Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Mod] King's Courtier (Chrome Plugin)  (Read 4781 times)

Icehawk78

• Swindler
  • Shuffle iT Username: Nicholas Galauxy
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
[Mod] King's Courtier (Chrome Plugin)
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:45:23 pm »
+8

This is still very much a work in progress, but it was suggested that I post this here, since the other two mods are also here.

King's Courtier is a Chrome Plugin that adds some extra functionality to the Shuffle iT site. Currently there are only two features, but more are in progress:

• Kingdom Text View - This replaces all cards' images in the kingdom with their associated card text.
  • Repeat Kingdom Button - This adds a "Repeat Kingdom" button to the end of game scoring screen, which when clicked will set every card in the kingdom just played as a required card.

Download from here:  https://github.com/Icehawk78/kings_courtier/releases

Configuration:

I'm working on a screen that will let you change which options are active, but in the meantime, you can change the options by opening your Javascript Console (on Windows, ctrl-shift-j) and running this:

Turn off the text-view kingdom:
Code: [Select]
KC.update_preference('kingdom_text', false);
Turn off the repeat kingdom button:
KC.update_preference('show_repeat', false);

Icehawk78

• Swindler
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] King's Courtier (Chrome Plugin)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 06:11:28 am »
+5

Finally getting around to updating this post.

I now have the full Kingdom viewer working, which also now allows for naming of cards that are not in visible piles, including split pile cards, individual knights, shelters, and ruins.

Installation instructions:

This can be installed via the Chrome Web Store at King's Courtier or by downloading it directly from Github.

To open the Kingdom viewer, simply click the "Kingdom" button on the left.

You will then be presented with this screen:

Some notes:

• The black market deck will not be a secret if you use this. I've looked into it, and unfortunately the only way for me at this time to hide the black market contents would unfortunately also risk leaking which cards are in your opponent's hand, due to the way the client model is structured.
  • Any input that is waiting on you will be obscured by the card list. I can look into changing this later, but for now, make sure you close it when not actively watching so you know when it's your turn.
  • When you play a "name any card" effect card, opening the Kingdom view will allow you to select all cards. (If this doesn't work, please let me know so I can update it.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:19:08 am by Icehawk78 »

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:40:34 am »

This is a fantastic update to the mod and adds some much needed features.

Just one question: I'm really curious about the technical details behind not showing the BM deck in the Kingdom view resulting in leaking your opponent's hand. How does that work?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Icehawk78

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:00:57 am »

This is a fantastic update to the mod and adds some much needed features.

Just one question: I'm really curious about the technical details behind not showing the BM deck in the Kingdom view resulting in leaking your opponent's hand. How does that work?

The issue is that three black market deck contents themselves are actually hidden, but unfortunately there's only one other zone in the game that has hidden contents - the opponent's hand. As such, there's currently no way for me to know the difference between, say, a knight that has been purchased but is in the opponent's hand, and a knight that has not been purchased from the black market.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 10:18:50 pm »

Will you be implementing SparklePig?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Icehawk78

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 01:59:06 pm »

Will you be implementing SparklePig?

90% likely not, at least not as it currently is. If I can come up with a way to display the information that fits with the rest of the styling, then possibly.

More likely would be an option that defaults to showing the player mats when there is anything relevant on them, but I'm not sure how that would interact or work with a 3+ player game. If I do implement this, it would likely just be a box that shows active duration cards or something to that effect.

Icehawk78

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 10:23:40 am »
+2

I've uploaded a new version of this extension to the Chrome Web Store, available here, which implements a crude version of player zone indicators, to remind you if any player has cards set aside in various zones.

There's not really much information, but I'm open to alternative methods of displaying what I do have available to me.

Gasku

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 05:05:35 pm »

Hi, it is a bit sad that this plugin doesn't work. The "Repeat kingdom" button was a very important feature, that should be in the base game.
Any chance of fix it? I took a look at the code, and tried to why this is not working anymore:
publicTableService.changeRule(new TableRule(TableRuleIds.REQUIRED_CARDS, -1, kingdom));
Any help?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.