Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I want more expansions, but...  (Read 3927 times)

Omastar68

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Omastar68
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
I want more expansions, but...
« on: February 03, 2017, 03:58:55 pm »
+1

I bought the first edition of the base game a while ago. Don''t ask me why not the 2nd edition or Intrigue, idk. Was really stupid honestly.

Anyways, after that I did some binge shopping, getting Cornucopia & Guilds, and later Dark Ages and Adventures. Hinterlands was somewhere in there, and I also have two copies of it do to a shipping error(got one for free!)

I didn't go for Empires cause we live in an apartment and there's not a lot of space. Even though I really like the early expansions, especially Seaside I think, that I first started playing w/ a while ago at my friends house, I didn't get them because I thought I'd have access to them via my friend. Maybe someday that will happen, but I'd really like at least a few of the other expansions sooner.

So I was thinking to look for a big box set, like all the expansions, and try to negotiate a price for just the ones I don't have plus maybe 2nd ed base cards and old/new Intrigue ones. But I'm not seeing that anywhere's so can someone direct me to where I could buy Seaside, Prosperity, Intrigue, Alchemy, and Empires? Preferably all together or at least some, bundles are a better deal. Promos would be cool too(really like Prince, Summon, and Black Market.)

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
Re: I want more expansions, but...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 06:02:20 pm »
+2

I don't think you will be able to find those specifically in a big box. Also, make sure to by them online, they are so much cheaper.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 06:13:31 pm »
+2

Boardgamegeek and ebay are probably your best bet, especially if you're looking for second-hand copies.

I don't understand your comment about Empires--it doesn't take up any more space (either in or out of the box) than Adventures does.

You won't find any other bundles for sale other than the Big Box, which includes Alchemy, Prosperity, and the 2nd Edition of Base (if you get the 2nd Edition Big Box). (There's also the Cornucopia/Guilds bundle, but you already have that).

There are about a billion storage solutions out there (on this site, on boardgamegeek, and via Google). Most of them involve buying a large box from a craft store and modifying it somehow. I don't know exactly what sort of space issues you have and don't want to discuss a stranger's apartment over the internet, but a third-party storage solution is probably your best bet to reduce space.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:25:00 pm by Marcory »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:51:38 pm »
+2

You won't find any other bundles for sale other than the Big Box, which includes Alchemy, Prosperity, and the 2nd Edition of Base (if you get the 2nd Edition Big Box). (There's also the Cornucopia/Guilds bundle, but you already have that).

2nd edition big box has Base + Intrigue + cards for up to 6 players.

http://riograndegames.com/Game/1320-Dominion-Big-Box-II

Omastar68

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 09:11:37 pm »
+1

Boardgamegeek and ebay are probably your best bet, especially if you're looking for second-hand copies.

I don't understand your comment about Empires--it doesn't take up any more space (either in or out of the box) than Adventures does.

There are about a billion storage solutions out there (on this site, on boardgamegeek, and via Google). Most of them involve buying a large box from a craft store and modifying it somehow. I don't know exactly what sort of space issues you have and don't want to discuss a stranger's apartment over the internet, but a third-party storage solution is probably your best bet to reduce space.

Thank you, and that is confusing, sorry.

I didn't think to go to in-depth, but basically I got all the expansions my friend's family doesn't have-except 2nd ed cards and Empires. My mother always complains about space, but it is largely unwarranted, hence why I'm in the market now.

Even though it doesn't take more space, I had logic for getting the expansions I have(except first ed base!), and for not getting the other early ones. Empires was new to me(it still is, really,) and not particularly appealing, so I didn't want to get nagged at about buying more boxes if I wasn't that into it anyways. But now I kinda want that too lol.

