Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "when you trash this"  (Read 1972 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
"when you trash this"
« on: January 27, 2017, 08:06:06 pm »

If I use Lurker to trash a Cultist from the supply, I draw three cards (assuming ShuffleIt has it right). If I hit opponent's Cultist with a Swindler, my opponent draws three cards. Why is the "you" that's trashing this the current player in one case and the owner of the Cultist in the other?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: "when you trash this"
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 08:11:59 pm »
+9

If I use Lurker to trash a Cultist from the supply, I draw three cards (assuming ShuffleIt has it right). If I hit opponent's Cultist with a Swindler, my opponent draws three cards. Why is the "you" that's trashing this the current player in one case and the owner of the Cultist in the other?

Swindler tells the other player to trash a card - it's not you trashing their card.  Whereas with Lurker, it's telling you to trash a card from the Supply.  Compare to Market Square "when one of your cards is trashed", which does not care about Lurker trashing.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 10:14:39 pm »
+1

Swindler tells the other player to trash a card - it's not you trashing their card.  Whereas with Lurker, it's telling you to trash a card from the Supply.  Compare to Market Square "when one of your cards is trashed", which does not care about Lurker trashing.

I can't remember for sure, but I believe it's never possible to trash an opponent's card. All trashing attacks force them to trash a card, as opposed to you trashing a card. Before Lurker and Salt of the Earth,  there was no difference between "when one of your cards is trashed", and "when you trash a card."
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:55:16 am »

ah, I get it

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 12:43:23 pm »
+1

I can't remember for sure, but I believe it's never possible to trash an opponent's card. All trashing attacks force them to trash a card, as opposed to you trashing a card. Before Lurker and Salt of the Earth,  there was no difference between "when one of your cards is trashed", and "when you trash a card."

Also, Lurker/Salt the Earth/Gladiator don't trigger Market Square
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 20 queries.