Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Neat card interactions that were useful in the game you found them in.

(1/224) > >>

Chris is me:
PPE: Interactions between landscapes and/or cards are also allowed

So uh, there's this other thread, right? Where people post when they find a card interaction that seems novel. 90% of the posts in that thread are people who wish to share what they found immediately after playing a game online. Tons of things in that thread are useful, but often they involve more than two cards, so we're subjected to completely endless and infuriating debate every single time someone wants to share a card interaction about whether or not it is "common enough" to be "potentially useful". It's funny, because that thread was made to avoid discussions about "combos" since that word itself has a loaded definition which was endlessly debated. But I digress.

So here is the criteria for posting in this thread:
1. Post interactions between multiple cards here which result in novel, interesting, and/or particularly effective synergy.
2. Post interactions between cards that you have observed, in an actual game of Dominion at least once. If it happened at least once, that's cool. If it's a purely theoretical 8 card combo, maybe not?

As long as those criteria are met, it can be posted. I mean really, I'm not going to breathe down anyone's neck rigorously checking this, but at some point in the future someone is going to cite this post as a reason something shouldn't get posted, so I'm going out of my way to be inclusive here.

Maybe, finally, with this almost identical thread with a very slightly different topic, we won't have pages and pages of people derailing with their tired arguments about how common or rare something is, as if we all always play full random games and as if we all only use that thread for practical advice and not just discussion. Or if you think this whole thing is silly and doesn't deserve a splinter topic, we can stop derailing the existing thread? You can't have it both ways. Either the content doesn't belong in the other thread, so we need a new one for that content; or it does belong in the other thread and we should stop tolerating constant derailment.

Deadlock39:
I played a few games the other day with the selection set of Empires plus the new second edition cards. We got Charm, Royal Blacksmith, and City Quarter. It was Cwazy.

werothegreat:

--- Quote from: Deadlock39 on February 07, 2017, 10:57:55 am ---I played a few games the other day with the selection set of Empires plus the new second edition cards. We got Charm, Royal Blacksmith, and City Quarter. It was Cwazy.

--- End quote ---

I will often deliberately put those cards in a game together because I enjoy that interaction.

UmbrageOfSnow:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on February 07, 2017, 11:04:01 am ---
--- Quote from: Deadlock39 on February 07, 2017, 10:57:55 am ---I played a few games the other day with the selection set of Empires plus the new second edition cards. We got Charm, Royal Blacksmith, and City Quarter. It was Cwazy.

--- End quote ---

I will often deliberately put those cards in a game together because I enjoy that interaction.

--- End quote ---

I never play random games at home, we deliberately make kingdoms with interesting interactions in them and play those, usually three games in a row with the same kingdom.  That thread, and I guess this one, are a good source to mine for ideas.

Jack Rudd:
I once had a game on Isotropic with Governor, Black Market and Minion in it. That made for an amusing variant on the old Council Room - Militia decks we all know and love.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version