Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Neat card interactions that were useful in the game you found them in.  (Read 8005 times)

luser

• Duke
  • Respect: +268
    • View Profile

Got another interaction with chariot race - sea hag. It needs good trashing to make hag otherwise ignorable but you topdeck curse just for lot of vp even if its trashed next turn

AJD

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +2923
    • View Profile

Similarly, from a game I just played—it's not like Chariot Race is a strong counter to Rabble or anything, but once you've trashed your Estates and started buying Provinces, it's nice to know that on a turn when you've been Rabbled, at least your Chariot Races will probably score.

benedettosoxfan

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: benedettosoxfan
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how well known this, but I found that playing a Band of Misfits as a Conspirator counts as two actions. The Band of Misfits counts as one action, and then playing it as a Conspirator counts as a second action, so you only need to play one preliminary action card before the Band of Misfits to get the Conspirator's effect to activate.
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing that playing Band of Misfits would also cause Peddler's price to drop more rapidly.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +8823
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how well known this, but I found that playing a Band of Misfits as a Conspirator counts as two actions. The Band of Misfits counts as one action, and then playing it as a Conspirator counts as a second action, so you only need to play one preliminary action card before the Band of Misfits to get the Conspirator's effect to activate.
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing that playing Band of Misfits would also cause Peddler's price to drop more rapidly.

Peddler doesn't care how many Actions you have played, it cares how many you have in play. So BoM only counts as one.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +8712
    • View Profile
+5

Treasury/Dominate

You may have gained a Province, but you didn't buy one, so all those Treasuries go back on your deck.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LaLight

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
+2

Overlord as BoM as Conspirator is instaactivated :)
Wow where is all this LaLight love coming from all of the sudden?

Wins: M87, M85, M92, M98, RMM37, RMM39, BM24, M86, M94, M95
Losses: M88, M90, RMM38, NM8, NM9, M97, ZM23, NM10
Draws: RMM40
Lynched: M95, NM10
MVPs: RMM39
Mod/Co-mod: RMM37, M89, M93, M91, M96, RMM41, M98

SirClemens

• Salvager
  • Respect: +425
    • View Profile

Overlord as BoM as Conspirator is instaactivated :)

Only if you reduced Conspirator's cost to zero. Your Overlord played as BoM emulates a card costing less than 8 debt.
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +8823
    • View Profile
+6

Only if you reduced Conspirator's cost to zero. Your Overlord played as BoM emulates a card costing less than 8 debt.

Your Overlord played as BoM costs $5, not , as long as it's in play. If it's in the trash by the time you play it, then that's how it would work.

SirClemens

• Salvager
  • Respect: +425
    • View Profile

Your Overlord played as BoM costs $5, not , as long as it's in play. If it's in the trash by the time you play it, then that's how it would work.

Thanks for the clarification!
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.