Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: when does the action phase change to the buy phase?  (Read 1407 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
when does the action phase change to the buy phase?
« on: February 08, 2017, 04:58:27 am »
+3

Example: Sarah Crowns a Crown, first Crowning a Smithy, and draws only treasure. My understanding is that she cannot say "this is now my buy phase, and so I will use the second play of Crown on this Gold." Is this correct?

The wiki says further that if Sarah Princes a Crown (somehow), she cannot say at the start of her turn "this is now my buy phase, so I will Crown this Gold."

What is the precise rule for when her buy phase starts? (i.e. when does she have the power to say, "this is my buy phase.")

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: when does the action phase change to the buy phase?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 06:00:41 am »
+11

What is the precise rule for when her buy phase starts? (i.e. when does she have the power to say, "this is my buy phase.")
When there's nothing left unresolved and you don't want to do anything more in your Action phase.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 08:01:18 am »

Example: Sarah Crowns a Crown, first Crowning a Smithy, and draws only treasure. My understanding is that she cannot say "this is now my buy phase, and so I will use the second play of Crown on this Gold." Is this correct?

The wiki says further that if Sarah Princes a Crown (somehow), she cannot say at the start of her turn "this is now my buy phase, so I will Crown this Gold."

EDIT: I misunderstood, but no, you're still playing Crown in your Action phase. You are in the middle of resolving Crown 1, you can't switch phases while a card is being resolved. I don't know why she didn't just play the two Crowns separately?

The latter I believe is your Action phase as well, but that is less obvious to me. I remember reading that it was your Action phase somewhere though.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:02:30 am by Chris is me »
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 08:02:35 am »

EDIT: I misunderstood, but no, you're still playing Crown in your Action phase. You are in the middle of resolving Crown 1, you can't switch phases while a card is being resolved.

The latter I believe is your Action phase as well, but that is less obvious to me. I remember reading that it was your Action phase somewhere though.
Look at the bold.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:08:50 am »
+6

I don't know why she didn't just play the two Crowns separately?

Hoping to draw action from Smithy.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.