme,walled village, card i forgot.

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting board.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 12:02:08 pm »

It depends a lot on whether there's a +buy on the card you forgot.

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 12:26:26 pm »
+2

I like the idea of having a Schemed Embassy with a Coin or two on the mat.  With that setup, an Outpost turn should be productive enough.  Diplomat also works well on the Outpost turn and can be enabled with Oasis on a normal turn.  With Coin, using Diplomat for terminal draw isn't too tragic.  Replace seems pretty important here, because it can give out Curses, and there's no good way to trash Curses.  At least you are able to Remodel/Remake Curse or Copper into Coin of the Realm.  Ultimately, I'd like to build to where I can Replace Gold into Province and buy Gold; ideally on both normal and Outpost turns.

I'd probably open with Silver + Oasis on a 3/4; trying to get a Replace and an Embassy on $5.  I'd get Schemes on subsequent $3s, pick up a Diplomat or two on $4s.  I'd plan to Replace Copper into Coin of the Realm, but I might need to spend a buy on one or two early, depending on terminal load.  From there, I'd pick up an Outpost and a couple Golds.  Replacing an Estate or two with Diplomat seems reasonable.  Then, start greening and junking.  There would be some endgame flexibility with Replacing components with Duchies.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 04:09:02 am »

I would go full Diplomat/Outpost/Oasis here. Diplomat becomes a $4 Lost City on this board.Add Remodel/Replace early to thin out. Remodel Estate -> Diplomat and Copper -> CotR (which you will probably set aside and never use).

Opening is Oasis/Remodel on 3/4. Getting Remodel early is more important than Replace. If opponent goes for embassies, get more Replace/Remodel to get rid of imcoming Silver.

It's particularly good if the card forgotten is some sort of terminal payload.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 07:11:52 am »

Yes, that was my plan but in game I missed interactions that would make me reconsider strategy as diplomat here is even better. Schemes+embassy+outpost+diplomat pretty reliably double-province once deck could hit 8.

Problems with initial analysis is that replace is that it is attack. With 5/2 I opened replace/cotr and I spend mid game with schemed replace converting coppers into cotr while opponent reacted with their schemed diplomat. Also you missed that remodel/replace+cotr+diplomat is better do decrease hand size than oasis

So now I vwould instead open remodel/scheme to get diplomats and cotr as reaching 5 for embassy/outpost isn't that had with few diplomat/cotrs.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.