Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60  All

Author Topic: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 150870 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Game Over)
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:22:46 pm »

Welcome to M94: Squid Girl Mafia

This is a closed setup for 13 players. Some information about the setup is included in the second post.

Playerlist:
  • LaLight*
  • Calamitas
  • Awaclus
  • SpaceAnemone
  • Faust
  • Dylan32
  • gkrieg13*
  • schadd
  • Robz888
  • Roadrunner7671
  • JaketheBaseballGod22
  • IDontPlayThisGame
  • mcmcsalot

* indicates a prod

Mod: Umbrageofsnow

Setup Balance Assistance From: Ashersky
Tagged: The_Wine_Merchant

Navigation:
Day 1 Start
schadd, a Vanilla Townie, is lynched.
Day 2 Starts with the death of Dylan32, a Town Bodyguard.
Day 2 ends with Robz' lynch.  He was a VT.
Day 3 Starts.  gkrieg13, a Vanilla Towvie was killed.

Rules:

The normal Rules of Mafia apply, with the following additions and changes
General
  • This is the mod color.  You may not use this color, or very small text, or any sort of stenography or encryption I deem likely to hurt the game.
  • All players will have personal QTs that they may post in at any time.
  • Questions will be answered, errors fixed, and rule-breaking punished at mod discretion.  I'll try my best to be fair and impartial and make sure everyone has fun, but some questions may not be answered and some things may not be resolved the way you want.  Complain about it via PM or QT, not in thread.
  • Mod communications of any kind may not be directly quoted in thread, although they may be paraphrased.
Voting
  • You may Vote: No LynchIf half, rounded up, of the living players vote this way, a No Lynch is achieved and the day ends.
  • Voting must be in bold to count.  If I recognize it as a vote for someone, it counts as a vote.  Ambiguity kills, kids.  If I don't know who you are voting for, it doesn't count.  Errors should be pointed out in thread, but if you were just being too weird for me to figure out what you meant, just revote.
  • Unvotes are not required to change your vote.
Deadlines & Prods
  • Game days will last 8 real life days.  Nights will last 2 days.  At the start of the phase I may announce that there wiss be a bit of extra time to line things up with my schedule.
  • All players still alive are required to check in during the night in (at least one of) their QT(s).
  • Night Actions may be submitted up until 2 hours before the next day starts.
  • When time for the day is up and no majority has been reached, the day results in a No Lynch.  If your vote is 1 second after the set deadline, that vote does not count, whether I've locked the thread or not.
  • Prods will be issued after 48 hours without posting in the game thread, unless you have declared V/LA.  A player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after that I'll start trying to find a replacement.  If you post in thread before I do, that's fine.  After 3 prods, players are subject to replacement or modkill, at the mods' discretion.  I might send out pokes before you're eligible for a prod, these have no consequences attached and are just to get you posting again and let you know you're close to being prodded.  But I'm not promising to always do so.
  • I'm happy to send prods by email or some other means if people like, but prods will be sent by PM on site by default. Let me know by PM if you have some other preference.
  • Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT or PM. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:20:36 am by ashersky »

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (sign-ups are open!)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 02:25:10 pm »

Setup Information

This is a closed invented game.  It should be relatively "normal" in that I have a name for each role I'm considering written down on a notepad, and if you saw it, you could look at the Mafiascum wiki or Faust or Ash's list of roles and understand essentially what everything does, although I don't guaruntee that any given list contains exactly what I've used.

I guarantee that there are at least 5 Vanilla Townies and at least 1 Goon.  Example PMs below.

I intend for the roles to  be tied to the theme, but the game should be unbreakable by flavor, and no knowledge of the flavor is required.  There will be a link among the scum team's true flavor, but they will be provided fake flavor claims from among the pool of non-scum flavor.  Which flavors have a PR and which don't will be determined at random, but flavors will link in some way to the power they have if they do get a power.  Be warned that this may sometimes require a bit of squinting.

If they ask at night in the scum QT or at any time during the day in their private QT, scum players may ask me to create the PM I'd have sent them if they had some hypothetical role.  If they exactly name a role a town member has, I promise they will recieve the same rules text as that town role.  If they exactly name a flavor name and role name, I'll just give them your PM outright (with player name removed). I'll err on the side of giving scum more information over allowing them to be outed by flavor.  This may provide scum with additional information if they are clever and you do a lot of claiming or soft claiming.  You have been warned.

Flavor randomization method
I've made a pool of 16 flavor names.  Next to most of them I've written a potential power role.  I'll use random.org to generate a randomized list, and assume the first couple names belong to the anti-town faction.  When a common theme suggests itself (and off the top of my head, I can think of several reasonable options, there are probably more, because I'm not tied to any big idea of the "story" here) I will pick a set of 3 "real" flavor claims for the scumteam, possibly pulling in one character from further down the list.  Flavor may hint at or outright give away these names.  The scumteam will collectively be provided with the names of the first 3 non-scum flavors on the list.  These may or may not bear some connection to the actual scumteam (they're still random), so you can't assume a scum-related-sounding flavor claim is confirmed town or scum.  After this is all resolved, I'll randomly assign PRs from among the town.  This may be perfectly random or may take the form of "I need to add some kind of investigative PR for balance, hmm, these 3 have investigative PRs, roll 1d3." When the setup looks balanced, I'll play around with it a bit, maybe simulating some games using random numbers to make random choices, talk about it with someone (probably Ash) and tweak the roles as needed for balance.  Everyone else is a VT.  I may or may not add scum power roles during this process, as balance demands.  If there are any flaws in this method, please point them out!