EDIT: there are actually a number of other bundles on eBay. ofc, I don't need a copy of any expansion, so that does me no good unless someone will negotiate.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:00:51 pm by Omastar68 »

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 11:41:06 am »
+1

You can always throw away the extra boxes.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Omastar68

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 02:37:02 pm »

lol, creative :P, but I think the space problem is mostly other people's stuff, and the boxes are so pretty too. Really it isn't that much of a problem. My mother is kind of...unintelligent and exaggerates "problems" like this.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 02:53:30 pm »

lol, creative :P, but I think the space problem is mostly other people's stuff, and the boxes are so pretty too. Really it isn't that much of a problem. My mother is kind of...unintelligent and exaggerates "problems" like this.

Surely you have at least one friend who can store some old boxes for you in their basement/attic/crawl space/garage etc.

Omastar68

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 04:05:16 pm »
+1

Surely you have at least one friend who can store some old boxes for you in their basement/attic/crawl space/garage etc.

Uh, well...not really. I don't have many friends. But seriously, I think we're good on space and I could handle 5 more boxes no problem. I'll just reorganize a bit, no one else is any good at it it seems like, so it ends up feeling like there's less space than there is.

I managed to find a seller on eBay offering a great deal on a few expansions. $100 + 20 shipping for the base(1st ed,) plus Intrigue(also old,) Prosperity, G & C, Hinterlands, Alchemy, Dark Ages, and the other I can't tell. He took the listing down, presumably to make the one I want instead. So I can only see the picture, and even though it looks like a Dominion box none of them are that color...idk

Anyways, it looks like I'll be able to get most of the cards I want from him. Unfortunately Seaside isn't one of them, I think.

EDIT: I'm getting Empires in a few days, which is exciting. The guy on eBay hasn't done anything, idk what's happening there. He doesn't have seaside anyways though. I've been looking for that, and it seems to be very expensive, generally around $70 which is ridiculous. The cheapest I've seen is $36, one on an auction for eBay, the other from a site I've never seen before, and while you can buy it it's not in stock so they'll just ship it when they get it. No discount for that wait, and $36 isn't cheap so forget it. I mean Empires was $23 dollars w/ the Summon promo, and every other expansion I've bought has been less too. I suppose it's a better deal then the 2nd ed.base cards I bought, but still. Why is this so expensive? It's not like it's way better than the other expansions.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 03:57:26 pm by Omastar68 »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 05:52:22 pm »
+4

EDIT: I'm getting Empires in a few days, which is exciting. The guy on eBay hasn't done anything, idk what's happening there. He doesn't have seaside anyways though. I've been looking for that, and it seems to be very expensive, generally around $70 which is ridiculous. The cheapest I've seen is $36, one on an auction for eBay, the other from a site I've never seen before, and while you can buy it it's not in stock so they'll just ship it when they get it. No discount for that wait, and $36 isn't cheap so forget it. I mean Empires was $23 dollars w/ the Summon promo, and every other expansion I've bought has been less too. I suppose it's a better deal then the 2nd ed.base cards I bought, but still. Why is this so expensive? It's not like it's way better than the other expansions.
It's because Seaside has been out of stock from RGG. In that situation online stores tend to raise the price.

Seaside will be reprinted (and then, one expects, will not cost more than other sets); it would have been more timely but flu season slowed things down.

Omastar68

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 12:25:15 pm »

http://n.stuccu.com/s/Rio+Grande+Games+Dominion

So I looked up "Rio Grande Games Dominion," and I found that Amazon has a listing for the 2nd edition base, and it costs a cent(i have the base and 2nd ed. cards-boy don't I feel bad for buying both-but this is just so little I can't really justify NOT getting it.) Immediately I figured the shipping cost would be huge...but it was free.

Now that's obviously very good, but WTH? I mean it costs way more than a penny just to ship it, never mind that it's also an awesome product.

I mean I guess it could just be someone essentially giving it away for free cause they're nice, but what about Intrigue 2nd ed? Was like $12 w/ shipping, but that's still less than half of each other expansion I've bought. Is this the kind of price I should be looking for before buying an expansion?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.