Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion for Lazy People  (Read 9282 times)

tailred

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ceviri
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
Dominion for Lazy People
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:19:30 am »
+20

(thread format shamelessly stolen from, and largely motivated by the mod by Breppert)
So I'm kind of a lazy guy, and some times I just don't feel bothered enough to move the mouse to play Dominion. It's those times that I think - why not keyboard shortcuts? After all, Prismata's a similar enough game, and it's almost entirely playable by keyboard, so why not Dominion?

Features:
- Play any card (in play, discarding, trashing, whatever) by hitting its corresponding hotkey string. For example, Laboratory's in the above screenshot is AR.
- I know what you're thinking. Two keys? How is that convenient at all? Well the thing is, the first key in each string (the prefix) is always preserved, unless you hit a different prefix. So, if we were to play a string of Labs, we could just hit ARRRRRR.
- Sometimes you want to click on something from the supply instead of from your hand, say if you want to buy a silver from the supply. If you didn't have a silver in your hand, hitting the QW hotkey will still buy it for you, but if for whatever reason you don't want to play a silver in your hand, simply hold down shift as you hit W (I'll find some way to put this information on screen.)
- End actions/turn with [space].
- When interacting with lists of things (buttons, revealed cards, etc.), if you wish to play, say, the third card from the left, you can just hit 3.
- If you want to input larger numbers (like if you want to play 12 coin tokens), you can hold down shift, type 12, then hit [P] to submit the number. If you messed up, just hold down shift again and type a new number.
- Some menus (like the traveller return menu) can be traversed with the arrow keys. Use [P] to select/submit things.
- Hit ` to activate the menu buttons (resign etc.). This also pulls up the icon menu in the bottom right, which includes search, and cycling through mats.
- Activate start-of-turn things with the corresponding number buttons.

Things to implement:
-Visualizations for sliders (especially Secret Chamber's place somewhere in deck)
-Autoplay ala MMF.

How to install:
1) Install GreaseMonkey for Firefox (I'm only officially supporting Firefox, though you can make it work in other browsers)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
2) Install my script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/26553-dominion-for-lazy-folks
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:27:03 am by tailred »

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion for Lazy People
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:56:11 pm »

I was just thinking today about how cool it would be if there were keyboard shortcuts like in Prismata.  I disagree with the philosophy of having everything done by keyboard (I never bought random units in Prismata with hotkeys, only base units), but being so used to DD, space, space it would be interesting to have something similar.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the game to end properly with Firefox.  Unless they fixed it recently, the game hangs for me when a victory condition is reached without displaying the results screen.  I like Firefox better than Chrome for one really stupid specific reason (that's not Greasemonkey), but I just play on Chrome so that the game ends properly.  Are you actually using Firefox and finishing games normally?
Stop reading my signature.

tailred

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 04:08:27 am »

I was just thinking today about how cool it would be if there were keyboard shortcuts like in Prismata.  I disagree with the philosophy of having everything done by keyboard (I never bought random units in Prismata with hotkeys, only base units), but being so used to DD, space, space it would be interesting to have something similar.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the game to end properly with Firefox.  Unless they fixed it recently, the game hangs for me when a victory condition is reached without displaying the results screen.  I like Firefox better than Chrome for one really stupid specific reason (that's not Greasemonkey), but I just play on Chrome so that the game ends properly.  Are you actually using Firefox and finishing games normally?
It works on Firefox for me on my PC, but not my mobile, where I use Chrome.

sc0UT

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: sc0UT
  • Respect: +106
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 12:33:43 pm »

I have never encountered your problem. Firefox works fine on my machine.
v50.1.0
Win7

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 07:32:13 pm »

On a mac, with macOS sierra, I get that the first cards in the supply are - [ ], none of which work.  The rest of it is awesome though.

tailred

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 09:22:54 am »
+1

On a mac, with macOS sierra, I get that the first cards in the supply are - [ ], none of which work.  The rest of it is awesome though.
Just fixed this issue.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 03:15:44 am »
+1

I have a question. I'm lazy and the installation for this seems long. Guess lazy people may be too lazy to install it.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 03:18:49 am »
+5

what are the keyboards shortcuts for installation of this app?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 01:21:34 pm »
+1

what are the keyboards shortcuts for installation of this app?

