Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 19 has started! (Rules changes)  (Read 1389 times)

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
Season 19 has started! (Rules changes)
« on: January 11, 2017, 05:23:27 am »
+8

Sorry for the delayed post, but here are some updates on what changes with the transition to ShuffleiT for the League. Let's start with an easy one:

Starting player

We are now able to determine the starting player, yay. We don't want to force you to alternate starts, but it's really easy to do. So if one player insists on alternating, please comply with his wish, you can also make him do the clicking if it's too much trouble for you.

If you both don't mind, just do whatever you feel is best.

Spectating

Please turn off the spectator ->player chat.

If you don't want your match to be spectated, that is ok aswell and should be respected.

New cards

Empires and second edition is out, and some of you might have not much experience with them. However, our default ruling continues to be playing with all cards, unless both player agree. (Check your familiar cards tab!)

Unfinished games..

...might be history! if there occurs a game breaking bug that can not be salvaged by undo, proceed as before (see: rules)

Forcing resigns

Unless you have good reason your opponent does not come back within reasonable time, please don't make use of that feature.

now, onto the tough one:

Undo

-If a bug occurs that freezes/breaks the game, grant undo in order to fix it.
-If there is a gameplay bug that would alter your play, grant that aswell
-beyond that, it will be up to you to decide which undos you want to grant and which you don't. However, I would urge you to agree on your policy before the match starts.

We don't want to make a rule for this otherwise before being more experienced on how it influences games. Please use this thread to give feedback throughout this season.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:52:42 am by assemble_me »
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
Re: Season 19 has started! (Rules changes)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:43:50 am »
+1

Regarding  Undo:

I'm writing this as a player, not as a mod. When you're trying to agree on your policy, here is an if you want to go for the "no new information" missclicks.

I would also make a distinction between "relevant information" and "irrelevant information", some examples:

Playing Scavenger reveals your discard. Undoing that to play a Laboratory is most of the time a no-brainer, there is not much that Scavenger could reveal that would make you change your mind, especially at the start of your turn (except triggering a shuffle, maybe). Undoing Scavenger to play another terminal would be relevant information, since that might be influenced by your discard pile.

Playing a Smithy at the start of your turn reveals three new cards, so I wouldn't grant an undo in Smithy-BM (since it's very important what to draw there). If you had a village in hand, there is little reason for me to suspect that the new information had anything to do with you undo.

Playing a Lab instead of calling a Teacher might reveal a tiny bit of relevant information, but I would be nice about that aswell, especially aslong as the teacher is hiding in the log. (goes for all reserve cards, maybe not for transmog in mid-lategame)

You could also agree to grant each other a certain amount of these kind of missclicks per match.

Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

arcee

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: rchandra
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 12:22:43 pm »
+1

My matches so far have been using the "no new information" as well as undoing obvious misclicks (not paying debt, etc) and it's been great so far.  I feel like it improves speed - you lose time fixing errors, but not as much as if you have to quadruple-check every click instead.  It definitely improves my experience, feeling like I'm not losing games to the interface.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:23:51 pm by arcee »

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 07:21:31 am »

Landmarks / Events

Since this question came up in some league match this season:
We advise people to simply use the default rule which is 0-2 Landmarks/Events. Of course, as usual, players can mutually agree to change the number of those at their own leisure.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:24:36 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.