Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: PROcession on a Duration  (Read 7495 times)

Omastar68

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Omastar68
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
PROcession on a Duration
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:12:54 pm »

I couldn't find this, but how's it work? What I think is the duration is trashed normally, and Procession stays out however long giving the effect of that Processed card.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: PROcession on a Duration
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:15:53 pm »
+1

I couldn't find this, but how's it work? What I think is the duration is trashed normally, and Procession stays out however long giving the effect of that Processed card.

You could just look up in your rulebook if you have it IRL or on the wiki if you don't.

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Procession says

If you use Procession on a Duration card (from Seaside), Procession will stay out until your next turn and the Duration card will have its effect twice on your next turn, even though the Duration card is trashed.

Omastar68

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Omastar68
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:38:45 pm »

You could just look up in your rulebook if you have it IRL or on the wiki if you don't.

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Procession says

If you use Procession on a Duration card (from Seaside), Procession will stay out until your next turn and the Duration card will have its effect twice on your next turn, even though the Duration card is trashed.

Thanks, can't believe I missed that!

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:55:28 pm »
+1

If you Procession a Procession, and use that second Procession to play a Duration, then both the second Procession and the Duration get trashed and the first Procession is discarded normally (since it wasn't directly copying any card), meaning you get a Duration effect with no cards in play to remind you about it. Good luck!

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 11:54:31 pm »

If you Procession a Procession, and use that second Procession to play a Duration, then both the second Procession and the Duration get trashed and the first Procession is discarded normally (since it wasn't directly copying any card), meaning you get a Duration effect with no cards in play to remind you about it. Good luck!

Actually with the new ruling and hireling+procession, you only need one procession for this effect to take place (or at least as I remember)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 01:14:53 am »
+1

Actually with the new ruling and hireling+procession, you only need one procession for this effect to take place (or at least as I remember)
Oh yeah, you might be right. The new ruling is that with the Hireling out of play, Proc gets discarded normally.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 09:27:49 am »

Oh yeah, you might be right. The new ruling is that with the Hireling out of play, Proc gets discarded normally.

Wait, when was this? It sounds vaguely familiar... but does this mean that the answer to the question given here is wrong too? Or is this something special to Hireling?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 09:55:38 am »

Wait, when was this? It sounds vaguely familiar... but does this mean that the answer to the question given here is wrong too? Or is this something special to Hireling?

Well, there was a new ruling that Throne Rooms on Durations stay out as long as the Duration stays out (so a Throne Room on a Tactician would still stay out, even if it doesn't do anything).  However, I'm not sure if this includes a Duration leaving play early, such as being trashed by Procession or Bonfire.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 10:29:10 am »

Well, there was a new ruling that Throne Rooms on Durations stay out as long as the Duration stays out (so a Throne Room on a Tactician would still stay out, even if it doesn't do anything).  However, I'm not sure if this includes a Duration leaving play early, such as being trashed by Procession or Bonfire.

If true, this is a major factor in the Procession vs. Throne Room battle.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 10:42:45 am »

Right, I remember now. Yeah that was specifically about avoiding the complexity of deciding if the Throne Room was still doing/tracking anything. But I think the rule was intended to make the Throne Room stay out with the Duration even if it wasn't tracking anything, not to cause it to leave play if the Duration leaves play.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 07:54:55 am »

The relevant new ruling was made in the Empires rulebook:
Additionally, if a card such as Throne Room plays a Duration card
multiple times, that card also stays in play until the Duration card leaves play, to track the fact that
the Duration card was played multiple times.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 09:26:55 am »

multiple times, that card also stays in play until the Duration card leaves play, to track the fact that

So the question becomes: does this override Procession's FAQ?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 11:44:08 am »

Read literally it does; but I really don't think he intended that....

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 05:43:47 pm »
+2

Yes, and Procession's FAQ will change someday to match the new rules for Duration cards.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 10:30:18 pm »

Yes, and Procession's FAQ will change someday to match the new rules for Duration cards.

I assumed the Procession/Duration rule was still the same (especially given the Procession FAQ), that's why I made this post, and Chris is Me made this reply about how to look at it. But you're saying Procession on a Duration will always be discarded that turn?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 11:06:03 pm »
+1

I assumed the Procession/Duration rule was still the same (especially given the Procession FAQ), that's why I made this post, and Chris is Me made this reply about how to look at it. But you're saying Procession on a Duration will always be discarded that turn?
The most recently printed rules for Duration cards are actually actually the current rules, and when I answered that question I was actually actually answering that question. Actually!

I don't know why people sometimes need me to say these things over and over. I guess incredulity? The idea as always is that changing the rules here improved them. The new rule for Throned Duration cards contradicts the existing Procession FAQ; that unfortunately was essential to changing the rule.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 01:30:40 am »

I don't know why people sometimes need me to say these things over and over. I guess incredulity?

It has happened on a few occasions that you have misspoken (miswritten?) and then realized this when asked. I thought this issue was worth double checking. Thanks for replying.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 02:17:38 am »
+1

Read literally, this appears to imply Procession is discarded when the Duration card it plays is trashed, rather than during the cleanup phase.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 02:58:27 am »
+1

Read literally, this appears to imply Procession is discarded when the Duration card it plays is trashed, rather than during the cleanup phase.
It is discarded in that turn's Clean-up.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.