I guarantee there are no flavor cops in this game.

If there are any scum powers, the same player may both use their power and carry out the night kill.

Once PMs are sent, Day 1 will start after all players have confirmed and 48 hours have passed.  Some powers may be used on Night 0, others may have to wait until Night 1.  This will be made clear in your role PM.  No killing power, factional or otherwise, will be active on Night 0.  Any shared QTs will be open on Night 0.

Sample PMs

You are Delicious Shrimp, a Vanilla Townie.  Your only weapon is your vote.
You win when all non-town-aligned players have been eliminated.
This is your personal private topic, which may be used at any time.

You are Poorly-Photoshopped Inflatable Killer Whale.  You look cuddly, but can taste the flavor of blood in the water from a long way away.

You are a Town Flavor Cop.

Each night, starting with Night 1, you may target a player to investigate. At the end of Night, you will recieve either the flavor name of your target, or "No Result."

You win when all non-town-aligned players have been eliminated.
Quote from: Mafia Goon

You are A Seagull, basically a rat with wings and also a Mafia Goon. Your team consists of Yourpartner, and Yourotherpartner.

You share a Private Topic here which may only be used during the night.

You win if at least one member of your team is alive and all other players are dead or if nothing can prevent this.

You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you must attempt to night-kill a player if possible.  This kill is compulsory, if no target is selected, one will be selected for you at random from among the entire player list, to be carried out by one of your team's living members, selected at random.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:39:31 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:33:33 pm »

Any feedback on rules or information in these posts is welcome, I might have been too long winded.

I have ideas, but haven't actually rolled the setup yet, much less tried to test and balance it yet.  I'll do that tonight, and assuming you don't want to play, I'll PM you a link to the mod Quick Topic to at least look at my first draft, Ash.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 02:37:41 pm »

/tag
/cool
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 02:45:08 pm »

Triple /in!!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 02:49:18 pm »

/in sounds cool :-)
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 03:32:31 pm »

/in
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 04:18:51 pm »

/tag
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 05:22:26 pm »

/tag
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 05:22:58 pm »

I saw the players list and thought this would be a really wacky bastard game posing as M94
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 06:56:29 pm »

I saw the players list and thought this would be a really wacky bastard game posing as M94

Nah, it's just a joke.  LaLight only gets one slot.  I'll make it look normal once the list is more full or I stop being amused by my own joke.  There's not really enough to explain about it, so I'm not sure how to make it funnier.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 06:57:27 pm »

Nah, it's just a joke.  LaLight only gets one slot.  I'll make it look normal once the list is more full or I stop being amused by my own joke.  There's not really enough to explain about it, so I'm not sure how to make it funnier.

/in
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 07:16:49 pm »

\in :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 07:19:08 pm »

For the record, most/all of the flavor names are humans/humanoids, not animals.  I was just using them as examples that obviously aren't in the game and don't bias anything or cause any WIFOM.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 07:19:13 pm »

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 07:49:05 pm »

Must be on Windows.

I am at the moment, but the thing that confuses me is that I've spent the last few days working simultaneously on windows and linux :-P
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 06:54:08 am »

/in
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 11:27:05 am »

/in
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 03:55:53 pm »

Must be on Windows.
I assumed LaTeX :D

I miss writing in LaTeX :-( It's like 2.5 years since I was last lead author on a paper submitted that way. Most of my grant-writing and tech reports are in Word and/or Gdocs, now that I work in industry rather than academia :-/

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 04:07:03 pm »

Confirming setup helper.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 04:37:49 pm »

Must be on Windows.

I miss writing in LaTeX :-( It's like 2.5 years since I was last lead author on a paper submitted that way. Most of my grant-writing and tech reports are in Word and/or Gdocs, now that I work in industry rather than academia :-/
;((((((
Why can't you use latex at work?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 08:55:14 pm »

Must be on Windows.

;((((((

These days, I work with medical people (mainly radiologists) who don't have time for hand-typed markup. My last workplace had a particular filing scheme so we had to code document IDs into a special field in Word docs for our technical reports... so no chance to use LateX even for those. Mostly nowadays I welcome things like the "track changes" functionality of Word (or comments in gdocs) when I need to correct the technical detail in a colleague's writing. I guess probably there are tools to do that kind of stuff with TeX, but when I wrote my thesis, I just used an emacs buffer and a custom make file :-P

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 06:59:49 am »

Must be on Windows.

;((((((

These days, I work with medical people (mainly radiologists) who don't have time for hand-typed markup. My last workplace had a particular filing scheme so we had to code document IDs into a special field in Word docs for our technical reports... so no chance to use LateX even for those. Mostly nowadays I welcome things like the "track changes" functionality of Word (or comments in gdocs) when I need to correct the technical detail in a colleague's writing. I guess probably there are tools to do that kind of stuff with TeX, but when I wrote my thesis, I just used an emacs buffer and a custom make file :-P
Do you use emacs at work? :D

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 07:27:13 am »

Must be on Windows.

;((((((

Do you use emacs at work? :D

Sometimes! Shall we take this over to Random Stuff or somewhere else where it's a little less derailing for other people interested in this game? :-P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 19 queries.