Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Use Artificer  (Read 1981 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Use Artificer
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:13:29 pm »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20161106/log.0.1478456646792.txt

Code: [Select]
Plan, Herbalist, Develop, Oracle, Warehouse, Baron, Artificer, Ghost Ship, Haunted Woods, Mountebank, Relic
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Re: Use Artificer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:47:16 pm »
+5

Artificer is a must on a Haunted Woods board with junking and weak trashing.if for no other reason than to cancel the HW attack effects. But it's also a lot easier to gain cards with Artificer starting with 8 card hands.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 01:38:41 pm »

Artificer is awesome.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Omastar68

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Omastar68
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 11:43:05 am »
+1

I bought some expansions irl, but online don't really wanna buy anything. So boards like this can feel a bit overwhelming, would like to get some feedback on what I'd do.

So first I was thinking Plan/ Baron. Plan is only trashing, besides Develop(which looks strong here) and Baron gets you those early big money turns for all the crucial 5s...plus just Gold, since there's no +2 action. Trashing Copper also makes it easier to match Baron w/ an Estate, and there's also a lot of draw.

Since Baron also gives buys I was thinking no Herbalist at first, but putting a treasure back seems great since there's Relic and no real engine possibility here. 2/5 I'm almost sure Herbalist would be bought, 5 maybe Relic? I'm guessing Mountebank is a very good early buy here too, like normal, but which 5 do you go for first?

You're only playing one terminal at most each turn, So Oracle is useless right?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 12:20:54 pm »
+1

Herbalist is for sure skippable. You just don't have the terminal space to possibly justify it. Even if Relic every turn was super great, it's not so good that it's worth skipping Mountebank.

Plan / Baron isn't terrible actually. It basically guarantees $5 next shuffle. But you really only want one Baron at most, and after a short time it will never ever line up, so there goes that. I don't think you can Plan on the open, and when you do Plan it should go on Warehouse or Artificer - a card you're generally willing to buy more than 1 of.

I like Develop / Silver to open. Develop at least makes Estates into Silvers or Warehouses, and later it'll thin Curses if you didn't draw a better terminal. Develop / Baron might seem okay - you can use Baron once or twice to spike big numbers and then as soon as you get the chance Develop it into a $5 and a $3 - but, that probably won't work out at all with all the junk, so I wouldn't bother.

Mountebank is the first priority. I think your next 5 should be Haunted Woods, then Artificer, sprinkling a few more HWs in there as you get the space. I'm sure a pair of Relics finds their way in there.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Omastar68

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Omastar68
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 01:22:15 pm »

Herbalist is for sure skippable. You just don't have the terminal space to possibly justify it. Even if Relic every turn was super great, it's not so good that it's worth skipping Mountebank.

Plan / Baron isn't terrible actually. It basically guarantees $5 next shuffle. But you really only want one Baron at most, and after a short time it will never ever line up, so there goes that. I don't think you can Plan on the open, and when you do Plan it should go on Warehouse or Artificer - a card you're generally willing to buy more than 1 of.

I like Develop / Silver to open. Develop at least makes Estates into Silvers or Warehouses, and later it'll thin Curses if you didn't draw a better terminal. Develop / Baron might seem okay - you can use Baron once or twice to spike big numbers and then as soon as you get the chance Develop it into a $5 and a $3 - but, that probably won't work out at all with all the junk, so I wouldn't bother.

Mountebank is the first priority. I think your next 5 should be Haunted Woods, then Artificer, sprinkling a few more HWs in there as you get the space. I'm sure a pair of Relics finds their way in there.

lol, should've figured on Herbalist. Even mentioned that w/ Oracle. I thought Ghost Ship would be bad for for the same reason, though it does mess with Warehouse(is it worth it if they put a Plan on Warehouse? I mean they can just move it...)

Develop/Silver sounds really good. It's easy to wanna try being too fancy w/ Barons and Plan. But Plan is to trash junk, and Develop can do that and more at the cost of the sole terminal slot. idk about Plan on Develop, I like the idea of it on Artificer. Warehouse is good too...and you can Develop them if the opponent starts buying Ghost Ships(I like it for the Flying Dutchman, lol...but never actually used it.)
Thanks!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 01:17:28 pm »

Nobody gets the joke! :(
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.