Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Throne Room + Band of Misfits + Embargo + Lurker  (Read 1584 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Throne Room + Band of Misfits + Embargo + Lurker
« on: February 05, 2017, 06:38:11 am »

A variant of this came up on the Shuffle It Forum, but I don't totally follow the answer. It's admittedly contrived, although it's not just these 4 cards that cause the problem, so I do imagine that it comes up.

Throne BoM, picking embargo as the first action. Now BoM is in the trash, so a second choice may be made. Choose lurker. Can Lurker regain the trashed BoM?

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +198
    • View Profile
Re: Throne Room + Band of Misfits + Embargo + Lurker
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 10:31:03 am »
+6

A variant of this came up on the Shuffle It Forum, but I don't totally follow the answer. It's admittedly contrived, although it's not just these 4 cards that cause the problem, so I do imagine that it comes up.

Throne BoM, picking embargo as the first action. Now BoM is in the trash, so a second choice may be made. Choose lurker. Can Lurker regain the trashed BoM?
I can see no reason why it shouldn't.  Lurker allows you to gain an Action card from the trash.  The BoM is in the trash and is an Action card.

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
Re: Throne Room + Band of Misfits + Embargo + Lurker
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 11:24:39 pm »
+1

According to the wiki, yes.

"If you use Throne Room on Band of Misfits, choosing to play Band of Misfits as a self-trashing card (for example, Feast), the Band of Misfits will be in the trash after the first play as Feast, meaning it has left play. Throne Room then plays Band of Misfits again (getting token effects again, if there are any), allowing you to make a new choice as to what Band of Misfits should emulate. However, since Band of Misfits is in the trash, you will only get the on-play effects of the emulated card. Similar logic applies to one-shots that do not trash themselves, but still leave play, such as Island, as well as the case where there are no non-empty Action supply piles cheap enough for Band of Misfits to copy.
Under this ruling, it is possible for a multiplied Band of Misfits to trash itself (emulating any trashing one-shot), then gain itself back out of the trash (emulating Lurker, or etc.)."

Source:
http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Band_of_Misfits
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.