Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45  All

Author Topic: Neat card interactions that were useful in the game you found them in.  (Read 262204 times)

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile

Got another interaction with chariot race - sea hag. It needs good trashing to make hag otherwise ignorable but you topdeck curse just for lot of vp even if its trashed next turn

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile

Similarly, from a game I just played—it's not like Chariot Race is a strong counter to Rabble or anything, but once you've trashed your Estates and started buying Provinces, it's nice to know that on a turn when you've been Rabbled, at least your Chariot Races will probably score.

benedettosoxfan

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: benedettosoxfan
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how well known this, but I found that playing a Band of Misfits as a Conspirator counts as two actions. The Band of Misfits counts as one action, and then playing it as a Conspirator counts as a second action, so you only need to play one preliminary action card before the Band of Misfits to get the Conspirator's effect to activate.
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing that playing Band of Misfits would also cause Peddler's price to drop more rapidly.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I'm not sure how well known this, but I found that playing a Band of Misfits as a Conspirator counts as two actions. The Band of Misfits counts as one action, and then playing it as a Conspirator counts as a second action, so you only need to play one preliminary action card before the Band of Misfits to get the Conspirator's effect to activate.
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing that playing Band of Misfits would also cause Peddler's price to drop more rapidly.

Peddler doesn't care how many Actions you have played, it cares how many you have in play. So BoM only counts as one.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
+10

Treasury/Dominate

You may have gained a Province, but you didn't buy one, so all those Treasuries go back on your deck.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
+6

Overlord as BoM as Conspirator is instaactivated :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
  • Respect: +484
    • View Profile

Overlord as BoM as Conspirator is instaactivated :)

Only if you reduced Conspirator's cost to zero. Your Overlord played as BoM emulates a card costing less than 8 debt.
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+8

Only if you reduced Conspirator's cost to zero. Your Overlord played as BoM emulates a card costing less than 8 debt.

Your Overlord played as BoM costs $5, not , as long as it's in play. If it's in the trash by the time you play it, then that's how it would work.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
  • Respect: +484
    • View Profile

Your Overlord played as BoM costs $5, not , as long as it's in play. If it's in the trash by the time you play it, then that's how it would work.

Thanks for the clarification!
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

xyz123

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +511
    • View Profile
+4

Small Castle + Lurker (Graverobber and Rogue would also work)

If you are able to retrieve Small Castle from the trash after playing it, you can play it again later to gain further Castles.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Neat card interactions that were useful in the game you found them in.
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2017, 06:30:44 pm »
+2

Sacrifice/Rogue/[Nobles]

Sacrifice something for the effect, then take it back with Rogue.  Works best with hybrid cards: Nobles, Harem, Mill, etc. get you a lot of bang for your buck.

Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2017, 02:21:09 pm »

Bridge Troll/Ferry/Villa

Because occasionally, you just want to empty a pile in one turn to prove you can.

Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

JThorne

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2017, 02:38:52 pm »

Because occasionally, you just want to empty a pile in one turn to prove you can.

Did that with Highway/Forum once. Highway will take its +buys where it can get them.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »

Bridge Troll/Ferry/Villa

Quarry/ferry opening gives in on t3. I did it once in a league game, don't have the number tho :(
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

JThorne

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2017, 09:17:22 am »

All this talk of piling out Villas makes me want to take a moment to offer a special message to all of the non-drawing Villages out there. Villa, Shanty Town, Festival, Squire, sometimes even Nobles. Sometimes you guys are great. Sometimes you're the only source of +Action and we have to live with you. Other times, you're just Necropolises (Necropoli?) with delusions of grandeur, offering us a +buy and maybe some coin in a desperate attempt to make us like you. (Fishing Village and Native Village, you guys get a pass.)

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2017, 10:03:43 am »
+1

Necropoles.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2017, 11:58:15 pm »

Advancing Rats was kind of fun.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2017, 04:02:04 am »
+3

Necropoleis.

#greekisnotajoke

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2017, 01:40:31 am »
+3

Familiar/Apothecary/Transmogrify! Once the Curses have been handed out, transmogrify your Familiars into Apothecaries and your Curses into Coppers.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +513
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2017, 02:43:01 pm »
+2

Played a RL game last night. Chose Lurker, Fortress and Tower. Did not realize the synergy. My wife immediately picked it up and used it to beat me.

Jacob marley

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jacob Marley
  • Respect: +139
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2017, 04:29:24 pm »

Settlers and Forager.  The settlers can find your untrashed coppers in your discard.  Works for other trash from your hand cards as well.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2017, 04:33:53 pm »
+1

Played a RL game last night. Chose Lurker, Fortress and Tower. Did not realize the synergy. My wife immediately picked it up and used it to beat me.

I was really disappointed in myself for not noticing Lurker/Fortress the first time I encountered it.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2017, 04:39:52 pm »
+2

I was thinking "what has watchtower to do with Lurker/Fortress" and "does he know that you can't topdeck a fortress you lurk" for a couple of minutes before realizing that it was Tower and not Watchtower.

Dominion is running out of things to put on cards.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +513
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2017, 12:59:17 pm »

I usually win - and I usually pick up the synergies/combos that she doesn't notice - so it was a very satisfying moment for her.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.