Push tab 73 times until you highlight the link...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

gkrieg13

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 03:03:41 pm »

I have an issue with a mismatch when there are more than 10 piles in the supply.  I always end up buying the wrong things.

tailred

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 05:39:43 pm »

I have an issue with a mismatch when there are more than 10 piles in the supply.  I always end up buying the wrong things.
Hmm, I remember fixing this earlier. Are you using the latest version?

mangsky

• Steward
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 11:23:06 pm »

awesome little script! thanks!
(even if I'm not all thaaaaat lazy:p)

gkrieg13

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 02:53:02 pm »

I am on the latest version. It was on a kingdom with ruins I believe.

tailred

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 07:43:27 pm »

I am on the latest version. It was on a kingdom with ruins I believe.
I'll take a look at it again tonight.

Edit: Snagged it. That was a pretty embarrassing error.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 05:34:17 am by tailred »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 01:57:03 am »

Elsewhere, you linked to this thread saying that you made it so we can name cards (like with mystic/wishing well) correctly, including shelters, non-visible ruins, etc.  I don't see this on the feature list in the OP.

Correct card-naming is the only functionality I'm interested in here (I like using the mouse -and for me mouse-only is lazier than using the keyboard anyway). The only problem is that if I use this, I can't also use the Making More ShuffleIt add-on because it's Chrome only.  :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:59:45 am by LibraryAdventurer »

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 02:17:05 am »

Elsewhere, you linked to this thread saying that you made it so we can name cards (like with mystic/wishing well) correctly, including shelters, non-visible ruins, etc.  I don't see this on the feature list in the OP.

Correct card-naming is the only functionality I'm interested in here (I like using the mouse). The only problem is that if I use this, I can't also use the Making More ShuffleIt add-on because it's Chrome only.  :P

User scripts like this generally aren't browser-dependent and work fine in any browser that has a user scripting extension (Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey, etc.) installed, or has a built-in user script manager. For example, Making More ShuffleIt works fine in my Firefox (though I did have to tweak the include rules to get it to install).

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 02:24:21 am »

Correct card-naming is the only functionality I'm interested in here (I like using the mouse). The only problem is that if I use this, I can't also use the Making More ShuffleIt add-on because it's Chrome only.  :P

User scripts like this generally aren't browser-dependent and work fine in any browser that has a user scripting extension (Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey, etc.) installed, or has a built-in user script manager. For example, Making More ShuffleIt works fine in my Firefox (though I did have to tweak the include rules to get it to install).
oh. okay. I'll try it.

tailred

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 04:44:40 am »

Uh, I tried to actually imply that I *didn't* have that implemented, what I did was just make it so that you can name cards in hand typing out their name, I guess I might have suggested something that I didn't mean to, sorry >.<

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 01:22:40 pm »

How can one autoplay by keyboard? Somehow pressing number keys doesn't work for me :/
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 03:05:31 pm »

Uh, I tried to actually imply that I *didn't* have that implemented, what I did was just make it so that you can name cards in hand typing out their name, I guess I might have suggested something that I didn't mean to, sorry >.<
oh. nevermind then.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 05:05:14 am »

Hi tailred

that addon is a great idea. Would you be willing to implement the German keyboard that has switched Y and Z keys? It's quite a pain without.

P.S. It would be beautiful if the button text could also have the shortcurt added.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:33:29 am by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

tailred

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 07:15:30 am »

Hi tailred

that addon is a great idea. Would you be willing to implement the German keyboard that has switched Y and Z keys? It's quite a pain without.

P.S. It would be beautiful if the button text could also have the shortcurt added.
I'm planning to add general customization at some point in the future, as well as the button text, but for now I'm being lazy. Watch this space!

tailred

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 07:16:01 am »

I just did an update that changes around quite a bit of functionality. Would appreciate feedback on it, especially about how intuitive/user-friendly everything is.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 02:49:25 pm »

I just did an update that changes around quite a bit of functionality. Would appreciate feedback on it, especially about how intuitive/user-friendly everything is.
I really like it, thanks for the great work :)
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.