Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Outpost + Possession + Outpost + Possession + ...  (Read 1135 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Outpost + Possession + Outpost + Possession + ...
« on: January 19, 2017, 12:55:22 am »

I think I found a way to get infinite turns.  If you play Outpost and Possession, you get to choose which happens first.  If you choose the Possessed turn, you do that, then take the Outpost turn next.  You could then play a second Outpost on that Outpost turn, but the previous turn wasn't yours, it was your opponent's, so you get yet another turn.  If you can keep managing to play an Outpost and a Possession on each Outpost turn, you could keep going infinitely.

Anyone see any flaws in my reasoning?

EDIT: I think I found the flaw - extra turns should happen in turn order, right?  So my Outpost turn should always happen before your Possessed turn.  So this doesn't work, never mind.  I shouldn't try to think of Dominion combos at 1am.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:57:47 am by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost + Possession + Outpost + Possession + ...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:24:18 pm »

Actually, I think it does work. Both turns trigger "after this one" so I can see the case being made that you get to choose which one goes first. I may be corrected on that by those more knowledgeable than me.
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost + Possession + Outpost + Possession + ...
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 10:50:25 pm »
+1

When there are multiple effects about to happen, they happen in turn order.
This means outpost turns happen before possession turns
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.