Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Champion and Reactions  (Read 1465 times)

Omastar68

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Omastar68
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Champion and Reactions
« on: February 03, 2017, 03:38:23 pm »

Even though Champion gives protection from attacks, are you still able to reveal, say, a Horse Trader to an enemy Witch?

My guess would be yes, since it seems like the protection should be like revealing a Moat, where you can also reveal any number of other reactions for attacks. But maybe Champ treats it like there is no attack.

Lighthouse lets you play reactions, and is also a duration w/ forced protection. So I see no reason Champ would be different, but it seems worth clarifying since the Wiki page doesn't say.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Champion and Reactions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 03:51:13 pm »
+5

Yes.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 04:37:55 pm »
+5

Yes. Horse Traders, Secret Chamber and Moat all have the trigger "when an opponent plays an attack card", and don't care whether you would be affected by the attack. (Indeed, they have to be revealed before the opponent decides whether he's doing any attacking in the cases of Pirate Ship and Minion.)

Watchtower, Trader and Tunnel, which all react to the effects of an attack rather than the attack itself, are another matter. If I've got Champion in play and you play Followers, I can't reveal a Trader to gain a Silver, nor can I discard a Tunnel to gain a Gold, because the attack-blocking is preventing the effects that trigger those Reactions.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 05:05:52 pm »
+2

Yes. Horse Traders, Secret Chamber Diplomat and Moat all have the trigger "when an opponent plays an attack card", and don't care whether you would be affected by the attack. (Indeed, they have to be revealed before the opponent decides whether he's doing any attacking in the cases of Pirate Ship and Minion.)

Watchtower, Trader and Tunnel, which all react to the effects of an attack rather than the attack itself, are another matter. If I've got Champion in play and you play Followers, I can't reveal a Trader to gain a Silver, nor can I discard a Tunnel to gain a Gold, because the attack-blocking is preventing the effects that trigger those Reactions.

Fixed
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 10:18:26 pm »
+2

Yes. Horse Traders, Secret Chamber, Moat, Diplomat, Beggar and Caravan Guard all have the trigger "when an opponent plays an attack card", and don't care whether you would be affected by the attack. (Indeed, they have to be revealed before the opponent decides whether he's doing any attacking in the cases of Pirate Ship and Minion.)

Fixed
Fixed
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.